“A place for a special occasion”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Tree Tops

Tree Tops
Ranked #11 of 182 Restaurants in Chaweng
Cuisines: European, International, Contemporary, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff
Description: This unique restaurant is the most romantic dining option within the island where guests can enjoy the most luxurious setting amongst the tree tops which is perfect for an occasion to demonstrate one's love for each other. Guests can enjoy a menu inspired by Executive Chef, Azizskandar Awang that encompasses carefully selected high quality fresh products brought together on your plate with all the years of his experience. The menu is complemented with our extensive wine list which will be carefully explained by our in house Wine Guru.
Shepparton, Australia
“A place for a special occasion”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

If you are in Sumui and want to have a special night out this is the place to go however I believe bookings are essential. The setting amongst the tree tops is fantastic and the food and service levels are first class. This is not a cheap place to eat but is well worth it if you appreciate good food, good service and unique views.

Visited July 2014
GeneralManagerALS, General Manager at Tree Tops, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Robert H,

Thank you for dining with us and sharing your feedback here on TripAdvisor. We are looking forward welcoming you back to Tree Tops.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bangkok, Thailand
“Super excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

There were 8 huts in the restaurant to see the view. And we got the 7th one which was a nice view already. Actually had no idea how the restaurant was. But when I went there, I saw the great service! My mistake was I chose the set menu without carefully reading that there was a beef in the set which I didn't eat. I knew that it was my mistake that's why I didn't ask them to change at first. But after the staff walked into the hut to see if everything was alright. Then I just apologized that I couldn't eat beef. They changed my dish to the pork straight away which I didn't expect them to do as it was my fault. Excellent service like this caught my heart! I was really appreciate that and I would love to say Thank you to Khun Ya and all the nice staffs there.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank SomChalisa
Dear SomChalisa,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am glad that we could find a good solution for you so that you could enjoy a full dinner with us.

New South Wales, Australia
“Amazing ! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is amazing ! The best service ! Great views !

We had a lovely dinner here for our anniversary. The food was great , staff were great and just over all experience :)

Dear casefergs,

Thank you for your positive feedback, which is very appreciated.

Newtownabbey, N. Ireland
“Our favourite meal on the island”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

The Anantara Lawana hotel was in our top three choices for our stay in Koh Samui. Although we ended up staying elsewhere we were still keen to try the Tree Tops restaurant and also get a quick look round the hotel.

We decided to go on my birthday and emailed the restaurant about a week beforehand asking if they could also recommend a good table. We were offered a high table during their 9pm sitting or a lower table at the 6pm sitting. We opted for the higher table and when we arrived we were sat at table 8. It was dark when we were seated and at that moment I did kind of wish I'd gone for an earlier setting but the canopy was still amazing to sit in and very private.

Service from staff was excellent. Professional whilst still being friendly. We only ordered a main course, but were also served a complimentary shot, complimentary fish dish and also some beautiful homemade breads.

The introduction of our individual knives was something a bit different and charming. When our mains arrived I thought it was amongst the best looking and tasting dishes I'd ever had. We first thought the salt selection being offered to us was fun, albeit a bit gimmicky and unnecessary, however, when we sampled our dinner with the salts offered to us they really did improve and compliment the dishes even more.

At the end of the evening we were set to leave with our bill when the restaurant manager surprised us with a birthday cake. It was a lovely gesture, and very tasty as well.

I couldn't fault the Tree Tops at all. I wish it was more local to me as I'd definately go back.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank on_a_stick
Dear on_a_stick,

We will oversee that you have obviously not made our favorite choice when it came to accommodation, but at least you recovered for the dinner option. :-)

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed it and appreciated the little extras and specials coming with the meal.

Adelaide, Australia
“Fantastic atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

Our group of 10 had at first a muddle up with the table setting but after that was settled our fabulous night began. First arrived whiskey sours in a test tube complimentary and every thing after that was sublime. We had to choose a salt to be used on each course and then our knives, both were explained by a gorgeous Thai with all the knowledge, very impressed. A restaurant not to be missed atmosphere is a ++

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Belinda35_11
Dear Belinda35_11,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and others here on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your compliments and apologize for the initial challenges with the table setup.