We have just returned from staying at Sareeraya Villas and Suites staying there from May 29 to June 7th. The most relaxing holiday we've had.
Upon arrival, we were made to feel very welcome. We arrived around 10am, and they were working quickly to ensure our room was ready ASAP - we waited about 10 minutes.
The room was amazing - we had pool access off our room and it was so discreet and hardly ever used - but we used it every day.
This hotel does not appear to be designed for children, so for us, it was just what we wanted. While there were some children there, mostly we weren't bothered by them (there was one annoying family with two kids who kind of took over the pool most days, but that could happen anywhere).
Staff were brilliant. Once they had asked your room number, they remembered it for the whole 9 days. Once they asked your name, they remembered it. They remembered your drinks order. They bought out ice cold towels to dampen your face in the middle of the afternoon. The quality of the spirits was great (some drinks at other venues tasted like petrol). The pool was so relaxing overlooking the bay.
The location is perfect too. It's about a 7-10 minute walk to the main strip of Chaweng. Close enough, but far enough away. There's an ATM over the road at the hospital and a 7-11 about a minute away. The restaurants along the beach were 1 minute away.
Sareeraya appeared to cater for people who wanted a more relaxing experience. Older couples and newlyweds seemed to be the norm. There was no drunken loutish behaviour. I hate how I sound like an old man typing this, but it was just the holiday we wanted - sitting by the pool, or swimming in the pool, being looked after. Sareeraya offers all this in spades!
Not only will we be back, we are already planning and bringing friends along with us.
See you next year Sareeraya and Seng (our favourite barman!).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offering 49 exquisite suites and pool villas, Sareeraya Villas & Suites is conveniently set on the quieter part of Chaweng Beach within walking distance to the most popular shopping, nightlife and entertainment area. Each villa provides a private plunge pool while each suite features a spacious terrace with ocean view or outdoor Jacuzzi. The hotel facilities include Raya Spa, Gym, Swimming pool, Transit Lounge, Chef’s Table Restaurant, Read Red Bar, Her Bar & Free WIFI Access. The perfect environment for people who are looking for pleasure, exclusivity and relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sareeraya Villas & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sareeraya Villas And Suites
- Sareeraya Villas Hotel Chaweng
- Sareeraya Villas & Suites Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand