“One of our best meals!”

Tree Tops Sky Dining & Bar
Ranked #9 of 198 Restaurants in Chaweng
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary, International
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: This unique restaurant is the most romantic dining option within the island where guests can enjoy the most luxurious setting amongst the tree tops which is perfect for an occasion to demonstrate one's love for each other. Guests can enjoy a menu inspired by Executive Chef, Azizskandar Awang that encompasses carefully selected high quality fresh products brought together on your plate with all the years of his experience. The menu is complemented with our extensive wine list which will be carefully explained by our in house Wine Guru.
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Great setting, each table is in its own personal setting among the tree top. We opted for the earlier seating so we could watch the sun go down. Food was amazing! The poached snowfish with coconut broth was amazing, and presented spectacularly. The cocktails were also mindblowing! Pretty expensive for Thailand, but then again terrific food, great setting, and very friendly service! Good experience, will definitely go back next time we are in Koh Samui! How often do you get to dine in between tree branches?

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
GeneralManagerALS, General Manager at Tree Tops Sky Dining & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Dear Thierney-S,

Thank you for the positive feedback and compliments… to answer your question how often you are able to dine between tree branches: As often as you like! Just ensure you book early enough in advance 

Looking forward welcoming you back.

Lars Kerfin

Write a ReviewReviews (1,623)

Reviewed February 25, 2014

to be fair on arrival my wife and I thought the layout of the restaurant was amazing ...the food which I ordered was nice , but , and this was my fault , far too rare , when I ordered medium / rare , petty but anyway .... thought the salt thing was a novelty and nothing more , and the choice of knives pretty pointless , any decent restaurant should give you what you need anyway .. overall a nice experience but def need a high situated table to make the most of the views ..

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Dear asquait,

Thank you for dining with us. The salt and knife selection is certainly something which is highly appreciated by many of our guests so we are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy it in a similar way.

Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

Had the pleasure of dining here for my birthday whilst on my honeymoon. The level of service is beyond compare and the food is simply amazing.I have had the best dining experience ever and would highly recommend anyone in Koh Samui to at least try this restaurant once. you will not be disappointed.
A big thank you to Pla who was an amazing host and made us feel very special on the most memorable day of our honeymoon.

1  Thank ScottHilton1

Dear ScottHilton1,

Thank you for dining with us and sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor. Being considered as your best meal is certainly very rewarding for the entire team and we will pass on your comments.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

We orderd two main course one dessert and a simple bottle of wine and the bill was 150 dollar
My husband orderd duck and stayed hungry
My main course was good-see food!
We are still in the restorant enjoying the atmosphere

Dear hannahIsrael,

Considering that the cheapest bottle of wine is priced about USD 60 because of the high important taxes on wine (up to 480%) and the many things we are giving out complimentary during your dinner (as mentioned by previous reviewers too) I hope that many would still consider it good value for money.

Nevertheless, we appreciate your feedback and comments and hope being able welcoming you back one day.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

We were staying at The Akaryn and on our last evening and on the spur of the moment I wondered if there was another restaurant nearby where we might spend our last meal. I found Tree Tops in a local magazine and called to see if they had a table and was told 'only the garden level' so, taking this as a euphemism as 'not a great table' I declined. After discussing with my partner we decided that we would try it as it looked good anyway. So I called them back and was told they had a table at mid level so was pleased as this sounded better.

We decided to arrive early(8pm) and have a drink at the bar first.The hotel entrance was magical; things were looking good! I told the hotel reception that we had a reservation at 9pm to eat at Tree Tops and would like to have a drink at the bar and the very nice young man decided to call the restaurant first and we were told they didn't have a table until 9 (I was thinking 'I know, that wasn't the question'). He then pointed us in the direction of the bar which we found. Very nice; views of the sea. No one came to say 'your table is ready' so we made our way to the restaurant at about 9.15. On arrival we were shown to the lowest table ( 'garden' level' but actually raised just above the internal road and looking into hotel rooms) and I said we had been told mid level. The waitress said they didn't have one. So we took it, whereupon the manageress arrived and harangued us in an agressivive way and said she would just like to point out that they had not had a mid level table available since the day before so they couldn't have said mid level. Well, as I knew nothing of the restaurant and had not heard of mid level until it was mentioned on the phoneso how would I have even known they had a mid level. I let it pass.

The service staff were were prompt and friendly. The food unmemorable really. The scallop was ok. My lamb, ordered medium, was overcooked, slightly grey and grainy. My brother's, ordered rare, would have been perfect for me as it was medium. I ordered a red wine to go with the main course and they brought the white from the same vineyard, even though I'd pointed it out on the list. The salt presentation would have been ok if I'd been at a cooking school but none of us could look at each other when it was being explained as it just seemed so inappropriate. Then they came with the knife selection where a number of knives were presented and descibed as which was best to go with each dish. Do these people think we've never used them before? If it is so important to them, just give me the appropriate knife for my main course. By this time we could hardly look at each other otherwise we would just have just broken up. So patronising!

We didn't want to stay any longer so didn't have dessert.

How could this have been improved? As there were three staff at reception doing nothing when we arrived it would have been nice to have been escorted to the bar. Similarly, it would have been nice to have been told 'your table is ready' or even sent a buggy. If the manageress thought we had made a mistake with the table,which we didn't, there was no reason to harangue a guest and should be better trained in overcoming these situations. The food could be a lot better. It's these small things that make ordinary experiences exceptional and sets apart real 5 star hotels/restaurants from merely 5 star wannabe's.
We are lucky enough to live near one of the very best restaurants in the UK (No 1 this year) and the cost of dinner was about equal to the bills I pay there but the difference is I remember every mouthful there for the best of reasons; exceptional service, fabulous food, great ambiance. But, unfortunately,on this occation I remember it for all the wrong ones.

GeneralManagerALS, General Manager at Tree Tops Sky Dining & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Dear baliboyLondon,

Thank you for coming over and dining with us.

I am sorry to hear that you have been disappointed with your experience and agree that in some areas you made rather unusual experiences with us, especially considering previous guests comments.

We usually always offer our guests to bring them with a buggy to our pool bar as it can be read in other reviews and I apologize if this offer was missed in your case. This includes as well that we pick our guests up again as soon as the table is ready, therefore the only reason I can imagine why you haven’t been called by then is that the table was still being cleared and re-setup when you decided to leave the bar already in order to check for your table.

The feedback we receive about the service team, including the manager is extremely positive and it’s the first time I hear about them acting aggressive. The opposite is usually the case that they are being complimented for being very soft approaching and polite. We apologize (again) if there was a misunderstanding with your booking. Our records are showing you as a “walk in” without prior reservation, which indicates to me that we haven’t received a final confirmation from you. Beside this I would like to comment that the “internal road” you mention is a walkway, used from time to time by buggies to escort our guests to/from the bar/beach, and the view “into hotel rooms” is actually across this said walkway over the gardens to the outside of some rooms. I would like to refer as well to previous reviews which actually commented positive on the view and that some have been actually positive surprised by it.

Our salt presentation as well as our choice of knives has been frequently commented about on TripAdvisor therefore I am confused that you experienced them as “inappropriate and patronizing”. In fact we had the pleasure of a celebrity Michelin Star Chef dining with us in the very same week you dined with us and his comments about the same presentation where actually in the very opposite. He did enjoy the salt presentation as well as the knife selection. His comments about the food were very complimenting. Nevertheless, I apologize if the lamb wasn’t cooked to your liking, but would have been replaced immediately if being mentioned (before eating it completely), same as we did for the wine which has been mixed up.

As you have been so kind comparing us to the Nr 1 Restaurant in the UK in terms of pricing (Le Manoir Aux Quat Saison in Great Milton according to TripAdvisor) I have taken the liberty looking up their menu. Fortunately they are featuring as well a Scallop appetizer very similar to ours on their starter menu. Not being surprised I am happy to inform you that our THB 665 dish is still far away from the THB 2,225 they are charging.

I agree based on your comments that we are not the restaurant of your choice and hope that your future dinner experiences will be more to your liking, where you won’t be bothered with different salts and knifes.