“Best Italian restaurant on Koh Samui”
Review of Duomo

Duomo
Ranked #3 of 204 Restaurants in Chaweng
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Reviewed May 8, 2014

My wife & I have visited Koh Samui four times love the local food but often like to have a European meal to break the Thai theme . Having eaten at the Cliff , Dr Frogs to name but a few we we're recommended Duomo in Chewang And what a recommendation it turned out to be , We were given a very warm welcome from all the staff the manager spent time talking to us without disturbing our meal , We had cappachio of Australian beef on a rocket salad which just melted in your mouth , my wife had Ravioli I had Lasagne which were both superb . This restaurant Is tucked away & if you ask taxi drivers they tend to want to take you to the run of the meal Italian restaurants where they get a commission so best to ask for the Rip curl shop on Chewang beach and walk towards McDonald's you will find Duomo in a side street on the left hand side . We cannot find any faults in Duomo .

Write a ReviewReviews (1,910)

Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

We met the manager of this place whilst sitting on the beach one afternoon had a great chat and he was a really lovely and genuine guy. We decided to go and visit Duomo later that evening and were so impressed the pizzas were gorgeous and the service was brilliant.
Highly recommend when you family a bit of italian.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

We just ate at the restaurant and gotta say that the meal was superb. I tested pasta with ham, tomatoes and cream and my GF ate chicken salad. Both were amazing.
Prices are reasonable and if you get there early, there's no need to wait in line.
We will definitely be there tomorrow again :)
Also the owner is nice and courteous and is very much interested that every customer is happy.

2  Thank Jari S
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Not too far down a side street off the main Chaweng Beach Road you'll find the very modest Duomo Ristorante Italiano. The reputation for this place has certainly proceeded them as the place is busy with couples and families choosing an authentic Italian dining experience.

Like all good Italian restaurants we were provided grissini sticks, olive paste with balsamic vinegar and olive oil to consume while pondering the menu of pizzas, pastas and main dishes.

I chose the most popular pizza on the menu which was Parma ham and rocket which with a dash of olive oil, Tabasco sauce and crack pepper was easy to understand it's popularity.

My partner chose the steak fillet which he said was amazing.

The staff provided great customer service and they worked hard being attentive to the needs of patrons.

We weren't hungry enough to indulge in dessert but I'd definitely return before leaving Samui. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Simie-Boy
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

We took friends back here last night after visiting almost 2 years ago and being blown away by the quality of food. I'm pleased to say that last night was no let down either.
Good food, good beer and great staff that were very accommodating for our 1 year old as well.
Our friends are Irish and they also said how good the soda bread was.

Down side, no aircon just fans in the bar but with an open front bar what would be the point in the aircon? Aircon is in the toilets though.

Thanks, great visit again can recommend the gammon and the burgers.

Been to Duomo? Share your experiences!