“Koh Samui Views”

Ranked #121 of 182 Restaurants in Chaweng
Cuisines: Thai, Asian, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Scenic view, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Waitstaff
Description: Former top chef of Six Senses has opened this Restaurant a few weeks back. www.kchotelsresorts.com
Canberra, Australia
“Koh Samui Views”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

I love Thailand so my opinion maybe slightly biased. Koh Samui is like the rest of the Thai seaside areas with beautiful scenery, beaches, etc. What I found out about Koh Samui is that you are not pestered as much by tailors, taxi drivers, stall sellers, etc.

Visited March 2014

Koh Samui
“The best Anniversary dinner ever!”
Reviewed October 22, 2010

From the food, to the service, to the spectacular view, KC Resort made our Wedding Anniversary an amazing dinning experience. We had a set multi-course meal with each course being nothing less than superb, from presentation to taste, each course was done to perfection! From anniversary congratulatory visits to our table by management as well as the head chef and waitstaff they made our anniversary dinner something we will never forget as it was truly the BEST in the 23 years we have been together!

2 Thank MarconNicole
Thailand
“Dining in style”
Reviewed September 16, 2010

The setting of this restaurant indeed justifies its name, but be sure to arrive before sunset to take advantage. On the Turesday evening we dined there was a solo violinist which created a nice and elegant ambiance which matched well with the surrounds. Apparently on saturdays they have a saxophonist.

Service was smooth and unobtrusive, and Chef Ryan prepares his food with obvious passion as the creative menu shows. The Caesar salad with slow-cooked egg was chunky and delicious, and the crispy skinned chicken with potato broth was great. To finish, a sticky cinammon and toffee bun which would have been incredibly sweet was offset by a tart passionfruit sorbet, very nice. We'll be back again...

1 Thank MKunzmann
Seattle, Washington
“Good food, but...”
Reviewed August 24, 2010

If you go for the view, lunch might be a better choice as it's dark by dinner.

Service is almost intolerably slow, even in a near empty restaurant. Problems started before we even arrived. I asked my hotel concierge to make a booking for a party and when she rang, no one answered the phone. She rang the hotel lobby, and they rang the restaurant, again with no answer. Someone had to run up to the actual restaurant to mark our booking. I asked if they were really open and our concierge smiled and replied assuringly "Oh yes! Just busy!" We arrived to a near empty restaurant.

Duck confit took more than 30 min to prepare, likely because it had to be thawed. A prior warning of the length of time would have been appreciated, particularly as we had a child dining with us. My glass of wine never arrived, though I had asked the waiter for his suggestion. At least it wasn't on the bill.

Our food was very tasty. The long awaited duck on dirty rice was worth the wait according to it's recipient. My grilled prawns (all three of them) were so good--I only wished there were more. Now the odd things about the food: the beautiful grilled prawns were served with...french fries! I thought the menu had said vegetables... I guess a potato is sort of a vegetable, but I think deep frying eradicates any semblance of nutritional value. Afterwards, a huge bowl of greens arrived, along with two small dishes of mustard and a vial of olive oil infused with hot chilli. I thought this was meant to make salad dressing, but the waiter offered no explanation, and no utensils with which to toss. Mustard and hot chili oil turned out to be a somewhat strange mix, or non-mix as the case may be because the mustard went on in little globs and then I drizzled on the oil and then attemped to toss with knIfe and fork--what a howl that provoked--but there was no one around to ask for further instructions and no one ever came around to enquire how we were doing.

If it were just the food, I'd recommend the restaurant, but the total package is lacking.

1 Thank jgfrsea
koh samui
“Great food and service”
Reviewed June 24, 2010

Myself and my partner went up to the View for dinner and was absolutely blown away by the experience that we had, the food presented by Ryan was second to none, good service staff being very attentive to our needs. Fantastic view over the Chaweng bay, would recommend dinning around dusk to enjoy the day and evening ambiance.

2 Thank lion2009