I skimmed through the good and bad reviews for this hotel before writing my own and am astounded by the huge differences of opinion.
We took two overwater villas (adjoining from the poolside at the back) in April 2013 and overall had a really great stay. The large glass rectangular slate on the floor allowed us to watch the kids swimming beneath us – as we sat in comfort inside the room which was a lot of fun. The hotel’s main pool was also beautiful, clean with a great view.
The hotel had recently changed hands and yes, there were some niggling maintenance issues, which were a bit annoying (considering the high price of the rooms) but the staff couldn’t have been more accommodating in their efforts to resolve them asap. The biggest issue for us was that the villas found it hard to compete against the scorching sun and we had to leave the aircons on and curtains drawn during day time to get relief from the heat. The beds were big and comfy and the rooms very well thought out and inviting.
The good by far outweighed the bad and from the moment we were greeted to the moment we left - we were given positive and welcoming attention from all members of staff (in particular Hadas).
There was a huge varied breakfast choice (although the dining room was very hot). The food in the restaurant for lunch or dinner was less impressive. This didn’t bother us too much as we preferred to explore the other restaurants on the Island anyway – but would definitely recommend “The Magnolia café” just at the bottom of the hill which was a great place for brunch or lunch.
The public areas of the hotel possibly lacked the delicate decorative beauty and detail that you often see in Thai resorts and restaurants – but wasn’t lacking in efficiency and was certainly not neglected.
All in all, we really enjoyed our stay and thank the wonderful staff, from housekeeping to management, for contributing towards making this a wonderful, family holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ’KC Resort & Over Water Villas’ is located at the North of Chaweng Beach, on a hill top. This unique location allows you to be close to the center of Chaweng, where everything happens, but not be disturbed by any night time craziness. The view over the Gulf of Thailand, Koh Matlang and Chaweng Bay is spectacular and can be seen from anywhere in the resort. To fit all your need, KC Resort & Over Water Villas provides Spa-in and outdoor luxurious treatment rooms; A view Restaurant & Wine Lounge - featuring a terrace with a great view on the neighboring island and the ideal spot for dining or enjoying a drink and of course 95 exclusive rooms, suites and villas that will exceed your expectations, in a secluded estate enjoying stunning views over the cobalt blue sea and outlying islands of Koh Samui. Every room features complimentary WiFi, over size king bed with double seat Jacuzzi with light therapy system and rain shower column with acupressure jet, cordless telephone, safety box, mini bar and hair dryer with shaver socket. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your KC Resort & Over Water Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kc Resort & Over Water Villas Hotel Chaweng
- Kc Resort And Over Water Villas
- KC Resort & Over Water Villas Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand