“not very polite,bad breakfast”
Review of Samui Verticolor

Samui Verticolor
Ranked #68 of 104 Hotels in Chaweng
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We stayed at the Verticolor hotel the last week of august,the hotel is a ten minute walk from the center of Chaweng,this is good if you want to sleep because you do not hear the music of the bars and the traffic all night.You can take a taxi that are very cheap.The hotel is very simple,clean,the staff of the reception are not very polite, breakfast is not buffet,but you order it from a menu that they give to you and the quality of the food is very very poor.If you want they rent scooters,but the scooters are old and in bad condition.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank luci11_11

Reviewed August 18, 2012

Paid 17GBP/night through a flash sale on Agoda.com - absolute bargain !

Nice big pool, complimentary gym use (free weights and aerobic machines) - room cleaned daily and left spotless - and good TV channels (if you plan to watch some tele!)...

Huge bed almost as wide as it is long - with crisp high thread count linen - it's all about the thread count people !

My only gripe - no bell boys to carry my bag to the room - and I didn't have the heart to make the sub 5 foot tall sweet heart on check in lift my bag for me. If I was being a tad fussy, the lady on reception could've smiled a bit more too- but then she never seemed to have a break bless her in the 7nts I was there - and to be fair, check in was very polite and professional.

Tip from the wise - book your airport transfer taxi from the shop on the main rd by entrance to hotel - it'll save you 100THB !

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank PatDanz
Reviewed August 17, 2012

What a nice place.....great room, very comfortable bed and luxurious bedding, love the led bedside lamps, fantastic rain shower. Hot and cold water in shower and wash basin.
A couple of things that prevent me from giving the hotel an 'Excellent' mark - breakfast buffet very poor and lacking even the basic imagination for this type of hotel. Also slight design error in the rooms - lovely buit in sofa in the corner of the window but as the TV is wall mounted on a bracket that does not swivel you can not watch the TV from the sofa, also staff were polite but did not go out of their way to be friendly.
Would I stay ther again? Absolutely yes.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Chris T
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I stayed here with my friend (both 18) and we checked out this morning. Had an amazing stay. Paying only about £15 per room per night we were very impressed with the hotel. Everything you could want -huge comfy beds, amazing rain shower (we're both tall and this has been the first shower in Thailand we've both been able to fit under properly!), flat screen tv, sofa in the window area and it was very clean. The pool area was lovely, very modern, music round the pool, a bar area and the pool itself was an infinity pool. Breakfast was like any other Thai one -eggs, fruit, toast, cereal. Basic but worth having. Location far from party area apparently a 15/20minute walk but only about a 5 minute walk or less to the beach. Just off the main chaweng road you feel like you can get away from all the hustle and bustle whilst only being a 2 minute walk away. Only negative I have would be the price of a late check out, although not expensive it was relative to how much we paid for our room- only £2 less than how much we'd paid per night. Would thoroughly recommend this hotel and would jump at the chance to go there again. Had no problem with noise but this may have been where our room was situated. Staff very friendly and helpful and can provide taxis to various parts of the island.
Also had an amazing meal at zicos just two minutes from the hotel and 'the page' beach bar which has buy one get one free between 5-7pm - amazing setting on the beach on big bean bags!

Overall would definitely recommend and revisit myself

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed June 2, 2012 via mobile

I don't know what other reviewers are on about when they complain about Verticolor- as the place was fantastic.
Myself, my husband and our 14month old stayed at no less than 10resorts in our 1month holiday in Thailand and this was by far our Favourite.
The hotel is only months old- spotlessly clean. Fantastic amenities.the bed was the comfiest we had slept in/pillows so nice- room was spotless and great size. Fantastic working Internet. Cable tv. The pool was divine! Great for sunbathing! Music playing/kids pool/clean lounges and table. Toilets right near pool! Everything was brand new/modern and clean! Staff English wasn't that great, but they were friendly and helpful when needed!
The location is great- right in the hotspot chaweng but u drive down a little street that opens upti this massive carpal/entrance to hotel! So clean and gardens etc are well maintained! Some reviewer whined about having to walk over a stinky bridge- all of Thailand stinks when u walk down the street!!! But the bridge is not even bad! It's a 3 minute walk to shops/restaurants etc!
Breakfast was great. Just ur normal fruit/eggs/coffee- but still nice! We only paid 30$ au inc breakfast- and booked for 3 nights but ended up staying 6.!
We has stayed at other places for the same price on samui that were dreadful! This place is fantastic! I will stay at Verticolor every time I go to samui!
Room service great price and sogood!!!!

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed May 31, 2012

New hotel with excellent experience with my trip in koh samui.Kindly staff and friendly! Good help all my period. New and clean room! i will come back to stay here again next my trip! Thank you for all staff^^

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Stayed in two different occasions. The place is really good. Nice and big rooms. Clean and modern. The pool is big and always clean. I do agree with some of the reviews about the noise levels. Some of the other guests were quite rude and you could hear them screaming and running down the corridors. However, that didn't bother me too much. The internet is not free, something that many hotels do and I find really annoying. The receptionists either didn't understand English very well or just didn't care. When a request was made, it took several attempts and some nasty looks to get things done. They were really not helpful. I almost missed my flight because they messed up my taxi reservation (by that I mean, they never really booked it, although I was assured it was all set). So at the last minute, I ended up scrambling around and solving the taxi issue on my own. I think the actual hotel is really good, if they invest in a couple of customer service oriented employees that can speak at least a reasonable amount of English they'll be around for a long time.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chaweng
First Residence Hotel
Mercure Samui Chaweng Tana Hotel
Samui Bayview Resort & Spa
Samui Bayview Resort & Spa
#57 of 104 in Chaweng

Been to Samui Verticolor? Share your experiences!