The FX is offering two types of room - the Superior and the Deluxe. There arent much different between this two.
The Superior is slightly smaller then the Deluxe. According to their website, the Superior (24sqm) is 3sqm smaller then the Deluxe (27sqm). Nothing too much to compare other than size of these rooms. Personally, I would not advise you guys to choose the Deluxe room even though it is just RM30/per night extra than the Superior room.
Both rooms come with private balcony which is not private at all as it is a 'open' balcony where one can climb-over/see/touch/talk to your neighbor.
All the rooms we stayed did not offer any sea view. Im doubting that FX does not have any room with sea view.
The bathroom... As mine, the rain shower wasnt working so well. The water heater was kinda not in good condition as well. It was either too warm or too cold. It could not be adjust to be just right. This was happening not only on me but also my friends' room.
The cleanliness of this hotel was just so-so. The floor was dusty, the balcony's floor was even dustier like no one was maintaining it at all. Other then the dusty floor, every other thing was fine.
One of the most satisfying thing in the room was the bedding. The pillows and the bedding was fantastic. In fact, the bedding was most satisfying point for me. Every sleep was very peaceful.
My friends and I did not take the package that comes together with the breakfast but I did peek through what they were offering for the buffet breakfast. It was nothing more then some bread and butter, cereal and milk, coffee and tea.
Breakfast at the 7-11 or Family Mart nearby was rather satisfying.
FX was located probably 10mins motorbike ride from the beach and it is surrounded by other shops and buildings. Thus, that explains the rooms do not come with sea view. When I look out from the balcony, I will only see the buildings or shops next to it.
There is also quite a number of convient store (eg: 7-11, Family Mart, Tesco Express) within the walking distance. Actually, you will easily find a lot of these stores in Chaweng.
Other attractions including the Night Market, Stadium (for Muay Thai, I assume), the happening and busy streets of Chaweng can be easily reached.
The friendly staff at the reception may help you with renting a motorbike. It costed me 200baht/day for an almost-emptied-tank bike. Gasoline is easily available almost everywhere at 40baht per bottle.
Other options than the motorbike is taking tuk-tuk. You may flag one down anytime, anywhere. There are plenty of tuk-tuk passing by the FX particularly during the evening till late at night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Avenue Samui, Koh Samui is a well-established resort perfectly suited for a relaxing getaway. Set amidst lush tropical garden in Chaweng area, this stylishly-designed resort is near Koh Samui's hottest spot and entertainment belt. It is situated within 5 minutes' walking distance to the beach and is only 15 minutes drive to Koh Samui International Airport. The resort features 75 spacious guestrooms, fully equipped with all essential in-room amenities to provide most comfortable and pleasant stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Avenue Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fx Resort Chaweng Hotel Bophut
- The Avenue Samui Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand