“First class experience”

Timmy's Masschneider Tailor
Ranked #1 of 24 Shopping in Chaweng
More attraction details
Owner description: FREE PICK UP FROM YOUR HOTEL - CONTACT US DIRECTLY, CALL US. Established since 1984, we pride ourselves on being one of the leading custom tailor shops in Koh Samui. We specialize in making clothes for both men and woman such as suits, dresses, shirts, tuxedos, etc in the best quality fabric such as cashmere, Thai silk, linen, wool, for all occasions. Our team consists of dedicated, experienced professionals who understand the customers' needs. We provide customers with high quality tailor made clothes that suit their taste. Years of experience, strong base of repeat customers, professional service, quality workmanship and reasonable prices make us one of the leaders in bespoke clothes. Our Thai tailors provide high quality craftsmanship day in day out, compared to the best. Our range of materials allows us to design and prepare, hand crafted tailored garments using the finest fabrics for every occasion. We speak ENGLISH, GERMAN, THAI.
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I researched online before heading to Samui and walked the length of Chaweng beach to get to Timmys. On route we were harassed by almost every tailor (there's a lot!) and I actually went in to see the quality of fabrics at two of them so that I could compare them to Timmys.

First thing I noticed was a warm welcome and offer of refreshments. I asked about prices of suits and Timmy gave me fixed, non-negotiable price for twos suits and 5 shirts - i liked this because at Timmys everyone gets treated equally and I didn't feel like he was trying to rip me off.

Comparing the experience to those of tailors on my trip through Chaweng I appreciated his honesty and how un-salesly it all felt; there was no razmataz or sweet talking, just a genuine interest in what we wanted.

This was the first time I have had a suit tailored and the process was straightforward, clearly communicated and informative. Timmy explained to me all the options available and when I enquired about the differences, he was happy to go in to detail and how each option would suit me according to my body shape / height etc.

Upon my final fitting and payment I requested to leave my suits and shirts with them for an extra week to save me lugging it around Koh Phagnan; they were more than happy to oblige and despite a different member of staff being there when I turned up to pick it up they knew who I was and were expecting me, another example of professional service and seamless communication.

I will definitely be using their online services now they have created me a suit of perfect fit, immense quality fabric and personal touch.

Cheers

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Had researched before my visit and found Timmy's reputation was the best by far. Upon visiting I found Timmy very friendly and approachable and extremely helpful. The quality and service was excellent. Timmy is not pushy at all and is there to make you happy and have an honest, friendly chat along the way. This is probably what makes him so unique among Samui's Tailors which I'm sure you'll find out for yourself during your visit. Even if quality and price could be matched (which I doubt) the service alone would still set him apart! Well done Timmy and we'll certainly see you again next time.

3  Thank DarrenPI
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Timmy's lives up to its sterling reputation and is the only place on the island to go for professional service and quality. I had two dresses and a skirt made and from first visit to final fitting I was impressed by their attention to detail, conscientiousness, and knowledge. I could not be more pleased with my clothes and look forward to visiting them again.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

We found Timmy's on trip advisor and based on the majority of the reviews we had decided to go there. My mother and I needed four suits and thirteen blouses made. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly (particularly Timmy and his wife) in giving advice for what material to choose, style and fit of suit etc. In addition they both were keen and everything was completed promptly. Both the suits and the service are of an excellent standard and quality and also staff were happy to listen to our views and wishes on the clothes after every fitting. Each time we visited Timmy's it felt like we were becoming good friends and we shared a great rapport. Moreover the price was also reasonable. I thoroughly recommend to visit Timmy' if you are in Samui.

From the Shah family

1  Thank Hema S
Reviewed August 27, 2013

My husband and I both got suits and shirts made and the finished result is excellent. The service was very high and the staff are very good in giving advice and finding out what is the best model and fit. We can only give out highest recommendations to Timmys.