“Quality service”

Timmy's Masschneider Tailor
Ranked #7 of 29 Shopping in Chaweng
More attraction details
Owner description: FREE PICK UP FROM YOUR HOTEL - CONTACT US DIRECTLY, CALL US. Established since 1984, we pride ourselves on being one of the leading custom tailor shops in Koh Samui. We specialize in making clothes for both men and woman such as suits, dresses, shirts, tuxedos, etc in the best quality fabric such as cashmere, Thai silk, linen, wool, for all occasions. Our team consists of dedicated, experienced professionals who understand the customers' needs. We provide customers with high quality tailor made clothes that suit their taste. Years of experience, strong base of repeat customers, professional service, quality workmanship and reasonable prices make us one of the leaders in bespoke clothes. Our Thai tailors provide high quality craftsmanship day in day out, compared to the best. Our range of materials allows us to design and prepare, hand crafted tailored garments using the finest fabrics for every occasion. We speak ENGLISH, GERMAN, THAI.
Reviewed September 7, 2012

My girlfriend had read the good reviews on Tripadvisor and decided to check it out. There is no one outside the shop trying to drag you in, that was an immediate bonus! She first enquired about the cost of getting a dress made and then had a look at the various materials. She said she would think about it and come back the next day. She then decided to get the dress made and went back and her measurements were taken. She was told the dress would be done in a few days, which was perfect as she did not want anything that would be thrown together in 24hours. She had three fittings before the dress was ready to take home.

When I saw the quality of the dress my girlfriend got, I decided to get a suit made. I picked the material and my measurements were taken. I went back for a few fittings and by the end of it everything was great.

The suit cost 6,000 Baht and the dress cost 3,500 Baht, which we thought was good for the quality. There were no hidden charges and no pressure to get anything, unlike a lot of the other tailors in Chaweng. Overall, we were happy with the experience we had with Timmy and we would recommend him if you want to get something made while in Chaweng.

2  Thank kingciaran
in 8 reviews
"thanks guys"

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Hi there
Totally agree with pug- my husband and I got a few items made. His outfits was perfect. I'm a size 10 but quite busty with slim legs - I think the odd shape threw them off and i had to go in about 4/5 adjustments and they still got it wrong and mind you they had plenty of time as i was there for 10 days. My suits aren't that great and trousers are extremely tight and not well shaped.

So I strongly would not recommend this for ladies unless you take in a suit of your own to copy.

However it was Great service by the gents and ole this post helps.

1  Thank Chicken L
Reviewed July 17, 2012

My husband had a three piece suit made and I had a cashmere overcoat and we are both really pleased with the finished result. My husband went back 3 times to get the fitting just right (he is very particular) but mine was done in 2. This is the good thing about Timmy's because if you are not happy they alter it until you are. After all there is no point spending lots of money for something you will not wear when you get home (I have made this mistake before when visiting Bangkok).
They don't make suits in 24 hours but they do give good quality and we throughly recommend them. The other thing I liked about Timmy's was they do not believe in having someone stand outside their shop begging for people to come in - and I have to say they were always busy when we went in.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Timmy is a lovely man with a self-deprecating sense of humour born in Thailand, but educated in Calcutta. He returned to Thailand over 20 years ago, and aside from the first six months spent in Thailand when he arrived he has been a tailor at Chewang for twenty years. He is not the least expensive tailor, he is, however, the best on the Island. But to be so, he needs you to give him time. If you don't have a week before leaving you make it difficult for Timmy. If you give him time he has beautiful, high quality merino wool, cashmere, silk , cotton and linen materials available to be turned into the finest clothes you have ever worn. It is best to take his advice with the cut and style of the clothes once he knows your working conditions; "do you sit down a lot at work" was one of his questions to me. If you do, your suit pants should have pleats. His shop is just two shops south from Mercure Nana Hotel, just 150 metres down from the Centara Grand Hotel on the opposite side of the road. Timmy will not stand outside his shop trying to drag you in off the street. He has a constant stream of customers so be prepared to wait if you drop in for a fitting and be prepared to do this a few times over 5 days to ensure your clothes fit perfectly. I bought two premium quality suits with 2 pair of pants each and six business shirts for 20,000 baht which is very fair value for money. I have been wearing suits for almost 30 years and these two are as good as tailor made clothes from Italy at a fraction of the price. The hems of all pants are lined on the inside to protect them from your shoes which is always a sign of an experienced tailor. When you get to Koh Samui find Timmy as soon as you can and obtain yourself the best clothing money can buy.

1  Thank James M
See more reviews
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Mr PugHugger and I both bought suits from Timmy's this year. Each suit is a jacket and two pants for Mr PH and two skirts for me. We also bought three shirts a piece.

I have mixed thoughts about the process as a female purchaser. While they tried it seems the tailors are not used to a curvy woman. When I say curvy I don't mean fat either (although losing a few kilos would probably not hurt me), I mean large busted, well rounded in the butt and a small waist (i.e. hourglass shaped).

As a result of this we had to go back three times for my measurements, although Mr PugHugger would have been done after two. If everything was perfect that would have been fine. However, at the end of the day I am not happy with the skirts of my suit. Both are too big in the waist and too tight through the hips. Its a pity because the jacket is relatively nice and the material is good. But given both skirts ride up with every step I take they are not wearable.

So for women - unless you are brave or pretty much straight up and down avoid.

As for men though Mr Pughugger loves his suit and will order more through the online system. And for good reason, its a great suit, well made, lovely fabric and a great colour (fabric and lining). No complaints at all from his point of view - especially for the money paid which was about $220 AUD if I recall correctly. That said, while he likes the shirts he probably would not bother with them again as he gets just as good a fit from Van Heusen.

Timmy and the staff as quite nice, we were always offered a drink when we arrived and the suits were delivered to our hotel when it became apparent we would need third fittings and alterations. All in all go for a mens suit as that is their strength, but a woman's suit is far riskier. I will not try again.

1  Thank PugHugger