“Great no frills hotel, in a great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Samui Verticolor

Samui Verticolor
Ranked #63 of 104 Hotels in Chaweng
Karratha, WA
“Great no frills hotel, in a great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

Samui Verticolor is a no frills hotel that is very good for the price. It's in a great location right on the main road in Chaweng. You can walk the whole Chaweng road very easily it probably takes about 20 minutes.

Verticolor has a good size swimming pool with quite a few sun beds available. It was low season on this visit so sun beds may be hard to get in the peak season. There is a pool bar that is open until about 8pm cocktails were 120 Thai baht.

For breakfast there are 4 selections to choose from, An American breakfast with eggs and ham, a continental breakfast with French toast and pancakes, 2 x Asian breakfasts one with soup and one with noodles. All breakfast come with chips, salad and fruit.

The rooms are nice and clean, and house keeping does a good job cleaning and replacing towels every day. My only complain is the bathroom smelt a bit off :( it had a dank wet not very nice smell, but that would be my only complaint about the whole hotel.
Wifi is free in the lobby but is very expensive if you want it in your room, 350 Thai baht a day!

The hotel is only a 5 minute walk from Chaweng Walking street, this is the place to eat at night in Chaweng! Great choice of food and at a great price.

The dealing I had with the staff were all positive, always happy and smiling :)

For AUD $47 a night for a twin share room you can't complain. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank AlyshaB
SamuiVerticolor, General Manager at Samui Verticolor, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Dear Value guest,
Thank you for your sharing excellent comment regarding your stay at Samui vericolor.

Concerning your comment about our service, Your feedback is very important to us on implementing hotel service standard and we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.
Our staff work hard to ensure that all guests leave with positive impression of our hotel,I will pass on the positive comments to all department.
and hope to take care of you with the good internet access in the near future
and please accept my apologize for a bit smelt from our bathroom,I will try and make sure and find the way to improve.

Yodpetch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

First off, I would like to state that we paid £20 per night for a deluxe room. We stayed in room 3502 (5th floor) and were greeted with amazing views as well as an awesome bathroom and main room. Check in was smooth and we were greeted at the door for someone to take our bags up.
After reading other reviews I was worried about the quality of the hotel but for twenty quid a night, this was heaven. A few plus points outlined below

+ amazing spacious and clean room with super king beds and flat screen tv
+ bathroom with hair dryer and all amenities
+ Various plug points with you don't need an adaptor for. I just plugged in my British plug and all was good
+ stunning pool, and I mean stunning
+ complete working fridge so we were able to buy our own breakfast

The only minus were the Mosquitos but for goodness sake, it's a tropical island; they are everywhere, except of course your room. We were only bitten near reception as the doors are open. As long as they weren't in our room we were fine. I would say if you don't like Mosquitos, the islands are not where you'd like to go.

Many people complained about the staff. Yes, there English is not great but again, I don't get the expectation that they should all be fluent. Its a little ignorant if you ask me. I wanted tea bags, they brought up tea bags. I ordered room service, I got room service. I booked a tour through them, I got the tour.

Free wifi would be good in the rooms but its free downstairs and if you do want it in your room its only about £3 for 24 hours.

Overall, I would say that it more then met our expectations. I am very very picky when it comes to hotels and this was exceptional in terms of value. I have stayed in comparable hotels across the world and I've paid so much more. It was a true delight to stay here.

Room Tip: Pay the extra £3 per night for the deluxe room! Ask for 3502 if you want a corner room with lots of...
1 Thank Michelle F
Dear Michelle

I refer to your recent stay at our resort and thank you for your candid comment concerning your time at our property and Thank you for your sharing excellent comment .

With positive comment we are very pleasure that you are very happy with our hotel accommodation during your stay. With positive feedback I will share your comments with our team and staff. I am sure that this deed back will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as well as strive to continuously improve and maintain the quality of our services. Even we have such a positive feedback from you, we will never stop improvement our standard and services for your future stay and make your holiday perfect and a better day for your holiday vocation.

