“An average Italian”
Review of Duomo

Duomo
Ranked #3 of 206 Restaurants in Chaweng
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I do not think that this restaurant rates it's current position on the Chaweng TA ratings.

I should add that the night that we went into this restaurant their air con wasn't working and it was hotter inside the restaurant than it was outside in the balmy Chaweng air.

Because of the pizza oven it was almost unbearable and there is no doubt that this has tainted my view of Duomo somewhat, but putting this aside I will just concentrate on the food!

My starter of bruschetta was quite nice. I didn't look as you would expect a bruschetta to look, in that it came on small slices of french stick topped with some wilted oregano but it tasted better than it looked and was actually very tasty.

My wife had a pesto version which was absolutely saturated with green pesto that had to be scraped off before it could be eaten.

I went simple for my main and had a Calzone, which was well cooked and had all the right fillings.

My wife had Salmon Penne which she thought was average. We didn't have a desert as it was sweltering and we needed to get out by then.

All in all if you had our meal in a Prezzo's or an Ask in the UK you would probably be mildly disappointed, but for Chaweng I suppose it was ok, if not a little steep at 1600 THB for the meal as described plus two glasses of wine.

In summary it wouldn't be somewhere that I would look to eat at again, although not terrible it had few redeeming features.

BJ

giovannizangari, Owner at Duomo, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2013

Dear BJ
I'm sorry to hear that your experience in Duomo was not so great,we have 3 air con.inside the restaurant maybe one of them was off,was enough a question to my waitress " why is hot inside" to fix this small problem.Im happy anyway to hear that the bruschetta was very tasty and the calzone well done.i check your bill " Conto"was not 1600 bath but 1300 bath
2 glass red wine 360
1 water. 40
2 bruschetta. 280
1 calzone. 320
1 penne salmon 300.
Tot. 1300 bath.
Best regards

Vincenzo Zangari.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,934)

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Great Italian place. I had the tuna steak and my boyfriend the pebersteak. Both very very good - and great house red whine. We had dessert as well, and is also worth a try. Service was great. No complains at all. We'll be back!

giovannizangari, Owner at Duomo, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Dear Patrick
I'm very happy that you are enjoy in my restaurant,thank you for a execcelent review.
Best regards

Vincenzo Zangari

Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

Having eaten at one of the worst restaurants in chewang the night before, this small Italian restaurant was just what we wanted. Good service, tasty meals and nice wine. The complimentary bread and dips were greatly appreciated and were really yummy.

Dear Lindsay
Thank you for your feedback,I hope to see you again in Duomo.
Kind regards

Vincenzo Zangari.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Fantastic restaurant with delicious Italian food. It's in the middle of Chaweng but it's on a side street which makes it quieter. Great food and service with a smile.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

This restaurant is worth taking time for a review. We were in Thailand for 2 weeks and because we had enough of Thai food, we decided to go eat pizza to this restaurant. What a experience! The food was really good, tasty and the service was great! But the bestcame at the end. We were advised to try out the tiramisu and ordered two by accident at first. When waitress brought it to the table, we said that we irdered only one, she was about to take it back, when I took a first bite-we immediately took the second one as well!! After this experience, we would go back to the Samui mostly because of this restaurant :)

Been to Duomo? Share your experiences!