“Straight Up!!”

Timmy's Masschneider Tailor
Ranked #6 of 27 Shopping in Chaweng
More attraction details
Owner description: FREE PICK UP FROM YOUR HOTEL - CONTACT US DIRECTLY, CALL US. Established since 1984, we pride ourselves on being one of the leading custom tailor shops in Koh Samui. We specialize in making clothes for both men and woman such as suits, dresses, shirts, tuxedos, etc in the best quality fabric such as cashmere, Thai silk, linen, wool, for all occasions. Our team consists of dedicated, experienced professionals who understand the customers' needs. We provide customers with high quality tailor made clothes that suit their taste. Years of experience, strong base of repeat customers, professional service, quality workmanship and reasonable prices make us one of the leaders in bespoke clothes. Our Thai tailors provide high quality craftsmanship day in day out, compared to the best. Our range of materials allows us to design and prepare, hand crafted tailored garments using the finest fabrics for every occasion. We speak ENGLISH, GERMAN, THAI.
Reviewed January 8, 2014

It started on a Sunday night when my wife almost hit a sleazy street tailor on the head! Hey Mrs. you Italian?
After this we got back to our hotel and said " let's find the best in town based on reviews & go there". So off we went to Timmy Land!

As soon as we walked in there he was Timotheo (Timmy in Greek), the first question asked? How long are you here for? 7 days Timmy!
Please come in...
Five minutes later a lady walks in he asks the same question! The lady left upset at the fact Timmy couldn't sort her out in time.

We chose our material got measured and missed out on some other great material, because another person in store grabbed it first! I respect that, first in best dressed..

The fact that Timmy only works on a certain lead time is what makes him both good & bad to us travellers!!!!

After my third fitting we had some small adjustments to make so I had luxury of time. If he had worked like the rest of those grovelling sleaze bags on the street???? Yep my shirts would not have been perfect!!!

If you want the best in Koh Samui, go to (Timotheo) that's Timmy in Greek!!

Remember give him enough time, go there as soon as you arrive not after your tours!

Good things take that little bit more more time, but are well worth it when u look in the mirror!!!!!

TimmySamui, Owner at Timmy's Masschneider Tailor, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2014

Dear Customer

Thanks so much for your review on trip advisor we highly appreciate you taking time to write about us.

We do prefer it when customers do have time and appreciate it when they come early rather then late this leaves us with ample time to give them a few fittings. That does not mean that we cannot attend to those with lesser time. We can try to get the clothes ready earlier only if they are not too complicated to make and our tailors are not too busy with earlier orders.

During christmas and new year period like everywhere its busy and peak season in tourism industry.
We were also very busy at this moment of time and hence I could not accept the order of the woman who walked in during your presence due to time factor and the requirement of the person. We try our best to get the orders ready on time but due to tailors being extremely busy it was not possible for me to accommodate her for which I am sorry. I would rather be frank then accept the order and then not be able to deliver on time.

Once again so pleased for you doing business with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Thanks

"bought suits"
in 8 reviews
"thanks guys"

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I took on a rather large order here including multiple suits, trousers, shirts, blazers etc and found all pieces to be flawless. A great variety of quality materials, amazingly crafted with perfect stitching and no loose threads etc.

Also I loved that Timmy and his team are straight to the point (no messing about with price negotiation or seedy sales tactics) They just ‘tell it how it is’ then whip out the measuring tape.

Personally I’m a fussy bugger and had a couple of extra alterations made toward the last fitting but Timmy ensured that I was fully satisfied without making the late alterations an uncomfortable experience.

A genuine 10/10 from me so I highly recommend Timmy and his skilled team to anyone heading to Koh Samui.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

I visited Timmy's based in research from the net where everyone raved about this tailor. I must have visited on the wrong day! I was served by Timmy himself and I told him I wanted a little black dress in silk with a bit of draping at the front - he asked how long I was staying in Koh Samui when I told him 5 days he said that was not long enough for 2 or 3 fittings and just dismissed me without any discussion as to something simpler perhaps! Would not recommend this rudeness at all!!

5  Thank BritGil

Dear Madame

Thanks for dropping by at Timmy's our shop.

I apologise for having to refuse the opportunity of accepting your order for a dress.

Please understand that it was Christmas and New Year time and during this period like everywhere it is peak season. Our tailors were extremely busy at that moment of time with earlier orders. The orders that we accepted had to be completed on time and with dresses our lady tailor was busy.

As you must have browsed on internet that when it comes to dresses we need the customers to have a few fittings. At that moment it was best for me to say no rather then accept the order.
This situation happens rarely and we are sorry that we could not attend to your need at that moment.

Best Regards
Timmys
(Owner)

Reviewed December 26, 2013

Since I`am spending holidays in Koh Samui, that is already more than 20 years,
I visit "Timmy`s Masshneider Taylor" Shop in Koh Samui, Chaweng Beach.
(next to Mercure Tana Resort). -- Timmy is really competend and every time I gave
order to make new cloth, what ever it was, he made it satisfactorily and inexpensive for me.
And for sure, if I go again to Samui, a will visit his Shop. -- For sure, I can recommend him...