“One of Chawengs best”
Review of Duomo

Duomo
Ranked #2 of 183 Restaurants in Chaweng
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Manchester UK
“One of Chawengs best”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We ate at Duomo twice during our stay in Chaweng. Both times the food and service were fantastic. The staff were very welcoming and attentive, we found the pizza's and salads delicious, and the house wine good value. There are many places to eat in Chaweng some good and some not so good but Duomo is up there with the best and definitely deserves it's TA rating.

• Visited February 2013
giovannizangari, Owner at Duomo, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Dear Redanwhitearmy
I'm very glad to read yor feedback,considering Duomo one the best restaurant in chaweng beach.
Thank you very much for to visit us and spend the time for sharing your opinion in T.A

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Beijing, China
“Good little Italian. Stick to Pizza and Pasta”
Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I came twice. It's a cute place - very similar in look and feel to many places in Italy. The staff are fantastic and try very hard to get things correct. The second time we ordered pizzas and they were fantastic- original ingredients and cooked Italian home style - thin crust and yummy. The first time was a disappointment - we ordered the veal "Milanese" - essentially Shnitzel and we came up with a new rule - "never order a German dish in an Italian Restaurant!" The veal was over cooked - so chewy and dry we could barely stomach it - think a piece of shoe leather with some breadcrumbs and you have a good picture! My wife had two bites and left it and I had three - and I can eat almost anything but not this. Luckily we had filled up on very good starters and stopped at Haagen Daze for dessert. Great for our diet and looking good at the beach!

My wife thought the house wine was very flat so avoid.

Several people ordered calamari and/or frito misto which they seemed to enjoy - the portions looked very generous.

I recommend sticking to the pizzas and pastas and perhaps the seafood if our veal is an indication of how they treat the "carne!" Certainly worth visiting if in Koh Samui and you need a bite of something Italian and traditional.

giovannizangari, Owner at Duomo, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Rt
I'm glad to hear that you came for a dinner two time in my restaurant,sorry about your veal Milanese,we use to serve this dish very thin and crispy.
I'm happy that my staff were great ,and the pizza very nice,thank you for your feedback and hope to see you again.
Kind regards

London, United Kingdom
“An average Italian”
Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

I do not think that this restaurant rates it's current position on the Chaweng TA ratings.

I should add that the night that we went into this restaurant their air con wasn't working and it was hotter inside the restaurant than it was outside in the balmy Chaweng air.

Because of the pizza oven it was almost unbearable and there is no doubt that this has tainted my view of Duomo somewhat, but putting this aside I will just concentrate on the food!

My starter of bruschetta was quite nice. I didn't look as you would expect a bruschetta to look, in that it came on small slices of french stick topped with some wilted oregano but it tasted better than it looked and was actually very tasty.

My wife had a pesto version which was absolutely saturated with green pesto that had to be scraped off before it could be eaten.

I went simple for my main and had a Calzone, which was well cooked and had all the right fillings.

My wife had Salmon Penne which she thought was average. We didn't have a desert as it was sweltering and we needed to get out by then.

All in all if you had our meal in a Prezzo's or an Ask in the UK you would probably be mildly disappointed, but for Chaweng I suppose it was ok, if not a little steep at 1600 THB for the meal as described plus two glasses of wine.

In summary it wouldn't be somewhere that I would look to eat at again, although not terrible it had few redeeming features.

BJ

giovannizangari, Owner at Duomo, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Dear BJ
I'm sorry to hear that your experience in Duomo was not so great,we have 3 air con.inside the restaurant maybe one of them was off,was enough a question to my waitress " why is hot inside" to fix this small problem.Im happy anyway to hear that the bruschetta was very tasty and the calzone well done.i check your bill " Conto"was not 1600 bath but 1300 bath
2 glass red wine 360
Tot. 1300 bath.

Vincenzo Zangari.
“Perfect dinner”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Great Italian place. I had the tuna steak and my boyfriend the pebersteak. Both very very good - and great house red whine. We had dessert as well, and is also worth a try. Service was great. No complains at all. We'll be back!

• Visited February 2013
giovannizangari, Owner at Duomo, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Patrick
I'm very happy that you are enjoy in my restaurant,thank you for a execcelent review.

“Lovely Food”
Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

Having eaten at one of the worst restaurants in chewang the night before, this small Italian restaurant was just what we wanted. Good service, tasty meals and nice wine. The complimentary bread and dips were greatly appreciated and were really yummy.

giovannizangari, Owner at Duomo, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Lindsay
Thank you for your feedback,I hope to see you again in Duomo.
Kind regards