“great value for money and great if you like seeing ladyboys every day”
Review of Anong Guesthouse

Anong Guesthouse
Anong Guesthouse
Ranked #50 of 68 Chaweng B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I stayed here on my last leg of my holiday.

I only paid £10 a night during the new year period and I was expecting something not too good at all.

In fact, what I got was a great location, and an average room. Can't really ask for much more considering the price and time of year.

Although, i felt like the two teenage baggage boys had a bit of an attitude.

You have to go past the lady boy show to get the hotel.

Not bad in summary.

Room Tip: watch out for the ladyboys, they kept making sexual inuedos to me every night when I walked past
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank SBooth86

Reviewed February 23, 2013

only supposed to stop here for 3 nights, ended up stopping 15 , I didn't have a big budget so the price suited me very well, the staff were very friendly, and if you needed anything they went out of their way to help,the rooms were clean, if i were to mention a negative it would be the very loud music till 3am , but thats not really the hotels fault , location was good , very central, the pool could maybe of been cleaner, all in all ... not bad

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stayed in the cheapest room which was not especially clean or nice. But the price was decent. The staff was very helpful and friendy, although the reception closed at 9pm already. Walking distance to the beach.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rebecca S
Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

Great location, lady on reception VERY helpful and caring, she speaks excellent english Other staff speak basic English but get the lady for you if they don't understand.
Basic rooms with air con and warm showers.
Can get noisey till 3am with the clubs near by!
Just be careful when booking to leave koh Samui. The company they use called Holiday to ferry you to Krabi and can also be ( phi phi Phuket and ao nang). When I was on ferry they went through my bags and stole from me. Not hotels fault at all but just don't use the company holiday :)

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Cimmyandjosh
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I lived at Anong guesthouse for 3 months and during these three months, we had two cameras stolen and £400 in USdollars. You may ask, why did we stay there if we were being robbed? Well we didnt realise until the cameras went. We then check our £400 in US dollars and they had gone. The cleaners had been cleaning the room WITHOUT permission and friends had seen this.

I then left to travel south east Asia and return to Samui 2 months later. As i have friends who live at Anong Guest House so I stayed there for 4 nights before moving into a residential house. My first night, my ipod was stolen, my Blackberry and some small monies i had from Malaysia. You may ask, why did i leave my possessions in the room? But what do you do? take everything you own out clubbing with you?

I now live on Samui and have done for a year. I know of 9 separate occasions where 'Falang' have been robbed and 4 separate occasions where my thai friends who live there have been robbed. I can only assume the guests have no bothered writing this up on here so I will. When i lived there i went to all the rooms and told everyone to watch their stuff. When i complained to the staff, i was told 'Our staff dont steal'. Eeeerrrrr YEAH they do.

Anong is cheap, it's basic and although loud as Soi Green Mango is next to it, it is perfect for the average young traveler. However, i lost, in total, about £2000 worth of possessions - DEFINATELY worth it.

Room Tip: Dont bother staying here is my advise. If you HAVE to, take everything out with you. The robbings...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
8  Thank G S
Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

Good for the money :-) bathroom smelt bad when we arrived but it got better. go on Mr ungs jeep safari. was amazing :-)

everywhere was booked or ridiculously expensive around full moon but these guys are cheap and cheerful. although the doors don't close properly and our second room the door was broken, however a chap came an fixed it sharpish!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I stayed here for 5 days in June 2012.During my stay, one staff at the reception learnt my traveling schedule via short chatting. My departure to the next destination required me to leave Anong Guesthouse at 6AM.  So the prior evening, I made sure to pack my things and when I left for dinner, that evening, I kept my room key.  The next morning, I checked out and left the island.  Upon arriving at my destination, during check-in, I found that my money I had hidden in my luggage and in another container was gone.  During my transportation from Anong to my destination, all my items were by my side during the entire transit.  To me it appears, someone entered my Anong Guesthouse room while I was out to dinner.  The Anong Guesthouse employee was the only one that knew my schedule.  When I called Anong Guest house's owner to discuss this, I was met with rudeness instead an open mind and willingness to help.  I was not prepared for this type of response.  I was thinking the owner would have at least offered to look into this but instead, became very offensive.   Based on this experience, I would no longer recommend this property.   No matter where you stay, please be careful not to disclose your future plans and protect your valuables.

• Stayed: June 2012