“Meh”

Otaru Sushi Japanese Restaurant
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We do best with traditional sushi and sashimi, including some incredible melt-in-your-mouth Otoro. Open daily 11.30 - 22.30
Vancouver
“Meh”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I was pretty disappointed with almost everything in this restaurant. The sashimi was average, but expensive! The smell outside the front door is of the sewer system and doesn't add anything whatsoever to the dining experience.

The service was ok, but for the amount of money you pay for the food, it should have been much better.

I would recommend going to Fuji rather than this place... don't waste your money.

1 Thank see_eh

• Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Oslo, Norge
“Good sushi at Koh Samui”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We ate sushi at this place three times during our stay at Koh Samui. The sushi is very good. The service is good, but they could cheer up a little bit. The restaurant is a little bit dark, and not so cozy, but it is really worth a visit if you like sushi.

Visited July 2013
“No Japanese chef and pricey, but still good taste.”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I ordered ootoro sushi, matsuzaka beef sushi, Tempura, avocado salad etc..
Most of the dishes are beyond my expectations (I am Japanese and I always eat only fine foods.)
The owner is Thai and chefs are also Thais. But the chefs are well trained in Japanese restaurants in Bangkok.
The price is little bit pricey as I paid almost 4000 baht for 2 persons for lunch), but I will be back again.

Oslo, Norway
“Best sushi in Chaweng”
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

This is THE place to go to for good sushi in Chaweng. The ororo sashimi is great, the others as well. Service very good.

• Visited July 2013
“Good sushi”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Went here for lunch. My husband had sushi and sashimi and said it was excellent. Its pricey but totally fresh so definitely worth it. I had some edamame beans which were fresh and well cooked. The restaurant was empty for lunch but is spacious and on the main Chaweng strip. I would recommend this if you are looking for Sushi, as there doesn't seem to be any other decent Japanese in Koh Samui that we could find.

• Visited June 2013