All reviews chaweng lake lovely rooftop pool large fridge drying rack separate shower min walk to the beach wifi connection thai boxing would stay again koh samui balcony
Reviewed December 4, 2017 via mobile

Hotel on arrival looked lovely and clean. Staff on reception was very friendly and helpful. We arrived earlier than the specified check in time and was able to check into our rooms early. This was appreciated as it was very rainy outside

Stayed: December 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 29, 2017

We stayed in the Avenue hotel for three nights as part of an organised tour. The lobby is quite nice and we were offered pineapple juice upon arrival, which was appreciated. The rooms are spacious and clean and have good amenities, including free wifi, free bottled water and a mini fridge to keep them cool, and air conditioning.

The bathroom was also one of the best that we had during the tour: modern looking with a big shower cubicle. However we were only provided with one towel each and no hand towel, which is not a major problem but a slight downside.

It is a fairly short walk to the beach (around 10 mins) and there are great restaurants and bars nearby. The hotel also has a rooftop pool, which is great if you want a quick dip to cool down without going to the beach.

The staff were pleasant and look after local cats, which is nice. The breakfast didn't include a huge selection but we were content with fruit and cereal, and hot and cold drinks are available. Also, we left very early on our day of departure so breakfast hadn't yet opened; the staff kindly provided us with a packed breakfast of water, juice, a ham and cheese sandwich and a banana.

Overall we definitely enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Would recommend to anyone looking for a clean, decent hotel in Ko Samui for a bargain price.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ellie B
Reviewed September 4, 2017

Excellent hotel. Short walk to the beach and the restaurants, which are all easy to get to. Nice and quiet in the evenings as it is not on top of all the nightlife.
The staff were all helpful and friendly. Rooms were big, comfortable beds, lovely and clean.
The breakfast was good, lots of choice and again very friendly staff.
The hotel is good value for money, especially compared to others that are nearby. Booked in very last minute and the hotel had already arranged everything for us, with about 10 minutes notice. We'd been travelling and staying in lots of different hotels and this was one of the best. Would recommend!

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 27, 2017 via mobile

Some positives and some negatives with this hotel.

Positives:
- good location
- nice rooms and amazing bathrooms
- some nice staff
- good laundry service
- lovely rooftop pool

Negatives
- some bugs in the lobby
- breakfast is appalling with very limited choice and food which wasn't warm
- some really rude staff
- forgot to give us new towels one day which could have been a mistake but then they were reluctant to give us fresh ones once we pointed this out and ended up giving us beach towels

Overall, it wasn't awful but could improve.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Willg35
Reviewed August 23, 2017 via mobile

This hotel is decent for its price but I would not stay here again based on my own priorities of a hotel.

The pros: great rooftop pool, decent room design, the rooms were available for an early check in, and the air conditioning in the room worked amazingly well.

The cons: breakfast is limited and only available after 7:30am (eggs after 8) which makes it impossible to have breakfast and do a morning tour. The breakfast space and lobby has no air conditioning so it's unpleasant to be anywhere but the pool or my room. The rooms were generally clean initially but then the room was never cleaned again except to make the bed and replace toilet paper. I had to ask for additional shower gel and towels (and only shower towels are available--no hand towels or wash cloths). I was never sure if bottled water was only free the first day but in any case it was never replaced. My bedding was a little gritty which really irked me.

In the middle: the wifi worked well when I was logged on but you have to re log on when your phone screen locks. I wouldn't say the staff was friendly but unlike other reviewers I had no personal problem with them. The location is a short walk from the beach.

My own view is that for not much more you could stay somewhere really nice and have a much better experience. I would have done that but for being part of a group tour that stayed here.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends