I really enjoyed my stay at Nid's Bungalows! I was originally planning to stay only 2 nights but I loved it so much I decided to stay 3! I stayed in the dorm room and at first I was the only person staying there and so I was a little bit dubious about the reviews that I read that Nid's was a good place to meet other travellers, yet after a couple of hours of checking in, I immediately met fellow travellers at the pool and others soon checked into the dorm.
The dorm itself is absolutely lovely, the bedsheets are changed daily and there is an individual fan for each bed, with its own remote control so you don't even have to get out of bed to switch it on or off! The bathroom and shower are brand new and extremely clean and the dorm itself is really big and spacious. The down side is that there isn't much privacy in the dorm, but as I was staying with all girls, this wasn't a problem. Also, there is no key to lock the main room of the door but as Nid's is pretty far from the main tourist area, security isn't an issue! And plus, everyone has their own safety box to keep their valuables in so there's no need to worry about lack of security.
Nid was extremely helpful in arranging trips and travel for me and her family are very welcoming and lovely, except that they are not around a lot of the time! The complimentary breakfast and coffee is a really nice touch and gives a homely feel to the place, in addition to the numerous cats, dogs, rabbits, fish and guinea pigs running around!
The pool is incredible! The water is clean and the pool is a good size and really quiet - perfect if you don't want to spend time at the crowed Chaweng beach and just need a bit of alone time. The location is pretty good, away from the main hustle and bustle of the walking street, but close enough to walk there every day. The only down side is that walking back to Nid's at night is a little scary if travelling alone as a single female as its rather deserted and there are no lights to guide you back.
All in all, Nid's is an extremely lovely place to stay and I would definitely come back and stay here if I was in Koh Samui again! Thank you for your kind hospitality Nid and family! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nid's Bungalows is family-owned and managed, offering cool, private and tasteful accommodation in the Thai-style, located centrally on the shore of Chaweng Lake in the Chaweng Beach tourist area, only 10 minutes from Samui airport and 5 minutes from Chaweng Beach. To serve the international traveller, Nid's Bungalows offers a range of accommodation options, from new and superior levels of accommodation to a new and spacious 8-bunk Dorm for the solo traveller or value-conscious group. Nid has made the lush gardens around the bungalows and swimming pool a feature of the Resort. The Resort offers a large lap pool and sun deck, bar and games area, free WiFi and laundry facilities. Guests who stay with us are able to share Nid's love of animals, gardening and cooking. We make every effort to consider the environment by careful use of electricity and resources, and we grow some of our own vegetables and herbs where possible. Nid loves and takes care of many animals and, if you wish, you can make friends with them during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Nid's Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nid`s Bungalows Hotel Chaweng
- Nid's Bungalows Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand