“Great place, have returned and will return again!”
Review of La Dolce Vita

La Dolce Vita
Ranked #102 of 183 Restaurants in Chaweng
Cuisines: Italian, Thai, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
“Great place, have returned and will return again!”
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

This is a great restaurant in Chewang area with very good service and simple food done well all at a great price! we have returned already on this trip and will return again before going home! No real problems at all and would recommend it to others. We just can't believe it's only rated 33 out of restaurants in Chewang area.

• Visited March 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Shanghai, China
“great pizza and wonderful tenderloin”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

ate a pizza here a few days ago... and I liked it so much I decided to come back again for lunch today. Had another great pizza... wood fired oven very traditional Italian taste. Loved it. I also ordered a tenderloin steak and it was cooked perfectly and tasted outstanding. The food here is awesome. I highly recommend it.

Only problem is that the service was very slow and the staff does not speak English very well. I was the only customer there for a very late lunch at 3pm and yet it took almost an hour for my steak. And I had to repeat myself a few times to be understood - but in the end there were absolutely no mistakes with the food. Everything was perfect.

• Visited March 2014
Berlin, Germany
“solid italian cuisine”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

My wife and I we were looking for a decent Italien restaurant because after a few days of Thai food I was the guy who was yelling to get a pizza and pasta. We were checking tripadvisor and were discussing where to go. All of the sudden we just hopped on a taxi and drove to Chaweng. Walking a few minutes we saw the La dolce vita, checking the tripadvisor app and the ratings and we gave it a try. I ordered a pizza salami for sharing as a starter and my wife took spaghetti carbonara and I took lasagne. The pinapple jouice for my wife was freshly pressed and my coke was at 3 degree ;) Just kidding regarding the coke.
The pizza saami had a spicy Italian salami topping which was nice, the bottom was thin and the sauce was delicious. The carbonara was way better than in our hotel (which is the second best on the Island) but it could take a little bit more salt next time. The lasagna was solid work tasted yummy. As you can see from our choice we are more the tourist Italian cuisine lovers and not the haute cuisine posh style Italian restaurant guys but this is related to the fact (just for me, my wife would tell me that I should not write something like this) that when I thinking of decent Italian kitchen there is nothing more as pasta and pizza to me :)

The service was really nice and excellent they where looking after us and as we did not choose alcoholic beverages for dinner we got no crappa but fruits after the meal. To me this is really mindful although we drink alcohol :)

• Visited December 2013
Alberta, Canada
“Best italian resto”
Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

My wife and i decided to go out for a dinner date one friday evening and we saw this italian resto named la dolce vita. We tried to dine in there to check out their menu, to be honest the prices are not that expensive. So we ordered some pizza and pastas. When the food came it was fabulous! Highly recommended.

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Glad we found this place”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Eat here 5 nights out in the 10 nights we stayed in Samui and each time food and service excellent. Wide choice of food and prices were good. Few of my party had the sea bass a couple of times and the said it was one of the best they can ever had I had the spinach cannoli a couple of times and this was really good. The owner was friendly and would always come and have a talk. Staff were also friendly and helpful.

• Visited October 2013