Bhundhari Spa Resort & Villas Samui
Nora Buri Resort & Spa(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$158
$144
Agoda.com
OZO Chaweng Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$116
$97
OZOHotels.com
Impiana Resort Chaweng Noi(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$88
$70
Agoda.com
Nora Beach Resort and Spa(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$122
$114
Agoda.com
Baan Talay Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$94
$61
Agoda.com
Amari Koh Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$138
$117
Amari.com
$43
$36
Hotels.com
Samui Resotel Beach Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$128
$63
The Sarann(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$119
$75
Agoda.com
Chaba Cabana Beach Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$82
$67
Trip.com
All reviewsdeluxe pool villatuk tukchaweng beachsteep hillkoh samuiour honeymoonocean viewshower areabeach sidemain restaurantpool barprivate beachrelaxing staythe main roadwelcome drinknight lifebabu
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 7, 2010

Koh Samui – Bhundhari Spa Resort. Very clean with warm and friendly staff. The location, once we were familiar with the area is really very good. The rooms are very nicely designed. We had a De Luxe Sea View Villa with Rain Shower and Sunken Bath. Very nice and we found the bed especially comfortable. We stayed for ten nights and spent most of our time in the resort which we found very relaxing. For this part of our holiday we just needed to relax and re charge our batteries. Our favourite time of day was happy hour cocktails around the pool. We really enjoyed this experience. It felt just like s second honeymoon.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank allyc25
Reviewed November 21, 2010

We loved our room. We felt we got a pretty sweet deal, we first stayed at a beachfront villa but once found out the the beach isn't all that great we moved to a hilltop villa which had a much better view. it was a steep climb so thank god there is a little buggy to cart you up and down. the hotel is a 10min drive from all the liveliness of the town so we rented a scooter that they brought to our hotel. So this isn't the best location or a great option if you need easy access to a nice beach. The room had it's own private dipping pool which added that extra wow factor. However we didn't mind so much, the scooter came in very handy and the hotel food and service was excellent, you must try the coffee. There are a lot of mosquitoes though.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Bubblescope
Reviewed November 21, 2010

Great experience overall. We were blown away by the scale of our room - a two storey Seaview the Club. The panoramic view was spectacular, right from our bedroom, to the jacuzzi bath to the private pool. We enjoyed the privileges offered while staying at the Club such as cocktails, light snacks, which was perfect given that we were stranded on some days due to the strong rains and floods.

The service was impeccable, from the service staff who greeted us at our late night arrival to the staff at the restaurant where we had our breakfast. The staff surprised my partner with a birthday cake during our breakfast, which was a real treat. We were also treated to a sumptuous dinner, of our catch of the day - caught during our fishing trip! The chef did a fabulous job of transforming our catch into four uniquely Thai-styled dishes.

It was overall, a relaxing and pleasurable experience staying at this resort. The service quality, the attentiveness to details, and the beautiful surroundings that the resort is wonderfully nested are excellent. We certainly missed the friendly smiles of the staff, and the beautiful place, and had already made plans to return soon.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank leow_xiaoxiao
Reviewed November 5, 2010

I booked through the official website, received confirmation of booking by return.
I e-mailed the hotel to acknowledge their confirmation, they replied. so far so good.
No-one to meet me at airport as arranged, after half an hour took a taxi to the hotel.
They had no record of booking or the e-mails we had exchanged. Reception staff asked me if I was sure I had booked, when I told them about the booking confirmation and e-mails they asked me to produce copies, I asked to use their computer and showed them, they asked me to forward copies to another e-mail address which arrived on another computer 20 metres away!
They asked me to complete a registration document but offered neither an apology or welcome to the hotel. When I asked about the possibility of upgrading my room to compensate I was told it would not be possible, I asked to speak to the manager but was told he wasn't at the hotel (10.30pm) so I asked who was in charge and was told no-one could help and that I should see the manager in the morning.
When I said that I would not stay if no-one was willing to take ownership they telephoned the manager and told me that he apologized and would agree to my request to upgrade from a deluxe room to a villa. The hotel web site was offering pool villas instead of ordinary villas so I asked if this was possible, they rang the manager again and told me that he said "no." They would refund my taxi fare or upgrade to a villa - not both.
The reception staff need training in customer service issues and perhaps be reminded that Thailand is the land of smiles.
I transferred to another hotel, when I asked for the taxi fare they kindly took me in the hotel car. (it was almost midnight by now) Perhaps it would have turned out differently if the manager had chosen to speak to me directly.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank manorom
VoytekBrs, General Manager at Bhundhari Spa Resort & Villas Samui, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2010

Dear reviewer,
Thank you for your review. We do apologize for this misunderstanding. The reservation officer mistakenly did not enter your name on the arrival list, consequently we did not pick you from the airport and we did not have your name at that time when you arrived.
I absolutely agree that our Front Office Manager should at least talk to you directly to resolve this problem. However our staff offered you a free upgrade to Deluxe Villa as a token of our apology and compensation for the inconvenience caused.
I therefore once again, would like to take this opportunity and apologize for this unfortunate error.

Reviewed November 5, 2010

I had the fortune to stay in the Bhundhari Spa Resort in the last week of October 2010. The hotel is situated just up from the main resort of Chaweng Beach. In my opinion this was a blessing. There was a shuttle bus that runs from the hotel but personally I prefered to stay slightly out of it as the main resort was a bit like an Aussie costa del sol. I much prefered the smaller resort (400 baht in a taxi) of Bohput. Lots of local restaurants, not oz or English pub clones, offering good food and a fantastic view on the beachfront.

The hotel was all we expected. We paid for a deluxe pool villa which gave us a pool, own decking area, jacuzzi etc. All nice fixtures and fittings. Also dressing gowns, slippers etc (but no pipe). Very good. We also were members of 'the club' - this entitled us to our own 'club pool', free soft drinks, water, tea/coffee, snacks during the day and free alocholic drinks 5.30 to 7pm before dinner. Also it entitle you to 10% off the spa - mention this when booking as they don't ask. The spa treatments were very good and relaxing as well.

On the first night my partner, who's vegetarian, was a little disappointed to see two main vergetarian dishes on the menu but lots of thai dishes which you could choose to have with chicken, pork or beef (but not fish). We mentioned it to the hotel and they arranged for the Executive chef Shaun to meet us and discuss. From that night on he would meet us in the bar and cook special dishes for my girlfriend each night. Can't pormise this will happen to others - but we were really impressed by the restaurant and the standard of food and its presentation. First class !! Thanks Shaun.

In addition, when we were there the hotel was running a deal whereby if you paid 10,000 baht to your hotel room, they would credit it as 15,000 baht (approx you pay £200 to get £300). This was non refundable but could be used to pay for bar bills, restaurants and also treatments in the Spa. A bit of a no brainer and very worthwhile, especially if you want to try out the spa facilities and the many treatments on offer.

We were overall very impressed with the hotel and its facilites and would recommend to others!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
6  Thank LordPenge
VoytekBrs, General Manager at Bhundhari Spa Resort & Villas Samui, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2010

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your time to write your review with comments from your stay with us. It is very much appreciated indeed.