“The Best on Town”

Ark Bar Beach Resort
Ranked #34 of 103 Hotels in Chaweng
Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

This place is famous for its pool pardy. Expect to see babes with Bikini's all over the pool. I can rate this the best bar i beem to in mu whole life. Damn exotic. The price is fair. Just outside the bar u can go for sm water activity.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank VisnuSk
There are newer reviews for Ark Bar Beach Resort

Reviewed May 30, 2014

Fabulous staff in the bar great music fabulous entertainment ...reception staff ..RUDE AS!!! When asking to move room due to not being told there was all day construction work going on banging and drilling and general caos we were told no rather rudely and looked at like crap by the reception staff , music blasts all day till 2am then construction hammering all day yeah great!! Wouldn't advise a stay !!!

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Me and my partner stayed here for 3 nights at the beginning of our traveling and we had such a amazing time, the atmosphere was brilliant, music around the pool all day everyday and good food and drink, we thought the price of the room was exceptional at £65.00 a night as the rooms have all you need and was cleaned every day. The staff was very helpful and was always there when you needed anything, I would highly recommend Ark Bar to any young people (18-40) if your in Thailand to have a good time. Ark bar is on the main strip where all the hotels, Bars & Restaurants are so location is spot on. We enjoyed this hotel so much we stayed here for another week at the end of our four weeks traveling in Thailand before coming home. Iv always said I would never go back the same place as id always like to try new places but I would 100% go back to Thailand and stay at Ark Bar for 2 weeks and not get bored. Such a Amazing Holiday.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend stayed here for 4 nights. It's a great lively hotel with pool party's and live music everyday. We stayed in a deluxe room a little pricey but we pushed the boat out on our budget as this hotel was really recommended to us. Friendly staff who wait in you all day and evening around the pool. There are also 3 very nice pools so if you want to stay away from the party you can. The location is perfect you are right in the heat of it not that you even need to go out with the great nightlife and beach partys at this hotel. We loved are time here and would defiantly return

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Ashleywardy
Reviewed May 22, 2014

This was my third trip to Thailand in under a year and I made a massive mistake by choosing to stay at Ark Bar.

I had 8 nights booked and check in went smooth. They put me in a room next to the "See though" Pool. Once in my room I was unimpressed from what the photo's on the website looked like and what my room was like. The walls needed painting and the room smelt of the pool. The bathroom was very small and the shower sprayed in every direction, I pretty much had to run around under the shower to try and get wet. You are given 4 towels in your room, 2 big and 2 small. One of the big towel when I got there had stains on it, it looked like it had been washed by the stains had not come out, I didn't think to much of this as there was another towel so I just used that one. Now came night time, before choosing this hotel I knew it was a "Party Hotel" but my room was so close to the DJ's it shook from the bass till 2am.

The next morning I went to front desk so see if there was any other rooms further away that I could get and I was told, you guessed it NO...NO other rooms, even tho I would walk past empty ones back to my room every night.

The kicker for me was on check out. When I was checking out I was told to wait while the maid checks the room, understandable until the maid radios back and tells the counter lady that one of the towel is dirty (The stained one I said before) and I will have to pay for it. After arguments with the manager I was forced to pay a cleaning fee for the towel even tho it was in the room like that.

This hotel would have to be a lot cheaper if you wanted to stay there, think backpackers with a DJ.

I am not jaded by my whole experience I just want to warn others that it could happen to you and there are far nicer hotels on the beautiful island of Koh Samui

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Alwaystravelingsolo
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Not the cheapest bar on the island but good music if your up for a night out and the staff are all friendly andhelpful.
Only criticism is the children coming up to you every 2 minutes trying to sell you stuff which doesn't stop from 8-closing time. The same thing happens with men with animals attempting to get you to buy photos with animals. If the staff moved them on it wouldn't matter but they're not bothered and it doesn't make for a relaxing/enjoyable atmosphere.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Connor H
Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

Lovely modern rooms with powerful showers and a good sized balcony. Hotel is right on the beach with two bars and pools. Amazing fire shows put on, as well as DJs playing over the main pool. Drinks and food from the hotel bars are a bit over priced but overall the stay was worth the money.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chaweng
Chaweng Garden Beach Resort
First Bungalow Beach Resort
Banana Fan Sea Resort
Banana Fan Sea Resort
#5 of 103 in Chaweng

Been to Ark Bar Beach Resort? Share your experiences!