Just spent 9 nights at Sareeraya and loved it. We were looking for a relaxing get-away and this was just perfect. Got a great rate on the Sareeraya suite with sea-view, which was huge - large balcony with day bed and great view of the ocean, spacious room and an oversized bathroom with walk-in shower. As the hotel is relatively new (it opened in 2009), the decor is fresh and modern.
The pool area is really good, perfect for relaxing - it's so picturesque. I thought it might get a bit full at times, but I was wrong. We were always able to get a couple of deck chairs and it never felt crowded. The beach directly outside the hotel is perfectly manicured (they sweep it down every morning in fact!) however it's quite shallow at low tide and isn't great for swimming - but there is a large sandbar just a couple of hundreds metres north of the hotel which is perfect for taking a dip. The hotel thoughtfully supply you with a beach bag and straw hats (as well as flip flops), so you can take these out to the sandbar and not worry about getting your belongings wet.
Sareeraya is located at the quieter north end of Chaweng Beach. This was our 2nd time to Koh Samui, so we were happy to stay a bit further away from the centre of Chaweng - everything was a quick walk (5 to 10 minutes) or even quicker baht bus ride away (going rate seemed to be 50 baht into the town centre and 50 to 100 baht to come back).
Buffet breakfast was great - good quality food, delicious pastries that changed on a daily basis and a good range of made-to-order offerings, including waffles, pancakes, omlettes and more.
Staff were lovely, friendly and helpful. We had emailed a couple of questions before we arrived and they were always prompt to respond. It's a beautiful hotel, professionally run, but the overall feel is friendly and relaxed. We would have no hesitation staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offering 49 exquisite suites and pool villas, Sareeraya Villas & Suites is conveniently set on the quieter part of Chaweng Beach within walking distance to the most popular shopping, nightlife and entertainment area. Each villa provides a private plunge pool while each suite features a spacious terrace with ocean view or outdoor Jacuzzi. The hotel facilities include Raya Spa, Gym, Swimming pool, Transit Lounge, Chef’s Table Restaurant, Read Red Bar, Her Bar & Free WIFI Access. The perfect environment for people who are looking for pleasure, exclusivity and relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sareeraya Villas & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sareeraya Villas And Suites
- Sareeraya Villas Hotel Chaweng
- Sareeraya Villas & Suites Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand