My Fiance and I recently stayed four nights at this hotel in February 2013, and at first glance you think this place is a nice modern hotel.
Upon exiting the elevator we got off to a carpeted hallway which looked like many battles and druken nights had been spent in the hallways.
Stains, hair and general uncleanliness were apparently visible. We entered our room to find the same. The hotel itself appeared to either have been recently built or renovated and had all the potential to be a great stay, however the general cleanliness left much to be desired.
The bedskirt of our bed appeared to have never been changed and was stained a blacky red with who knows what. The shower curtain and ceiling was covered with black mold. The toilet appeared to have been recently vomited in and remnents were still visible around its base. Hair and dust was all over the nice ceramic floors.
We went downstairs to the front desk to see if our room could be cleaned or if they had another room for us. We were taken to the top floor to see a premium room and found much of the same. The room had all the potential to be nice with modern fixtures throughout, although the general filth through out was terrible.
We decided to stay in our original room and had the cleaning lady reattend. She came by shortly thereafter and proceeded to clean the room with a wet cloth and broom. (no cleaning products, and no chance of a vacuum.) As a result our room remained relatively the same until my fiance desided she'd have to clean the room on her own if it was going to be reasonable. This was definetly the first hotel room I've ever stayed in that was as poorly maintained, with moderate potential.
We rented a scooter and headed to Crystal Bay Beach as the local beach in Chaweng is very loud, busy and dirty. As well from the hotel its about a 10-15 minute walk to the beach, which is ok just wasnt worth it once we saw the general vibe of the beach.
Definetly recommend a taxi ride or scooter to Crystal Bay, which is about a 10-15 scooter ride along the coast.
As for the hotel I'd stay away. Other then the reasonable price of the room, at its current state it wasnt worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- D Varee Diva Avenue Samui is a well-established resort perfectly suited for a relaxing getaway. Set amidst lush tropical garden in Chaweng area, this stylishly-designed resort is near Koh Samui's hottest spot and entertainment belt. It is situated within 5 minutes' walking distance to the beach and is only 15 minutes drive to Koh Samui International Airport. The resort features 110 spacious guestrooms, fully equipped with all essential in-room amenities to provide most comfortable and pleasant stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your D Varee Diva Avenue Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fx Resort Chaweng Hotel Bophut
- D Varee Diva Avenue Samui Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand