“Excellent”
Review of Spirit House Restaurant - CLOSED

Spirit House Restaurant
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Spirit House Village is presently closed for renovations and will re-open in July. We apologise for any inconvenience to customers.
Reviewed August 1, 2014

We will be back lovely all round do recommend great service great food nice wine nice place cheers Darren & Tracey

Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is situated in Chaweng center, but it's deeply surrounded by a beautiful Thai garden. The food is a delicious fusion between traditional Thai cuisine and new flavours: the result is excellent!

Reviewed July 30, 2014

We visited Spirit House on the recommendation of family, who had visited it on the recommendation of TripAdvisor. The venue itself is delightful. You wouldn't know you were metres away from the noise, colour and confusion of Chaweng Beach Road. This is a big restaurant but we were seated in a little "Tower" that only had around 6 tables.

We shared an appetiser that was seaweed wrapped. It was tasty though hard to bite through making it a little hard to eat delicately. We then shared a pretty traditional chicken with basil and kaffir lime leaves that was very tasty, and a whole boned fish with a tamarind based sauce. These were delicious. We finished the evening sharing a Sticky Rice with Mango. It was nice - nothing to make it rise above others, but perfectly good. The service was attentive and pleasant. If we'd stayed in Samui for more than a few days, there's a good chance we'd have been back.

It would have been nice to have had more wine options by the glass, rather than just one.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

We gave this place a go based on good reviews and my liking of royal Thai cuisine. It was one of the best meals I have eaten in Thailand.

The spirit village itself is beautiful, very ornate and well done. It feels a world away from the bustle of Chaweng. We visited at night, and it is nicely lit up giving a great ambiance. On arrival I was extremely impressed and it gave the impression that this is a special location. On the point of location, we came by taxi- im not sure it would be easy to find otherwise.

service to be honest was a bit surley, and maybe the only criticism of the place. Im not sure if this is the norm of whether our server was having a bad day. Not that service was bad it just wasn't great, especially in comparison to other places in samui we visited.

The food is exquisite, really great Thai food. Perhaps the best royal cuisine i have eaten, or at the very least among the best. My crispy fried fish salad was fantastic, perfect in terms of flavour and heat (I like it spicy!). My main of Hom Mok was out of this world. It is my favourite royal dish, and the yard stick for judging a place (at least for me). Similar to the way I judge and indian restaurant by biryani. My Hom Mok came baked inside a coconut and had a real wow factor. It was the most tasty version of it I have ever had. I had the same dish in two other (far more expensive places) during this trip and the one here won hands down. Top marks to the chef.

My wife had a beef salad followed by choo chee prawn and also loved it. I had a taste of her choo chee and have to say it was also exquisite. Its another of my favourites and I thought it was a very good example.

I would recommend here to anyone who loves good royal cuisine.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

The staff were beautiful and polite and not overly attentive. The food was perfect. I mean perfect.
The only bad part is trying to find the place.
We had been there before and luckily we knew where it was.
The lady who served us actually remembered us from last time we visited.
Romm and Rhi