“Nice change from thai”

Cuisines: Italian, Thai, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Had a nice pizza here which was a lovely change after 2 weeks of thai cuisine. The service was a it slow but cheerful and good value for money

There are newer reviews for La Dolce Vita

Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Wife and I both had Pizzas so that is all I can comment on in food terms. Both of us agreed these were best pizzas we had on our whole honeymoon (and we had a few). Staff friendly and food reasonably priced. Would definitely go again.

1  Thank mrjpoo
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Take off '' la dolce vita'' its no a italian brand restaurant owner and chef are not italian still far from italian traditional just th name its italian

a copy of italian restaurant in asia anithing is possible
we asked tot al with a italian staff or chef the answer from staff: not exist

Kathrine H, Owner at La Dolce Vita, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2013

Im sorry to hear you didn't enjoy La Dolce Vita , i have to say if everything was so bad why didn't you say anything when you visited us. So we could do something about it. But i have to question your review cause you write you are a french guy , just have one review on trip advisor, so upset about this is a fake italian restaurant and no italian chef or manager, makes us wonder who you are and your tensions with it....(Everything was terrible even the atmosphere)
We really listen to all reviews good and not so good but tripadvisor is about what you ate and your experience not about where the management is coming from. First, we have Norwegian and Italian flag outside and we have never said is 100 % Italian restaurant. We have Luciano from Rome working for us so not sure who you spoke to saying it was nobody Italian there. And as you know ,cause you wrote you just visited us, we been full with a queue almost every night in July and returning guests .In our eyes that means its doesnt matter where management comes from if the restaurant was so terrible people wouldn't come again and for sure we would not have a queue.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

My first trip to Thailand and Koh Samui was in 2003, that was also the first time I visited this restaurant. I immediately fell in love with the place, like an oasis on the busy Chaweng road. Great food, weather it's Italian or Thai cuisine. Nice calm atmosphere with lounge music playing in the background. Attentive and friendly staff with quite ok English language skills.
I've visited Koh Samui more than 10 times since 2003, each and every time I've spent several evenings at this restaurant, not once have I been disappointed!

In high season the restaurant is always completely packed, sometimes there's even lines to get a table. Even in low season this restaurant is pretty full, though others appear to be empty.

Try it, I'm sure you'll be back, over and over again :)

Looking forward to my next trip to Koh Samui in September, La dolce vita is for sure my preferred restaurant :)

1  Thank KnutKnutsen81
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We love the pasta and sauces and thin crust pizzas. We like to seat in the area where they have wooden couches with cushions. We have been there as a twosome and with 22, the service is always great!

2  Thank beaudryandwenner