“Not as good as last time”

B2@Samui Beach Resort
Ranked #97 of 104 Hotels in Chaweng
Albany, Australia
“Not as good as last time”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Stayed here 5 years ago & the place has deteriorated. The buildings are now quite dilapidated. The WIFI drops out & the cleaning staff only seem clean your room if you ask them. We have been here for 6 nights now & the shampoo & soap in the bathroom have not been replenished since our arrival. Luckily we bring our own. The aircon at least is cold & the beach is but a few metres away. Like most resorts we find that some people seem to monopolise the shadiest spots by placing their belongings on the sun loungers at daybreak thus depriving others. Breakfast is what you would expect & usually cold. The only redeeming feature of this place is its location at the south end of Chaweng Beach. There are plenty of small restaurants outside to cater to all budgets within a short walk. One word of caution about this resort. I inadvertantly hit the wrong button on the in room safe a night prior to going on an all day trip leaving at 7.00am. I asked the fellow at reception to send someone to open it for me as the documents for the trip were inside. He told me that the engineer had gone home & wouldnt be available to open the safe until 8.00am. When I pointed out that I needed the documents he tried to brush me off by telling me to wait for a couple of hours to see if the safe would reset itself. I thought about this for a while but decided that this was not good enough. I wanted the documents straight away & I asked him to contact his superiors to arrange assistance. After a few mutterings from him I managed to convince him that I was serious about having the safe opened up as soon as possible. I pointed out to him that if I had a flight leaving before 8.00am I would miss it if he wasnt going to help. I insisted then that he get someone to talk to me right away & sort this out. Another fellow arrived who seemed more amenable to fixing this customer relations blunder & a quick phone call had the maintenance man on my doorstep within 15 minutes to open the safe, problem solved!!
This experience has soured my experience at this resort & I hesitate to recommend it to anyone if only for the attitude of the night porter. One other small problem is that someone seems to let off firecrackers at odd times during the night. I havent been able to ascertain who but I suspect it is the beachside restaurant next door which caters for the younger set who love to party on into the night.

Room Tip: go to the Centara resort next door to this one
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
VICTORIA
Reviewed May 30, 2012

I didn't stay at this hotel, but went to the beach restaurant. The food was really good! Don't be swayed by the kitsch fake flowers, it is lovely and the service is fantastic.
I love the way they groom the sand and set up the tables and flowers!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed April 13, 2012

First of all this is not a resort with 4 star facilities. It has basic rooms, the room is clean, toilet is not sparkling clean. The bed is comfortable. We spent most of our time at the beach and ate out. The location is perfect, smack right in the middle of chaweng busy strip. Staff are friendly and helpful.

Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed August 22, 2011

We got a twin room walk in rate of 1800 THB. The beds were clean and comfortable as was the bathroom. We only slept here, went down to the beach or other hotels pools and ate out. It served it's purpose. Staff were friendly.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank J_RDAN
Auckland
Reviewed July 25, 2011

Lovely spot on Chaweng Beach. From the start the staff were helpful and friendly. Restaurant right on the beach front, and good spot for swimming.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Cape Town
Reviewed January 17, 2011

I booked 10 people at this "resort" during December/Jan 2011, and they were highly disappointed- oveflowing toilets, dirty, men bringing Thai women back to their rooms, loud, have i mentioned dirty? unfriendly staff, no porters, no bar area, limited chairs on the beach-not good valu for money-definitely won't be sending anymore clients here!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank TanyaeCapeTown

Travelers are raving about these Chaweng hotels

Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed January 7, 2011

We were so looking forward at staying at this hotel based on the beautiful photos you will find of it but we were disappointed when we arrived. The hotel is old, rooms need renovation (we stayed in a standard room). Shower curtain stained as well as sink. Walls need a paint. Good was the location, right on the beach, a pleasure to sit by the pool and view the sea. For the price you pay here you can get a better hotel in Kho Samui.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple