“samui”
Review of Samui Verticolor

Samui Verticolor
Ranked #68 of 104 Hotels in Chaweng
Reviewed June 2, 2013

the hotel building is new,AC is very chilled, the staff are bit rude which is normal in Thailand :).location wise it is far from the shops and the restaurants. Breakfast is average, nothing much other then cornflakes and eggs. Good if you have your own transport like bike or car.

Room Tip: Far from the main attractions
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
SamuiVerticolor, Manager at Samui Verticolor, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear Value Guest

It is much regret we heard such disappointment during your stay during your accommodation at Samui Verticolor.

Your complaint will be our teacher for improvement for your future stay next time. We alway try to make our guests feel welcome and to provide a quality services at all times and we sincerely apologize for such trouble during your stay.

Your comments will be discussed in detail for future improvement and please accept our sincere apologizes for any inconveniences stayed and your comment will assure that you will notice a remarkable improvement in our performance on your returning visit

we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future time

Thanks You

Best Regards
Kanisorn Songtrakul

Reviewed May 19, 2013

If you are looking for a clean hotel with a great pool near shops and restaurants without spending a fortune then this is the perfect place.

Located at the southern end of Chaweng, across the road from the Centara Grand Beach Resort and up a well lit side street, the hotel provides a free shuttle to the beach where you can use the facilities of one of their sister beach front hotels or just a 5 minute walk to the public access area.

Loads of great cheap restaurants, shops, spa's and a well stocked 7 eleven just around the corner from the hotel. Easy walk to the Chaweng walking street market, Chaweng boxing stadium (muay thai fighting). 30min walk to the main busy part of town. Plenty of songthaews (truck like taxis) passing day and night if you don't fancy walking, flag one down and just shout when you want to get off, 100 baht to centre during day but agree a price before getting in late at night.

I stayed in a superior studio which was very clean and spacious, air con, tv, fridge, safe, hairdryer and a great shower, You have to pay for wifi in the bedrooms but it is free in the reception area and at the pool. There is only a lift in the main building but the staff helped me with my bag up the stairs to my room upon check in. Room was cleaned daily with fresh towels.

Great swimming pool with comfy sun beds, pool towels and pool bar for drinks and snacks.

I paid for the airport transfer, 400baht and was picked up in the hotel minibus which saved a lot of hassle.

The hotel also sell all the same sightseeing trips you can get from the tour agents on the main street, as I only wanted to visit a few places on the island, the hotel arranged their minibus for me for 4 hours, visited Big Buddha temple, viewpoint, Grandmother and Grandfather rock, Mummified monk and a waterfall.
They also helped me book a speedboat transfer over to Koh Phangan for the Full Moon Party, defo recommend booking a VIP transfer with Petcharet Marina, taxi pick up from hotel, rtn transfer to Full moon party (no queues or overcrowded speedboats) and return taxi back to hotel.

Overall I had a great stay here, hotel was clean and the location was perfect for me, staff were all very friendly and helpful, will definitely stay here again if I come back to Koh Samui.

Room Tip: Pay more for a room with a balcony overlooking the pool if you want a room with a view.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank di73
SamuiVerticolor, General Manager at Samui Verticolor, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

Dear Value guest,
Thank you for your sharing excellent comment regarding your stay at Samui vericolor.

Concerning your comment about our service, Your feedback is very important to us on implementing hotel service standard and we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.
Our staff work hard to ensure that all guests leave with positive impression of our hotel,I will pass on the positive comments to all department.
and hope to take care of you with the good internet access in the near future

Reviewed May 12, 2013

First we were booking that hotel for a stay for 3 days and we were planing to go to a hotel close to Silver beach. But we like it so much, that we changed our travel plan and we spend all 2 weeks on Koh Samui in Verticolor Hotel. The Manager was very helpful and friendly. First room we stayed was with mountain view, but close to a road, so at nighttime it was little bit noisy. Next morning we changed room, it was very quite room. We could also us the beach infront of Resotel Samui, the sister Hotel. Chaweng Beach is the best beach with fine sand and clear water. There are many restaurants and spas close around. We also took a cycle and checked some parts of Koh Samui, but we liked that part most, where we were staying. Before we went to Beach and after we come back it was nice to go for swimming into the pool. If we visit again to Koh Samui, we will stay again at Verticolor.

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear Sir/Madam

Thanks your very much for chosen our hotel Samui Verticolor as your destination for Vocation. We are very pleasure and enjoy to have you as one of ours value guest during your vocation.

With positive comment we are very pleasure that you are very happy with our hotel accommodation during your stay. With positive feedback I will share your comments with our team and staff. I am sure that this deed back will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as well as strive to continuously improve and maintain the quality of our services. Even we have such a positive feedback from you, we will never stop improvement our standard and services for your future stay and make your holiday perfect and a better day for your holiday vocation.

Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here after searching net, was cheaper end of what I looked at, once I found it( Samui can b a nightmare for addresses) I booked it via net, and rolled up next day, the reception was like new, and the room was incredible, I was in the newer looking section, and I couldn't fault it for anything, really modern, contemporary look to rooms, great facilities, good pool, nice staff, much more hotel than I expected for what I paid,and my only choice next time I'm in town, life is too short to risk choosing a dive(see my other review)

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear Value guest,

and hope to take care of you in the near future

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed at the Verticolor last month for 5 days and was very pleased with it. Pool is nice, rooms are fine and clean. Just great value.
Only black mark was that at one point I hung something on a hanger in the room and the hanger fell apart. I didnt think anything of it but then at check out they billed me for the hanger! Wasnt a lot of money but kind of irritating.
Overall I would highly recommend the hotel if you are looking for something in the "3 star" price range.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Sir

It is much regret we heard such disappointment during your stay about hanger

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed at the verticolor for ten nights on my journey through thailand. This was a wonderful modern hotel. Great big rooms and lovely waterfall shower! We enjoyed chilling by the pool with a strawberry daiquiri ! Staff at reception could be better but overall I would rate this hotel and I will stay again when we return to koh samui! Near the beach and loads of street vendors on walking street!

Room Tip: Go to mr tipsys bar on walking street for 60 bhat cocktails!!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Value guest,

We would like to thank you for having taken the time to fill in our guest comment form in tripadvisor and for your kind input. We also would like to thank you for having chosen Samui Verticolor for your recent vacation.
I also sincerely apologise that you felt your vacation with us was not the ultimate,
In your particular case, our services were obviously insufficient to ensure a pleasurable stay at our hotel.
Looking forward to welcome you back to Samui Verticolor again in the near future.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I had a great stay in verticolor. good price with great service, the location is perfect, easy to go anywhere by scooter. clean and big room, housekeeping clean your room everyday. look forward to visit again!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
SamuiVerticolor, General Manager at Samui Verticolor, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Dear Ms. Chu,Chiao-An

Thank you for your taking the time to provide and sharing excellent comment from your feed back regarding our hotel.We also would like to thank you for having shosen Samui Verticolor for your recent vacation. I am glad both you and your friend had enjoyable.
We always appreciate receiving guest comments so that we may review our performance and strive to maintain the highest standard of the service for our guest.
On Behalf of our entire teams, we look forward to welcome you back and your friend to Samui Verticolor agin in the near future with pleasure.

Yod

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chaweng
First Residence Hotel
Mercure Samui Chaweng Tana Hotel
Samui Bayview Resort & Spa
Samui Bayview Resort & Spa
#58 of 104 in Chaweng

Been to Samui Verticolor? Share your experiences!