My boyfriend and I stayed at The Park Samui for a week in February.
The apartments were huge--very modern and finished nicely--just as they appeared on the hotel's website. Two large bedrooms and two 1/2 bathrooms. The kitchen was very well appointed with high standard dishes, cutlery and cookware, allowing guests to cook full meals easily. We also ate breakfast at the hotel a couple of days--it was good but highly priced compared to what we could make ourselves. We definitely recommend the amazing fresh fruit on the island.
The free wi-fi worked great. I thought the gym was just ok.
We hired a car which I would definitely recommend as the location is a little remote, and it will make sightseeing and supermarket trips much easier (there are several big Tescos on the island). The hotel offeers free tuk-tuk rides to the beach, but they can only take you to one beach (which is a little small, although I highly recommend the restaurant at The Sala) and we definitely wanted to explore beyond that.
The staff was limited but very friendly. They helped arrange a day trip to Ko Tao which I would highly recommend. We were definitely more comfortable arranging via the hotel as there are so many questionable tour operators around. Make sure you have cash for the tour.
We paid the extra supplement to have a Garden-facing room which I wouldn't recommend, as all of the apartments face the garden and pool areas.
Our only complaints were that the apartment was so modern, it seemed a little sterile and wasn't conducive to a romantic beach holiday. The location is a little remote but a good base for exploring the island, very peaceful, quiet and safe. It would be ideal for a group of friends or a small family and I would definitely recommend for those travellers. It was good value (especially for the size and age) and seemed a much better bet than some of the beach hotels which seemed to vary dramatically in quality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Park Samui is a brand new luxury townhouse resort located close to Choeng Mon Beach, one of the best beaches on Koh Samui and close to everything. Each house sleeps four persons in two bedrooms and includes kitchen and a huge living area plus private balcony and terrace. Facilities include 2 swimming pools, fitness center, restaurant and free beach shuttle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your The Park Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Park Samui Hotel Chaweng
- The Park Samui Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand