My husband and I spent a week in Koh Samui, and out of the 7 nights, 6 were spent at Amari Palm Reef. We were impressed by the pictures in the hotel website, good reviews from other travelers, and the Amari brand of hotels in Thailand which is famous for its good quality. The only reason we didn't stay here for our whole trip was because no rooms were available for that particular day, so we found another place.
The rooms were very nice. The bed was big and comfortable, the air conditioning cold enough, and the room clean and spacious. There was a balcony outside with a table and chairs and a wooden rack used for hanging clothes. It was an excellent idea since vacationers can use this area to dry their swimsuits. For our return stay, we got a room upgrade: a villa overlooking the swimming pool. The grounds were nice and well-kept and evoked a feeling of being in a tropical paradise, especially the area overlooking the beach.
I do have something to say about the bathrooms, though. During our initial stay, the water from the shower would go to the edge of the bathtub, where there is a depressed space, and leak onto the floors. This created a lot of mess and we spent a lot of time cleaning it up after showering. On our return visit, the shower and bathtub were separate so we didn't have that problem. We do have a couple of suggestions for the management, though: place a rubber stopper on the glass shower door so that when you open it and it hits the toilet bowl, it will not break and injure a guest. Second is to change the bathroom lights from halogen to LED to conserve electricity.
The gym is excellent although not as complete as a real gym. A nice touch is the supply of sweet-smelling cold towels that guests can use after their work-out.
The breakfast buffet had a good selection of delicious food, but it would be nice if they could vary the menu a bit so that people who stay for several days (like us) would not be faced with the same things every morning.
The staff is very friendly and accommodating. From check-in to check-out and everything in between, everyone was polite and pleasant and smiling. My husband left his slippers in his old room when we checked out, and when we came back, we asked if they had seen them. They quickly located the slippers and returned them to us.
The hotel is 5-10 minutes walk to the "center" of Chaweng Beach, where there are a lot of restaurants and shops. Alternatively, you could rent a scooter from the hotel, which we did, and explore the area via scooter. The advantage of renting from the hotel is that there is no need to leave your passport with them, which is demanded by the other scooter rental shops outside. The price is reasonable, too, at 1000 baht for 4 days.
This lovely hotel helped make our dream tropical paradise vacation come through. We will definitely stay here the next time we go to Koh Samui.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cushioned by soft white sands and sparkling waters, Amari welcomes you to one of the most idyllic islands in the Gulf of Thailand. A gem set apart from the rest of the world, Amari on Koh Samui invites you to live out your days on island time, where there is always time for another dip in the pool or another walk on the beach. Turn off your clock, enter our time zone, and let Amari take care of the rest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amari Hotels, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Amari Koh Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amari Palm Reef Koh Samui Hotel Chaweng
- Amari Palm Reef Hotel
- Amari Palm Reef Resort
- Amari Koh Samui Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand