Ploen Chaweng Koh Samui
Amari Koh Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$115
Nora Buri Resort & Spa(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$154
$128
$130
$115
  • Beachfront
Dara Samui Beach Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$111
$66
  • Pool
OZO Chaweng Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$137
OZOHotels.com
Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$197
$154
  • Pool
Chaweng Regent Beach Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$123
$111
Agoda.com
KC Resort & Over Water Villas(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$300
$70
Poppies Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$143
$397
LuxuryCollection
All reviewsrooftop poolboutique hotelsmall balconysmall hotelstayed here for nightsfree wifiquiet at nightclean roomsrecommend this hotelcentral festivala great staymain areathe location is perfectthe main roadlovely hotelbars and restaurantsbeach
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We have just checked out of the Samui Ocean Hotel. We weren't even there an entire day, and were forced to spend the entire day trekking up and down Chaweng to find an alternative place to stay!! Admittedly, we didn't pay a lot for this hotel, but even so; it really isn't somewhere I would recommend to stay, and I urge you not to be fooled by the cheap offers as it just isn't really worth it. A lot of the reviews on here also say that people only stayed for one or two nights; we were looking for somewhere for eight, and longterm this hotel just won't come close.
It seemed a bit out of the way for us, but we had just come from a more central part of Chaweng. Admittedly, it didn't seem far from the beach, but perhaps that is one of the only things going for it. The room was clean, but small and very, VERY simple. There were cracks on the wall and it just seemed in desperate need of an overhaul...AND A LIFT. There are so many stairs just to get to anything. Plus there wasn't anyone to help us with our luggage, which compared to everywhere else is really quite unhelpful.
The rooftop pool was vile and forgotten...and the other pool is in the reception area. The pictures to us, made it look like it was outdoor too; not in the strangest part of the hotel it could have been!
I really couldn't bear to spend just one night here as I don't feel it met even my fundamental idea of basic or comfortable. If you were desperate, maybe...but only once you've spent the entire day looking for somewhere better.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ellieswidryk
Reviewed May 2, 2013

stayed at this hotel while on sticks. staff amazing, couldn't be more friendly or more helpful. close to beach. far away enough not to hear planes at night but close enough to get to where the bars are if that's what you want. rooms clean and well maintained.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Okay, this is a budget hotel, so we didn't expected much, but still there are some basic baseline which this hotel does not fulfill:

1) Staff is not friendly and not professional enough. When we arrive, there is only 1 single guy at the check-in area which seems fairly new with his job and busy playing with his Facebook.

2) Room condition is clean and spacious, but no towels is provided and we need to go down to ask the guy again, and he grab us 2 blue towels with pink stains.

The hotel basically is a shop-houses converted hotel. It have 2 pools (one at the lobby one at the rooftop) which I doubt who will go to swim because it's looks extremely small! Will not consider to go back to this hotel again, will definitely willing to pay extra a few hundred bath to get a better stay!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 5, 2013

STAY ANYWHERE BUT HERE!!! I checked out within hours of checking in because... Following a nauseating catamaran ride I arrived at my hotel hoping to lay down and rest. My hopes were killed when I saw the hotel. The halls are dark and grim. It got worse when the door to the hotel room was opened. The sheets and pillowcases were stained. Not a few small spots, but stains the size of dinner plates. It looked like road kill. There were cigarette butts on the balcony. The toilet was covered in dead bugs. In the corner of the shower was a large spiderweb, complete with spider. Apparently, Samui Ocean Hotel's idea of housekeeping is to make the bed and do nothing else. I can't believe they weren't ashamed to let someone enter that room. I saw the room and immediately started looking for another hotel. This would have been easier had the wifi worked in the room. I had to conduct my search from the lobby, where I had to ask the cranky staff member to get off the lobby computer so that I could use it. From check in to to check out the staff was less than friendly. When I checked out, I told the front desk I would not be paying, seeing as how I had only been there for 3 hours. They said I must pay. I said I'll be taking it up with the credit card company and some honest reviews online. I have stayed in hotels that cost less and were much nicer, cleaner and had a friendlier staff. Samui Ocean Hotel is a nightmare.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank Wanderlust6336
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I stayed here for 6 nights in January. It is very good value and everything is very clean and towels were changed every day. Even though it is very central in Chaweng it was actually very quiet at night. The staff were all extremely pleasant and helpful and as soon as I mentioned that the wi-fi was not working properly they made sure it was working again. The only thing I would say though is that on their own website they mention the rooftop swimming pool. This isn't quite accurate, it is more of an oversized jacuzzi. Otherwise I had no problem with this hotel and would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo