“Decent / Affordable”

Ranked #45 of 71 Specialty Lodging in Chaweng
Kintbury, United Kingdom
“Decent / Affordable”
Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

Chaweng beach is pretty nasty unfortunately and Your Place is located towards the quiet end of the beach which works out well. The room was comfortable and the facilities were good. The staff were friendly and chilled but at sometimes a little too chilled. Often we would have to go and snap them out of a day dream in order to pay the bill or place an order. The food is of a good standard negative comments on the food in previous reviews, the food was actually quite good which make me think that perhaps they've upped their game since the previous negative reviews. The green curry and the massaman was actually the best we tried in our time in Chaweng. They offer motorbike hire for 200 Bart per day and the bikes are good. They also have a travel agent attached to reception and a pharmacy and a shop across the road so all of your needs are a few steps away. If you're on a budget, this place is great to stay at.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stanaro02

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Germany
Reviewed March 11, 2014

We had a fan bungalow for 600Baht the night, cold water, spacious veranda. Bed was okay, towel provided. Location at the quiet northern end of Chaweng where the beach is not that nice (rubbish and water not clear) and further away from main restaurants and clubs (good 15 min walk). Moped rental, 7Eleven, French Bakery close by.

YourPlace Restaurant offers Thai and Western Food, a Cocktail Bar and Shisha. We ordered a “Surf and Turf” for 400Baht (Steak and King Prawns) and a Chef Salad… Deeply disappointed. The service was more or less non-existent. When I ordered 5 min after my boyfriend (I could not decide in first place), the staff got unfriendly and pissed at me. They forgot our drinks, so my partner ended up going to the bar himself and ordering, barkeeper did not understand what he meant and was only done with one drink although nobody else was there, when he came back to pick the drinks up.
Waited more than half an hour for our food, although it wasn’t exactly what we would call busy.
Food was more or less a joke, Surf and Turf consisted of a really bad steak, jar sauce, cold French fries and a tiny prawn. My Chef Salad was with 7Eleven Ham and spray cheese, no dressing provided (just self-help vinegar and oil in old jars). Completely overpriced for this food, never again!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Shanghai, China
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I have stayed at this place twice. The first time round it was alright that's why I came back to it. However, the room we stayed in was the most disgusting place I've ever slept in. The service at the bar was non-existent. I had to go and help myself to the menu as me sitting at the table for at least 10 mins didn't encourage any of the staff to serve me. I had to go to the staff to order anything. Once ordered, I had to wait forever to get my drinks and food.

A couple, a westerner with a thai 'girlfriend', got served waaaaayyyyyyyyy before me even though they turned up waaaaaaayyyyyyyyy after me.

I suggest have breakfast at the place to the left. The place and service is 100% better, as well as other places down the beach. Such as P.I. Bungalows.

Never coming back to this.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank EgleDesigns

Travelers are raving about these Chaweng hotels

Reviewed November 20, 2013

After some problems checking in, we got taken to our room which was little more than a dirty shack, over run with bedbugs! After asking to change rooms, with some reluctance they moved us to another room, with no obvious sign of bed bugs and a filthy bathroom. Would never ever stay here. Checked out the very next day

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Fussy988
Luang Prabang, Laos
Reviewed September 27, 2013

This place is quite conveniently located and is walking distance from Soi Green Mango. The hotel's beach is quite and one can walk on the beach and reach the more busier beach bars within 10 to 15 minutes.

The staff is friendly and helpful, and keeps the place very clean. There is a supermarket just outside the hotel.

The in-house restaurant serves fairly good Thai food and the servers willingly suggest other restaurants and bars if you ask them

Room Tip: Prefer a room around 10-16
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

Great Bar! We didn't stay in the hotel part, just used the bar on the beach - daily.
They had evening entertainment too (variable ;-/) but really cool atmosphere and excellent location. Layed back reggae playing most of the day too :-)))

Good value too...

• Stayed September 2013
Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

We had a fantastic stay at your place. The bungalows felt very homely and they were big and well decorated.

Our stay didn't start particularly well. We had ordered a double bungalow fan room (one couple is in our group) and an air conditioned bungalow as our friend joined us at a later date and there were no fan rooms left. When we arrived they gave us twin beds in the fan room (despite the request for a double) and a double bed in the AC room. Our friend ended up insisting we trade with her so we could have the double bed but then she had paid more money and the whole thing could have been easily rectified if reception had given us the correct room. I have to say though after this we were all happy as both bungalows were lovely and the fan worked really well so our friend was not to hot.

There are loads of positives to this place. The beach is on your door step, there is a fantastic on sight restaurant which is really well priced and has a fire show, there is an on sight Thai massage place again reasonably priced and also a tourist centre to book trips. The decor outside is lovely with ponds. They also have the most gorgeous cats you will see in Thailand living here. The bar staff are great, the DIY man was lovely, the security guard really nice and reception booked us a taxi to our ferry when we left.

Low points were few but there were a couple. They have a massive black dog at reception and he growled at several hotel guests; I am sure if you are a dog person this wouldn't bother you but I took to not going into reception due to the dog. The Internet was a little touch and go but you are on an island so I think you just have to live with that. The shower in our room was only hot on the first day however we did not tell reception about it as we didn't mind and if we had I am sure they would have helped us as on the first day our lights went and within minutes of reporting it a man fixed it for us.

Our room was cleaned every 2 days and I wish we didn't have to leave as we love our little bungalow!

Keep up the good work Your Place!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Helenkm18
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chaweng
Muang Kulaypan Hotel
#106 of 429 in Ko Samui
Lucky Mother Bungalow
Lucky Mother Bungalow
#94 of 294 in Ko Samui

Been to Your Place Resort? Share your experiences!