“Otaru Sushi Japanese = OUTSTANDING- Consistantly, excellent food, service and ambience, right here in Chaweng ;-)”
Review of Otaru Sushi Japanese Restaurant - CLOSED

Otaru Sushi Japanese Restaurant
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We do best with traditional sushi and sashimi, including some incredible melt-in-your-mouth Otoro. Open daily 11.30 - 22.30
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Yet another amazing culinary experience. We have frequented this location many times, and are ALWAYS surprised at the level of service, and consistency and professionalism of the server team.I am actually a bit disappointed in some of the snobbish like reviews I have recently read, obviously from tourists that are from metropolitan cities that have 1st world access to things that places here, simply do not (yet).. We love being here in Thailand, love everything about it, then you enter Otaru, and they have made this place so comfortable, and welcoming. The decor and lighting is really well done, and upon entering, the Sushi bar on the left, bright , super clean, and well organized, with professional Sushi Chef teams ready to work. The music, and staff, seat you, and once seated sipping your sake, it transports you to another world, while smelling the wonderful aromas from the back kitchen, the teppanyaki, grilled salmon, tempura, and all the server team are very efficient, in traditional Japanese garb. The Sushi Chef's are very well versed in their art of sushi, and presentation. Their menu selection even had pictures for those that aren't familiar with what to order. It is like coming home for us, we love it, and have never once had anything negative to comment on. Total thumbs up, and when in Thailand, and you get to have Sushi, treat yourself, as THIS is the place ;-) Namaste'

1  Thank Corinne I
There are newer reviews for Otaru Sushi Japanese Restaurant

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I was pretty disappointed with almost everything in this restaurant. The sashimi was average, but expensive! The smell outside the front door is of the sewer system and doesn't add anything whatsoever to the dining experience.

The service was ok, but for the amount of money you pay for the food, it should have been much better.

I would recommend going to Fuji rather than this place... don't waste your money.

1  Thank see_eh
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We ate sushi at this place three times during our stay at Koh Samui. The sushi is very good. The service is good, but they could cheer up a little bit. The restaurant is a little bit dark, and not so cozy, but it is really worth a visit if you like sushi.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I ordered ootoro sushi, matsuzaka beef sushi, Tempura, avocado salad etc..
Most of the dishes are beyond my expectations (I am Japanese and I always eat only fine foods.)
The owner is Thai and chefs are also Thais. But the chefs are well trained in Japanese restaurants in Bangkok.
The price is little bit pricey as I paid almost 4000 baht for 2 persons for lunch), but I will be back again.

Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

This is THE place to go to for good sushi in Chaweng. The ororo sashimi is great, the others as well. Service very good.