“Good location only!”

Ark Bar Beach Resort
Ranked #34 of 104 Hotels in Chaweng
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Hotel is in a great location in chaweng but that's about it. Loud music every night and construction makes this place a big mess. Expensive drinks and food are another disadvantage. Staff was not flexible with our booking reservation and we paid 2 extra nights which we didn't stay. Would not be returning here

Room Tip: Pick a room far from pool to get some peace
1  Thank Mohamed A
Write a ReviewReviews (1,547)

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed here for 3nights in June 2013, the only good thing was the location. It's so close to everything. The hotel was so noisy, from first thing in the morning to the early hours trance music is playing at the pool/restaurant/beach, you cannot escape from it and its so loud. I like to party but this was ridulous, not good when your hungover or just want to sleep on the beach. We were lucky that our room was far enough away that it wasn't too loud when our door was close. As well as the music there is a lot of building work going on so from 8.30am we were woken up and this was right outside our door. This hotel was £35 a night (the most expensive place we stayed and the worst).
The staff came across rude. Also in our room it states that the water was complimentary, when we checked out they charged us for the water, we questioned it and their reply was "it's the tap water that's complimentary" thanks!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights in June.. Hotel rooms were horrible. Toilets and showers in need of replacing and refurbishing. Bathroom door didn't close properly, kept swinging open. Staff walk pass your hotel rooms telling you to shut your door if your air cons on. This hotel is geared around young people and you certainly get treated like one. Crappy doof doof music from 12.00 lunchtime till 2am every night. Not worth $10 per night.... STAY CLEAR...

2  Thank banglard
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We visited here for lunch and loved the vibe and banging music being played at 2pm so decided to return at night. It was an amazing night with a such a great party atmosphere with so much entertainment - a definite must if you like to party!!

Also they sell cocktails by the bucket (literally) great for sharing with lots of straws... or keep it all to yourself.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Centrally Located property in the busy Chaweng locality for people looking to party in Kohsamui..
Beautiful and huge beachside restaurant ..The party pool is the place to be for the Happening Afternoon ARK Bar beach parties..Only negative side about this place is the so called 'Superior rooms' are smaller than one can imagine.The construction work for hotel expansion is a nuisance but seems to be a temporary thing..If one is looking for peace of mind this is not the place to be with all the drunk people running around and creating havoc in the property ..Overall a very good stay when one is looking to party...Not a place to be in when with family though.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

If you are looking for a place to relax on a nice quiet beach then this is not the place for you, try looking at a hotel further up the beach. With pool parties everyday and beach parties twice a week it is probably the liveliest hotel there. We were checked in for a week here and after 3 days the thumping music from midday to night time got a bit too much and we had to take a break from it in other parts of the island. It is a good clean hotel, very reasonable rates, decent sized rooms, nice pools, excellent staff and right on the beach. If you are looking to have a party all the time you are here and can deal with the music all day with your hangover......this is definitely the center of the action, but for me 2 or 3 days of it was enough I would have stayed else where on the island after that. If you are only in cheweng for 1 or 2 nights and looking for a lively spot, definitely stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the New building and back from the beach if you plan on catching some sleep during...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 13, 2013

This is by far the best place I have stayed. No only because of the hotel location, which is GREAT - its right on the beach, and a bit pulled down from the main road outside, so it is quiet but still so central. The restaurants are great, they have a very good selection of food and all the staff are so friendly, they speak great english and are always smiling. The pools are clean, and there are plenty of sunbeds.

What makes me so incredibly happy with this stay, however, was the help the staff gave me when I got ill. According to the hospital staff (I spent one night in Thai international hospital), someone must have put something in my drink. I was found by a couple of the guests and the staff lying in the water by the beach, unconscious. They immediately got me to my room, collected some clothes and my belongings, and got me to the hospital. They had all my valuables in a safety box for me, and when I returned the next day they had made my room up beautifully and everyone was asking how I felt, if I needed something, etc. etc. To me this is just outstanding, and I cannot thank them enough. I felt so safe here, especially as a woman travelling alone. Places like this make me realize that most people (except those trying to drug you down, obviously...) are genuinely good-hearted.
A special thanks to the norwegian lady who is in charge of one of the restaurants there, who was the one bringing me to the hospital, and to the entire staff of Ark Bar.

This is a truly safe place to stay, filled with GOOD people. And also, location, rooms etc are awesome too :)

Thank you, Ark Bar. <3