Moby Dick Guesthouse
$115
  • Beachfront
$397
LuxuryCollection
Nora Buri Resort & Spa(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$153
$128
Agoda.com
Dara Samui Beach Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$111
$70
  • Pool
OZO Chaweng Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$127
OZOHotels.com
Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$196
$153
  • Pool
Chaweng Regent Beach Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$176
$111
Agoda.com
Amari Koh Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$135
$115
Amari.com
KC Resort & Over Water Villas(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$298
$68
Poppies Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$142
All reviewsowners were friendlytriple roomwalking distancefridgebackpackers
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

It's cheap and you get what you pay for. Staff was friendly enough when we asked to change to an air con room. Though the room we got changed to balcony door wouldn't shut which did make us (as 2 girls) feel rather unsafe. saying this we reported it to the night staff and it was fixed the next day.
Room was clean and that's all we wanted from a 3 night stay.
Yes it is loud both from the club next door and the airport traffic but this is not the hotels fault. And to be honest we were so tired when we got in we fell right asleep.
I would recommend this to backpackers on a budget who will be out partying until late. Anyone else this isn't for you.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Very good food and helpful staff would do anything that was needed sun cream money changed trips booked all in all best irish pub in the world including ireland And great food staff the best of fun Conor Peter Jason Larry peter

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Wow - I consider myself young and I listen to loud music but this is something else! In all honesty we booked this to be close the airport for an early transfer the next day - this isnt what Moby Dick was built for! If you are looking for a central hotel were you can party all night and sleep all day you would struggle to find somewhere better value with such clean rooms and friendly staff - however if you are looking to sleep at night then avoid at all costs. It doenst seem to bad when you arrive but when midnight passes the music just gets louder and louder. This isnt Moby Dicks music - this is the surrounding bars, an issue I am sure the hotel struggles to manage. Sorry guys - but this isnt a hotel its a daytime crash pad.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Having a substantial amount of US dollars stolen from my room was far from ideal; the perpetrator being a member of staff from this place.
I had to compromise on price, thus overlooking the repugnant bar girls they have to offer, coupled with a club next door playing music until 6am.
Had a great little disco in and around Chaweng, but I wouldn't stay in this gaff again. Full of thieving little Thais!

• Stayed: December 2012
tuulakohsamui, Owner at Moby Dick Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

I am sad to read this review about our guesthouse. Managment was not contacted by you about this matter money gone missing from your room. I would have liked to look into this matter personally to try to find out who had entered your room. We have free safetyboxes and lockers for customers to put their valuables. My staff are not "little thiefing thais". Most of our staff have been working with us many years. And yes, it is noisy around the guesthouse because we are located in the centre of the busiest night time entertainment area in Koh Samui. I hope you had nicer time for the rest of your holidays in Thailand.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

For young travellers who want a great located hotel and a good standard of rooms, this is where you need to stay! As a traveller, I have paid for and stayed in some pretty awful places. It's place made me feel as if I was on holiday. A table and chairs in our room was brilliant along with a fridge and storage area for our clothes. The bathroom was fine, trust me I've been in a lot worse. Shower was good pressure and enough room to wash. Bed was a little soft but ive travelled all over Vietnam in a sleeper bus so an form of bed is bliss for me! All nice and clean, no problems with the room, maybe a full length mirror could be good? But not a problem at all :)
Granted, you wouldn't want to stay here unless you like to party, I stayed here over New Years and it was excellent. Right next to all the clubs so we could roll in and out when ever we wanted.
The music is loud yes, but nothing headphones or another drink can't help!
The owners were also lovely :) helpful and cheery. The thai people who worked there were also lovely and smiley which does make a difference!
Great place for party go'ers or just generally fun people!

Room Tip: Book in advance!! That's what saved us.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
tuulakohsamui, Owner at Moby Dick Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Thank you ever so much for such a nice review. It makes me happy that some people take their time to write nice things about our guesthouse. We are located in the noisy night time entertainment area and we can't change that. But this is the right place if you want to party!! Thank you very much!! I wish you all the best where ever you are now!! Tuula Fitzpatrick and my staff