I also sincerely apologise that you felt your vacation with us was a disappointment due to the large number of insects that surrounded and pool area and that you felt reluctant to venture out for fear of being bitten. Apart from the extensive fogging that we carry out, we also retain the services of a reputable pest control company to address this concern. We tackle the insect situation from many angles and have a programme of every week steaming, fogging and spraying. We have also recently recruited on staff an environmental co-coordinator to actively look into this issue. In your particular case our abatement measures were obviously insufficient to ensure a pleasurable stay at our hotel.

Warm regards,

Luan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed two nights at this hotel. Everything was great apart from the air con which leaked and did not seem to have a temp gauge that worked so was cold or really cold. Great hotel and value for money HOWEVER the lady (mid 30s, orange hair) who checked us in was RUDE! No smile, no greeting just a - ' do you have reservation' and not even in a nice tone, she actually looked angry and annoyed to see us. First impression was really off putting then we tried to put that behind us but upon check out and when we were paying to use their taxi service I put the money in front of her, she never looked at me, just gave a deadly stare and turned away! Seriously I have no idea why she works there!

Dear Value guest
I refer to your recent stay at our resort and thank you for your candid comment concerning your time at our property.
I am indeed sorry that you felt your total experience with us was below expectations and that in your words we singularly failed to meet the quality standard that you expected from a Samui Verticolor.

Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

Pros:

1) Spacious and vibrant esp their deluxe room
2) Room fully equip with basic necessities i.e fridge, security box, fully working hot water

Cons:

1)Sewerage smell on 3rd floor (3309)
2)No FREE INTERNET?? yeah its a big deal for tourist. although it is free in the lobby, my next complaint is..
3).. TOO MANY Mosquitos!!Large Mosquitos!!

Room Tip: Level 1 room, so you can get free INTERNET Bring mosquitoes repellent Make sure rent a motorbike i...
Dear Value guest

We would like to thank you for having taken the time to fill in our guest comment form in tripadvisor and for your kind input. We also would like to thank you for having chosen Samui Verticolor for your recent vacation.
I also sincerely apologise that you felt your vacation with us was not the ultimate,
our internet access that you had hoped for. In your particular case, our services were obviously insufficient to ensure a pleasurable stay at our hotel.

I also sincerely apologise that you felt your vacation with us was a disappointment due to the large number of insects that surrounded area and that you felt reluctant to venture out for fear of being bitten. Apart from the extensive fogging that we carry out, we also retain the services of a reputable pest control company to address this concern. We tackle the insect situation from many angles and have a programme of daily steaming, fogging and spraying. We have also recently recruited on staff an environmental co-coordinator to actively look into this issue. In your particular case our abatement measures were obviously insufficient to ensure a pleasurable stay at our hotel.

Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

Booked this hotel in chaweng for 6 nights. It was a little further from the centre than I expected. Was a 25 minutes walk to the main night life.
Lovely swimming pool on site and 2 or 3 minutes walk to beach. Had to pay for wifi which was disappointing as most Thai hotels are free but to be fair it was cheap.
Even though the hotel didn't have a travel desk the staff were very happy to make booking.
Didn't like breakfast and would advise not to pay for inclusive.
I would recommend this hotel

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear Value guest,

We always appreciate receiving guest comments so that we may review our performance and strive to maintain the highest standard of service for our guests.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

Stayed for 1 night. The room
& hotel were very modern & clean and so was the pool. Staff were not overly helpful. Wifi is only free in reception & not in the rooms which many guests complained about. Location is good only 5 min walk to chaweng beach & shops/restaurants are on the doorstep.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Carole15372
SamuiVerticolor, General Manager at Samui Verticolor, responded to this review, November 24, 2013

Best regards,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 5 nights whilst in Koh Samui.
When checking in we were upgraded to a deluxe room which was great!
Loads of space, nice bathroom with a great shower, good bed and spotless.
The gym was also really good and the pool are nice too!
Breakfast was decent but you can only get Wi-Fi in the lobby which was disappointing!!
Overall a great hotel though and I'd definitely stay here again!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank ChrisOwensTrainer

and hope to take care of you with the good internet access in the near future

Best regards,
Yodpetch
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chaweng
First Residence Hotel
ibis Samui Bophut
ibis Samui Bophut
#48 of 187 in Bophut
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,476 reviews

Been to Samui Verticolor? Share your experiences!