“Wonderful honeymoon location”

KC Resort & Over Water Villas
Ranked #43 of 104 Hotels in Chaweng
Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at kc over water villa for the first part of my honeymoon. We stayed in the top villa, which was secluded and private... The room was immaculate and the rose petals on the bed made for lovely ambience as we entered the room for the first night of our honeymoon. The staff were full of smiles, so incredibly friendly and went above and beyond to make our stay memorable. --
we had a rooftop dinner for two with led lights and pebbles in a huge heart around the table, romantic music and fantastic mood lighting made the evening unforgettable. The food was fantastic and a complimentary tiramisu "happy honeymoon" cake was beautifully decorated and given to us after the meal -- a lovely and unexpected gesture...
The extremely friendly, and beautiful Aeh, (food and bev manager) stayed after her shift, to tend to us on this honeymoon dinner...
She has always been a pleasure to see every morning.
The staff, especially Phu and Jeen were so welcoming, friendly, helpful and just all round fantastic. They also made the stay incredible as it was so lovely to create a friendship with two such wonderful and genuine men..always taking time to ask you questions and tell you about their families and lives, which was fantastic.
The resort in itself was impeccably clean and well maintained, with all the necessities provided. Gowns and slippers were so comfortable , the bed was fantastic and soft and the pillows so comfortable. The pool was amazing, and cleaned daily. The bathroom was just WOW!! My only issue with the whole resort and stay (which isn't necessarily their fault) was that the shower is not designed for a 4ft11 person like myself, and did not get to the hot temperature that I like. I do understand though that these showers are designed for large western men, and not for tiny western women. Besides that, (which wasn't even a major issue) I could not fault a thing and would stay here over and over again. Fantastic value for money. Much love for making our first week of our honeymoon so unbelievably enjoyable and memorable ..

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Cherisse R

Reviewed July 7, 2014

I had the pleasure of staying in the over the water villa, This villa was Everything and more. it was so great that I posted it on my blog with my personal rating and review. also on my youtube channel with clips on the villa and trip itself. check it out for a more detailed review.
my Blog is THE-ROLEMODEL.COM
My youtube channel is. Youtube.com/Therolemodelish (or just search THEROLEMODELISH on YT) I hope these two platforms gives you a better feel of how the villa in case you are considering on booking this. i say give it a go :)

Room Tip: I say go for the over water villa, I went alone and i was obsessed with it. this very romantic if yo...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Rolemodelish
Reviewed July 5, 2014

the rooms clean and very beautifull..
, the service very good everybody smiling for us and take care of us.
.a specially Fomot from the reciption who give us the best service we can ask.
next time in samui ill come back only to k.c

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank asibitonasi
Reviewed July 5, 2014

I was stay at KC resort for 3 nights is beautiful room .on arrival the staff were friendly and informative for you every request .I never been Thailand before but stuff make I feel welcome from first day . Her name Fon her do her job billions good entertaining .the good food at the restaurant is very good and can get it delivered to your room for free .

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Jane D
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Would avoid this hotel, for the money you would expect better service. Rude woman in reception. Hotel website had misleading information on it, so they can make extra money from you. Enjoy your stay peacefully elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Tru P
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Me and the wife loved it we stayed in one if the villas they wer very comfy except for lounges they were hard, only complaints we had were they didnt have the shuttle run after 4 and last luck up was at 8.30. And shower was hard to ise and water was hot even with hot water tap was of. The staff were fantastic and friendly food is very nice and overall we would stay there again.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank John K
Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

I used to think that there cannot be a bad hotel in Thailand as the Thais are renowned for their warm hospitality .The staff at KC hotel proved me wrong .

I have a feeling that there is no training in customer service for the staff. I have not come across a bigger group of unfriendly , uninitiated hotel staff in a holiday destination like Koh Samui .

My 4-day stay also made me re- think the benefits of a well -known chain hotel - it's cookie -cutter at times - but at least our needs are taken care of and one's stay is designed to be enjoyable .

This hotel does not think through its operations well . No extra pillows in the suite; a different wifi password for each device with automatic timeout , a shuttle service that is not clear in its instructions for the pickup from Chaweng beach ( we waited for 30 min at mcdonalds as indicated in the slip we were given at check - in only to be chided by the staff that we should have called the driver and waited elsewhere . we witnessed another pair of fuesys who had the same difficulty the next day ).

Safety and security do not seem to be on their minds . The steep flight of steps to the lobby was not illuminated one evening and I told the reception staff - especially when i almost missed a step. Only to be told that their engineer was looking into it - without any concern for guests who might fall on the stairs or preventive measures in the meantime.

On another occasion, Whilst waiting for our taxi one evening , we saw the entire guestlist and their arrival / departure details and nationalities in the waiting area. This is very 'valuable' information if this falls into the wrong hands .

There appears to be a strong feeling of 'following policy ' at the hotel . We were very unfortunate to encounter this within the first hour of our arrival - a most unpleasant check in experience due to our early arrival. I understand the constraints and was prepared for a compromise or an early brunch - but we were basically told to hang around for 5 hours without any alternative even though we were booked into the largest suites in the hotel .a very special thanks to the hotel manager whom I asked to see for resolving this - before we experienced more unpleasantness .
We were reminded a few times of the cash penalty if those filmsy plastic key cards were lost; not to mention the furrowed check at breakfast against our room number instead of a ' good morning '.

We should have seen it coming -
from the time my airport transfer arrived at the airport, someone came up to me and asked for cash payment for the transfer with a very visible pouch. No welcome , no smiles . Same again when we ordered a transfer to Chaweng. Most hotels would allow us to charge this to the hotel bill or make this seamless. What if some guests had no local Currency on them ?

There was some hype for this hotel due to its overwater feature - which is nothing like those in Maldives . The hotel has features like a twin shower system with multiple jets - which is for giants I think as the water jets meant for one's body would be shooting in the face instead as it is installed too high . One doesn't need an instruction with illustration to get a good shower . Neither do we need multi - colored lights in the bathroom to impress guests .
It would be money better spent to have body lotion in the bathrooms or bedroom slippers .
Even my kids noticed that there was no proper desk in the suite , the 'bedside' clock was high behind the bed - one could not read the time when you get back to bed without sitting up n turning around.

I dropped by their sister property in Chaweng - which they seem to be quite proud of. I was hopeful of better service- but was disappointed by the lack of initiative of the staff to offer beach towels . It is totally presumptuous of the hotel to assume that those who enjoy sitting on the beach require no protection from the sun . And the attitude of the staff when I asked for parasols for the deck chairs !

The hotel clearly does not put the guests at the heart of what they do .

However , I must mention one of the hotel staff named Phu who always had a smile and showed initiative during our stay.

Based on the regular rates in various travel websites- The hotel positions itself as a 5-star property . I happened to spot a flash sale when I was surfing for a hotel . On hindsight - I wish I was not swayed by this 'Attractive deal'.

I noticed glossy videos of fashion models in promotional videos in the lobby. It's fine for the hotel to be where they are if they are positioning themselves as a 'bed and breakfast '. But if they are eyeing an international market - they need to pull up their socks. KC hotel group needs an overhaul of their staff training and operations.

I travel for work n leisure at least 20 -30 times a year- I can definitely tell a well -run hotel . This is definitely not a 5-star property .

Even if I am offered a complimentary stay , this is a hotel that I am unlikely to return . It was a waste of my vacation and I totally regret choosing this hotel .

Stayed: June 2014