“Best Tailor Experiance”

Timmy's Masschneider Tailor
Ranked #1 of 22 Shopping in Chaweng
More attraction details
Owner description: FREE PICK UP FROM YOUR HOTEL - CONTACT US DIRECTLY, CALL US. Established since 1984, we pride ourselves on being one of the leading custom tailor shops in Koh Samui. We specialize in making clothes for both men and woman such as suits, dresses, shirts, tuxedos, etc in the best quality fabric such as cashmere, Thai silk, linen, wool, for all occasions. Our team consists of dedicated, experienced professionals who understand the customers' needs. We provide customers with high quality tailor made clothes that suit their taste. Years of experience, strong base of repeat customers, professional service, quality workmanship and reasonable prices make us one of the leaders in bespoke clothes. Our Thai tailors provide high quality craftsmanship day in day out, compared to the best. Our range of materials allows us to design and prepare, hand crafted tailored garments using the finest fabrics for every occasion. We speak ENGLISH, GERMAN, THAI.
Sydney, Australia
“Best Tailor Experiance”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

My experiance at Timmys was fantastic and I will be ordering all of my business clothes from him now on.

Take it from a young Aussie guy who is used to paying stupid money for off the rack clothes. This guy knows his stuff.

While on my honeymoon December 2012, My wife and I found ourselves in Koh Samui. (Best part of our entire Thailand Trip). We stayed at the Centara Grand which is about a 3 min walk up to Timmy's. I knew I wanted to get some suits made for work, but there was not alot of info to go off on Trip advisor regarding tailors in KohSamui and if you walk the streets for 5 min you will see a different tailor every 50 meters.
I decided to Try Timmys because it was so close.
I walked in and was imediatley greetedwith a smile and a cold drink. Timmy and his brother in law seemed genuine and not pushy at all. Still weary I only asked for 3 pairs of pants and 3 shirts. They let me pick the fabrics and measured me up. I came back the next day with a rough version of one pair of pants and shirt. I was verry happy. so happy with the rough version that I then changed my order to
5x Shirts
5x Pants and 1x Tuxedo.

My wife said she didnt want anything but after she came in with me for my last fitting she couldnt help but go through the magazines on the waiting tabel. she picked a dress design and asked Timmy if he could make it. His answer was "of course". My wife ended up getting
3 x linon dresses
1 x Suit
3 x Skirts
1 x Blouse

We were so happy with Timmy. He is a smart business man and a genuine person.

Thanks alot Timmy.

• Hebrew first
Port Lincoln, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fantastic quality & service! Recommend highly!”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

After doing some research on TripAdvisor before flying into Koh Samui my husband and I decided that this would be the place for him to have a suit made. We found the store relatively easily as it was quite close to where we were staying. Make sure you go there as soon as possible as it does take them a few days to make. We were there for 4 nights & Timmy was reluctant to take our order because he is so busy and he likes to make sure that the suits fit well. Loads of fabrics to choose from and plenty of books and magazines to look at if you aren't sure what you were after. We took our ipad with some photos to make sure they knew exactly what we were after. My husband had his measurements taken at 6pm and had his first fitting at 10pm that same night. He had 2 more fittings before his suit & sports jacket were ready to take. Every time we went to Timmy's they were flat out with customers-definitely no one outside the store harassing you to buy. It was amusing to observe the other "suit guys" when we were walking back to our hotel with the finished suit in the suit bag. They would ask "Where did you get your suit made?" We would reply "Timmy's" and they would have this look of defeat on their faces as if to say "Another Timmy's customer?! How can we possibly compete?!!!" Timmy's is definitely not the cheapest and certainly no bargaining about the price but in this case you can guarantee that you will receive quality, well made garments. Highly recommend!!!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank ACCC2012
London
“First Class Quality Tailor”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I went to Thailand for NYE and while I was there I wanted to some new suits for work. I was recommended Timmy's and I was extremely impressed. I have 3 shirts, 3 suits and an overcoat made which are all made to the highest standard. I am very specific with what I want and Timmy done it with no questions asked. I will certainly be returning whether I go Thailand again or whether I e-mail him from home.

Visited January 2013
Auckland, NZ
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Great deal”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I had three suits made by Timmy - a 3 peice suit for my 17 year old son, and double and single breasted suits for me.

For what I paid (less than half of what I have previously paid for tailor made suits from Hong Kong), I'm delighted with what was made.

The service we received was excellent - Timmy was helpful but not pushy. We had 3 fittings, and weren't rushed to approve anything until we were happy. The range and quality of fabrics that are available to choose from is great - amazing actually given his prices. The quality of the finished product is also fantastic.

Timmy will make pretty much exactly what you ask for. In my case this meant I ended up with one jacket that is a bit on the short side for me (not Timmy's fault - I let my young (trendy) son convince me that this is what is currently fashionable) and a single vented double breasted suit jacket - in retrospect I should have had it double vented. But these are minor quibbles.

In order to get the most from the visit, if you have a suit at home that fits perfectly, I would take that in - Timmy can use it as a template. Alternatively, I would take reasonably detailed photos of what you want.

I will definitely go back to Timmy for more suits, and this will be my approach next time!

Johannesburg, South Africa
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Timmy's Tailor”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We struggled to find Timmy's Tailor at first but when we did find him we were stoked. We made a mens suit and jacket, 3x ladies suits (trousers and skirts), 1 suit with under jacket.

The service from Timmy was tremendous! We returned 3 times for alterations due to the amount of garments we had made but the price was all worth it.

For extra service, Timmy delivered our garments for free to our hotel of stay as we were on a scooter and didn't have space left to take the garments with us. The next day it was delivered to our hotel Lobby. We were so happy for this.

Timmy has a huge variety of outfits he can tailor for you so rather go with pictures that you would like to have as you will be blown away on the variety and end up not knowing what to pick.

An additional service that Timmy provide is to have your garments delivered over seas! He keeps your measurements and you can order additional garments in future if you wish to do so. This is for a mere 200Baht per suit. Well worth it!