“Waste of time - wait till you get home to satisfy your sushi craving!”
Review of Otaru Sushi Japanese Restaurant - CLOSED

Otaru Sushi Japanese Restaurant
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: We do best with traditional sushi and sashimi, including some incredible melt-in-your-mouth Otoro. Open daily 11.30 - 22.30
Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

Impressive decor is all this place has going for it. The menu is over complicated and uninspiring. Tried one dish as we were skeptical to order more and we were underwhelmed with the dish so didn't bother ordering more. The sushi didn't taste bad, it just wasn't worth the cost and didn't feel the quality was that great.

2  Thank skliger

Reviewed November 26, 2012

WHAT A TREAT ;-). This sushi restaurant is a GREAT addition to all the great eateries in Chaweng. WE LOVE SUSHI ..so do our friends, we were so thrilled to find this excellent place. We went several times during our 6 week holiday here, with groups of friends, and as a couple. The service is first class, and their menu vast. ALL the rolls we sampled were luscious, and all of the Sashimi was on point..the Sushi Chef's were clearly well skilled in the Japanese culinary arts. We are no Sushi novice's, and were extremely impressed with Otaru.

1  Thank Corinne I
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Dropped in with my daughter for a quick bite and was impressed with the presentation, service and quality of the food.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I lost count of how many times I came to this place... too many times and always came back with a happy stomach. This time I ordered my usual menus Avocado Salad and Futo Maki and followed by two new menus I haven't tried before - Chicken Teriyaki and Grilled Beef with Miso, the outcome was fantastic. Apart from sushi, these two alternatives are absolutely delicious and perfect for you. The Teriyaki sauce and Miso sauce were just WOW. I will order them again next time I'm in Koh Samui 100%. Also, the complimentary sweet melon was a nice touch to end the meal.

1  Thank RawinBKK
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I was lucky enough to visit here last week. 3 of us dined here, with various meals, starters and desserts being ordered. I had Tapenyakki Chicken and chicken in Oyster sauce - the food was superb, cooked to perfection.
The service was excellent too, and we did not have to wait long for the freshly cooked food.
The desserts were also lovely :)

Well worrth a visit if you are local. For 3 of us with 3 starters, 5 mains (we were hungry) and 4 desserts plus drinks and shakes, the whole lot was just under £30 (1450 Bahts)

1  Thank Steve P