This hotel is greatly misrepresented on their website and on agoda as well.
When I tried to inquire via the numbers listed on their website regarding our already paid booking, none of the phone numbers except one were working. The manager, a Markus Braunwalder answered the phone, and before I could introduce myself or even knew I had the correct number, he most strongly screamed that I should never have called, and never to call back again and hung up the phone! So I inquired via the website form and was greeted in the same friendly manner by Mr. Markus via email. He never did attempt to answer my query, which was simply if I could extend my booking…. Glad that he didn’t because of what we found once we arrived…..
The website boasts “relaxation and fitness with a gymnasium and 25 mm swimming pool and private sauna, Jacuzzi and massage therapy” The gym is a small building in the back of the parking lot that is mostly broken and unusable. The private sauna and Jacuzzi and massage therapy are nonexistent. They simply do not have them.
They also claim that they are “5 minutes from Chaweng beach, shopping and restaurants, (which can be reached through our complimentary transport at anytime of the day or night.)” This is also nonexistent. There is not a shuttle service.
They say that they are within walking distance to Tesco, but it takes about 30 minutes to walk there.
The room that we were put in was not the room we booked. It gave the impression that it had been being renovated, and was not yet complete. They say that they have a “Fully Equipped Kitchen” but there was nothing to cook with, no kettle, no microwave. No safety box as advertised either.
There were screws in the walls everywhere, like someone had just moved out, and took everything with them, completely bare. An empty shell of a room. The beautiful balconies had no furniture whatsoever, just empty space.
And besides that, the room was very dirty. There was urine all over the toilet, cigarettes butts in the drawer in the kitchen, piles of hair in the shower drain. My husband did ask them to clean again, but ended up spending about an hour cleaning the bathroom himself before we could even use the toilet or shower.
On the last days of our stay, the hotel ran out of water. The water that they used to send us to shower was filthy. Dirty, muddy water…. So we didn’t shower at all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chaweng Lakeview Condotel is a uniquely-situated condominium hotel, and with just 22 one bedroom studio suites and one two-bedroom Penthouse is ideal for those wanting a relaxed and unhurried holiday far from the stresses of modern life. The complex offers the ultimate combination for relaxation and fitness with a gymnasium and 25m swimming pool and private sauna, Jacuzzi and massage therapy for essential health. The Studio apartments offer 60 square metre of living space and include a western-style kitchen, a combined lounge/bedroom area, and bathroom with bathtub overlooking the Lake. There is a huge outdoor terrace with magnificent views of Lake Chaweng where you can view the incredible sunrise each morning. All are spacious, light and bright with tasteful décor throughout. The Penthouse offers 2 large bedrooms, is ideal for two couples or a family of 4 with large open living area, fully equipped Western kitchen and 270 degree views of Lake Chaweng and the Hills behind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Chaweng Lakeview Condotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chaweng Lakeview Condotel Hotel Chaweng
- Chaweng Lakeview Condotel Ko Samui, Thailand