Ark Bar Beach Resort
Nora Buri Resort & Spa(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$157
$133
Agoda.com
Muang Samui Spa Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$252
  • Breakfast included
Chaweng Garden Beach Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$97
$80
Agoda.com
Chaweng Regent Beach Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$156
$151
Agoda.com
Nora Beach Resort and Spa(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$136
$113
OZO Chaweng Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$132
Hotels.com
Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$217
Travelocity
Buri Rasa Village Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$177
$150
Agoda.com
Amari Koh Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$147
$123
Poppies Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$226
$206
Orbitz.com
1,594 results
All reviewswednesday and fridaypool partyfire showgreat party hotellive djgreat musicparty atmosphereparty goershear the musicfull moon partymangokoh samuinight lifedeluxe roomthe main roaddjspools
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I loved Ark Bar! Clean room, good bar/restaurant serving wide range of food and drinks, beach parties with fire displays, immaculate toilets by the pool and bar area.

Whoever said that they play techno all day long clearly doesn't know the difference between techno and funky house. I loved the music, and really enjoyed the live saxophonist and percussion who played alongside the DJ most afternoons. The sunbeds are transformed in the evening into reclining tables with table cloths and they put up flower lights. It looks beautiful.

Initially we booked for three nights, but then decided to extend our stay for another four nights.

The restaurant serves good food. The 'big breakfast' is pretty good value too. I thought the staff were lovely - if a little overworked as it was so busy at times.

The negatives: some beach vendors are very persistent. They would wake us up by banging their wares on our sunbeds!

I didn't hear the music late at night (our room was on the top floor) but the hotel is under the flight path for the airport and was woken every morning from about 6am onwards by the sound of planes taking off and landing.

We didn't leave our hotel for most of the week as we loved the restaurant and bar here. Everywhere else felt sub standard. However, when we moved on to the next place, we realised we had been in a little Ark Bar bubble and that there was a lot more to explore in Chaweng.

As we left, the hotel was (justifiably) fully booked for several weeks ahead.

Read the reviews below. If you don't like house music, busy atmosphere, lots of twenty somethings larking about, this may not be for you. I'm a lot older but really enjoyed it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor, away from the bar area if you want a quieter room.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 13, 2012

This has been my 5th trip to Koh Samui and my first stay at the Ark Bar Beach Resort. I have seen this place grow form a single complex with about 60 rooms, one pool and a restaurant. Now there are two restaurants 3 pools and over a 150 rooms. It has grown up to quite the place to stay in Chewang Beach. Where to start.....1st. Location: You cannot choose a better location for Chewang beach. All of the hot spots in Chewing are in walking distance, so are many of the great restaurants. 2nd. Room: I chose the Jr. suite room, it was very nice and quite spacious. Remember the bar goes to 2am, if by chance you are a light sleeper you may want a room towards the front of the resort. More important the bed was quite comfortable. If anyone has done any traveling will know how uncomfortable many hotel beds can be. 3rd. The Beach: You cannot find a better part of the beach in Chewang for the price of the room. There is a great snorkeling reef right on their beach. The best time for snorkeling is in late in the day after 3pm as the tide is coming in. 4th. The restaurant. Formerly known as the Seven Seas, the restaurants offer some great food and great prices. You cannot find a better breakfast on Koh Samui. 5th. The staff. Is great. Always helpful, polite, and courteous. This will not be my last stay at Ark Bar. The last thing I could say would be that the resort really needs to promote the reef they have in their backyard, maybe even have organized snorkeling periods or at least some good equipment to rent.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We did not enjoy our stay here at all. The room is not as photographed on the internet. It is ridiculously noisy and not particularly clean. The curtains were stained and dirty. The staff were very unfriendly and unhelpful. There are far more superior and cheaper hotels on Chaweng Beach. The staff seem to avoid eye contact with you and if you have an issue they then use the excuse that they have no English. This is not really acceptable as most of the people staying here are English speaking. While staying here we met three other sets of people who were very unhappy with the room or the service. There was a construction site right beside the pool... not very conducive to an enjoyable holiday. We were travelling for a number of weeks in S.E. Asia and this is the only hotel we did not enjoy staying in. Everyone could see directly into your room unless the curtains were pulled and this is not possible all of the time. We were delighted to leave here.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kate H
Reviewed August 12, 2012

we stayed at the ark bar late july 2012. we spend a month in thailand and this was the worst place we've been to.
the room was ok, and the location was good. we also liked the pool even though it was full most of the time. the problem was the noise. loud (very loud) music every night, so until the party is over you cant go to sleep no matter how tired you are. it gets worst on wednesdays and fridays as they have a "beach party". on thursday morning we had to get up early for a day of travelling back to bangkok - but the night before, when we had enough of the music at 2am and went to the owner - he said it will stop soon (which didn't) and we took the chance to talk to him about a missing towel - when we left the room there were 2 towels and when we came back, the room was cleaned but only 1 towel. he promised us we wont be charged (it was 500 batt fine). in the morning - the manager was asleep, and when i said that i damande to talk to him, they put him on the phone. talking to me half asleep he said he cant help me now. so they didn't let us go until we paid. and we couldnt miss our flight. loss of 500 batt for nothing. after the manager promised we wont be charged. another thing about the noise - after a night with no sleep due to the music - the constraction noise starts at 7am. so, cant go to sleep before 2am- and can't sleep in after 7am. and im not a light sleeper. i usually can sleep everywhere. "great" vacation. if you stay there - bring headphones and watch your stuff!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank noacodish
TerrySamui, Manager at Ark Bar Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Dear Naocodish,

This is a real treat for me. Normally I am the 3rd party, and have to ask staff or look at security tapes to resolve any difference of opinion. On this occasion, I have the advantage of being the "sleepy manager" that you referred to in your posting.

Thank you for your kind and accurate words about the rooms, swimming pool and location. Yes, it is an amazing location and the daytimes at the swimming pool are extremely popular.

Regarding the music that you requested to be turned off at 1.40 am while 1,000 guests were having a good time, so that the 2 of you could sleep. I told you that the music will stop soon, as it always stops at 2am. And it was.
The music was not played one minute after 2am, I know because I turned it off myself.
To blame the music for a night with no sleep, is ludicrous and fictitious.
The music was turned off before you could possibly have had the time to walk to your room, brush your teeth and say good-night.

I clearly told you that we would look for the lost towel and ashtray, and if found, you would not be charged. I kept my word.
Unfortunately, after searching the hotel grounds for these items until 4am, my 2 managers and I could not find either of the items that you claimed were stolen.

I do apologise for being a little sleepy when the phone rang.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

We really dropped on here, it was reasonably priced the included breakfast was very good, the rest of the menu was great, the room was really clean and modern with a flat screen and dvd player, good bathroom, comfy bed,
you literally cant get much closer to the white sandy beach without staying in a beach hut, and they have a beach party once a week which gets pretty lively lots of people from the area come.

We came on a whim because we had been to Bangkok for two nights, and after being in Pattaya for a week wanted to move on, so booked an internal flight from Pattaya airfield, and booked a room here using an internet cafe in Pattaya.

Wemade a good choice and would definitley stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple