“What a disappointment”

Ranked #41 of 201 Restaurants in Chaweng
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Thai, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Nestled between Samui's native tropical flora upon a hilltop in Chaweng Noi, the award winning restaurant overlooks the expansive crystal blue waters of the island. These breathtaking uninterrupted views are just one small part that makes up the overall 5 star experience Dr Frogs offers.Delicious and imaginative cuisine sets Dr Frogs apart from the rest - the menu is a perfect balance - offering diners both authentic Italian and traditional Thai cuisine. An extensive wine list combining new and old world wines, only further complements your day or evening meal.Outstanding cuisine, breathtaking surroundings and friendly staff - Dr Frogs will undoubtedly be the most memorable and delicious dining experience your will encounter in Koh Samui.
Reviewed May 24, 2013

As some people have said: never go to places which advertise highly! We went there very early for dinner so there were not many tables full. But still, the service was non existent. The girls preferred to chat with each other and not only once has my water glass been filled up. We had pasta and pizza. The pasta was really bad, the pizza was good. It gets points only for location. Would not return there.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,162)

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Food was average...maybe expectations were too high. Having said that, the view was stunning. My husband had a pizza which I thought was good.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Last night I went for the second time to Dr. Frogs with 5 people in total. My previous visit six months ago had been unimpressive to say the least and last night confirmed this. Our reservation that had been confirmed by email was apparently lost. The food was mediocre, the service was quite poor because the waitresses were more interested in talking all the time to the kitchen staff instead of attending the guests. On top of that the price was ridiculous in function of what was being served. We paid nearly double of what we had recently paid for comparable dishes in a nice restaurant in Paris, where the food was much better. There are much better restaurants on Koh Samui for less than half the price.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

I love food and especially Italian.
This restaurant has a fabulous view but the food was inedible.
I ordered calamari which was sent back - I could not cut into it with my teeth or a knife, it was like rubber. I ordered lasagne - it was cold, dry, and old with layers of pasta and a teaspoon of meat. One mouthfull and I sent it back to the kitchen as well. . My husband ordered putanesca - that too was returned uneaten. We paid the bill and left no apology from the chef or staff.
NEVER AGAIN it was the only bad meal we had in 10 days in Koh Samui

1  Thank APP560
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We went there for lunch and ordered fried crab meat, prawn cakes, grilled chicken satay and since they publish it so badly, pizza. We had the homemade Italian sausage pizza and that was good indeed.
The Thai dishes were very good as well except for the fried crab meet dish which is having this vegetable in it which cannot identify right now but it's taste was way too strong for crab meat.

Service was slow which was the actual turn off here. Two dishes were served first and we needed to ask for rice that was ordered but didn't come. Then twenty minutes after we finished the first food, the remaining came but only after we asked the waitress to check on the status of our order.