Bhundhari Spa Resort & Villas Samui
$373
LuxuryCollection
Nora Buri Resort & Spa(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$158
$144
Agoda.com
Dara Samui Beach Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$93
$63
Trip.com
  • Pool
$23
$19
$38
$36
Impiana Resort Chaweng Noi(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$88
$71
Agoda.com
Nora Beach Resort and Spa(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$121
$114
Agoda.com
Baan Talay Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$94
$61
Agoda.com
Muang Samui Spa Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$235
$210
  • Breakfast included
Buri Rasa Village Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$250
$210
Agoda.com
All reviewsdeluxe pool villatuk tukchaweng beachsteep hillkoh samuiour honeymoonocean viewshower areabeach sidemain restaurantpool barprivate beachrelaxing staythe main roadwelcome drinknight lifebabu
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 29, 2010

A fantastic hotel, beautiful rooms, we stayed in a delux villa with a sea view. the staff were very friendly, pools great, perfect temperature.cant wait to go back to koh samui!!!

4  Thank ktlong
Reviewed April 28, 2010

We stayed at the Bhundhari after two nights in Bangkok and it was the perfect beach holiday, although the political situation in the City was still peaceful at the time. We wanted to celebrate our recent engagement and found this hotel and its staff to be fantastic. In particular, the Manager Voytek, Wat the Maitre d', Shaun the Chef, the wedding planner ( didn't catch name ) and in general all the staff we met on a daily basis. We were always recognised and our favourite drinks remembered. They helped us to arrange a tour of the Island, well worth doing. We were also invited to a Cocktail evening during the only two days of un-seasonal weather, ending with them laying up a table just for us on the seafront so we could try their Lobster dish.

The food was amazing and unusually for us, we ate there every night bar one. We'd taken the courtesy bus in to Chaweng - never again, this place still has its roots in back packer land and is filthy. The resort has plenty of variety in its restaurants, only regret is that I didn't book the Thai cooking lesson with the Chef... I so want the recipes! We would recommend the Pad Thai, Beef Massaman and the deep fried chicken with garlic.

The resort is built on a hillside and the plus point of this is that you get to work off all the gorgeous food. If it's too much effort they have golf buggies to help. The private beach has enough sunbeds to make it feel like it's your own and there are enough beds by all the pools stragetically placed so you don't feel like a herd of sheep.

We stayed in a Deluxe room and it was in a good location to get a sea view from the balcony. The room was spacious and well laid out, with a good sized wet room, including a sunken bath with a private view from the window opposite. The air con was noisy, obviously in competition with the frogs outside to see who can be the loudest, but the large beds are enough to give you a good nights rest.

The spa is worth a visit, especially the 'couples massage' in the same room... not as dodgy as it sounds!

Overall we wouldn't have wanted to be anywhere else to celebrate our special occassion. Walk along the beach to the right and you'll see the comparasion, the Bhundhari stands out as definitely being the best and at the right end of Chaweng. If you're looking for a quiet, well run, friendly and relaxing beach holiday that lives up to its five stars, then this is the resort for you.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Hello-treacle
Reviewed April 27, 2010

My husband and I found this hotel very disappointing. We stayed at the deluxe villa. We found that there isn't much privacy as all villas are very close to each other. There are many mosiquitos as soon as I step out from the villa. The air-con in our room is very noisy. I am not sure if other have the similar situation. The service of the hotel staffs are very slow but have good altitude. It takes a long time to inquire or get things done. Brace yourself to wait, wait and wait. We waited almost an hour to finish our check in and at least 45 minute to finish check out process.

2  Thank wongmaisy
Reviewed April 24, 2010

Initially, I don't have a plan to write a hotel review but after reading recent few reviews, I doubt that some of the points they mentioned were completely unfair to the hotel.

My room was directly booked from hotel web site. I was given quite a good offer in staying at the Luxary Ocean view pool villa. And so far the staff replied the email quickly and so efficient.

From the moment you arrived to hotel, you will be impressed by its decor. And even I check-in 3 hours early than the normal check-in time, staff do the procedure quickly and welcome us with a cold herbal drink. And what a really surpise is they upgrade my room to Royal pool villa.

I have to say the whole hotel have a very good seaview. Even there is a construction site next to the hotel, I couldnot hear any noice during my stay. The room inside is huge. Air-con is quiet. And the queen bed is really fantastic. My girlfriend and I have a very good sleep every night.

This resort is situated on a steep hill. But all staff are willing to drive you to the hotel by Golf car. Well. Some of the services are not as good as the other international five star hotel. But at least I can see that they do try their best to make your stay happy.

Please see the photo. They tell the truth.
(There are few mosquito in my room. But not many.)

5  Thank Lucyfish
Reviewed April 15, 2010

Have just returned from a week at the Bhundhari resort. We’ve travelled extensively and this was our 5th trip to Thailand, 2nd time to Koh Samui. The Bhundhari has so much potential including a great location, beautiful views and some really nice facilities. However, I won’t be going back to the Bhundhari. Here are the reasons why:

1. Our airport transfer (provided by Bhundhari) was late – to the point where we were some of the last passengers standing in the airport (about 25 minutes after landing).
2. When we arrived at the resort, we were told that there would be a short wait as our room was not ready. While we were offered a drink in the Club Lounge, when I requested a cocktail I was told that the choice of drink was juice or water. That was fine, but after waiting 1.5 hours for our room to be prepared, we were thoroughly sick of juice and water, there was nothing to do in the Club Lounge (no reading material, internet access for Lounge members only). There was no communication during the entire 1.5 hours as to what the delay was, and when it would be likely that our room would be ready.
3. When we finally got to our room, we were given a welcome letter with a key. The welcome letter was addressed to 2 people, neither of whom were my husband or me. The same thing happened when we were leaving, as our bill was addressed to 2 other completely different people – they could stuff this up twice in 6 days?? Also, there were empty shampoo bottles in the shower and a beer can in the kitchen area.
4. Despite the website claiming construction next door would be complete by 31 March, it was very evident on 4 April that this construction site is nowhere near finished. My husband is in the construction industry and he estimated completion would take a further 9 months at least. The construction went from 8am – 6pm 7 days a week, complete with jack-hammering, demolition works and a “whistle” that played 4 times a day to round up the workers – all very audible from our room. So if you want a quiet, relaxed holiday on Koh Samui during 2010, don’t choose Bhundhari.
5. Room service (fried rice) took an hour to be delivered.
6. I requested a new pillow – it took 3 days to arrive.
7. We ate The Bay restaurant on the first night. We ordered one appetiser and one main course. It took nearly an hour for the food to arrive, and when it did, both courses were delivered together and both were nearly cold. This is despite the chef allegedly hailing from the Burj al Arab – having lived in the Middle East, I can’t imagine the Arabs tolerating cold food after an hour’s wait! The music is also dreadful – a “muzak” type CD on constant replay every night.
8. None of the staff understand/speak English very well, including the front desk staff which is problematic. Now, I certainly don’t expect Thais to speak my language merely because I happen to be in their country, however I think it’s important that in the tourism/hospitality industry that there is at least a handful of people at the hotel who can speak English.
9. We paid for a “Club Room” as we were interested in enjoying a pre-dinner cocktail each evening. Only one problem – no cocktails at the cocktail hour! Meagre finger food during cocktail hour, a “full English afternoon tea” which consists solely of mini scones, biscuits and a cup of tea, don’t bother with the Club Lounge unless you want to drink (bad) wine for free between 5.30-7.00pm. On the positive side, the Club Lounge waitress, “Oil”, was fantastic and the most helpful person we encountered during our stay.
10. By far the worst thing about the Bhundhari is it’s affiliation with Absolute World (a well-known holiday club/timeshare scam – search “Absolute World” in Thailand/Hong Kong posts for further info). Basically, Absolute World grab you off the street in Chaweng on the premise that you have “won” a laptop/camera/cruise/US $1000 – what you actually “win” is the opportunity to be fleeced of a substantial amount of money, after being stuck with a fast-talking expat Brit for 3 hours who takes you to the Bhundhari to show you an example of the accommodation you can expect to receive with their so-called unbeatable offer (which is all a lie as the whole thing is a scam). Unfortunately poor unsuspecting victims of the scam are paraded through the Bhundhari by their tout at all hours of the day, given a free drink or even breakfast at The Bay restaurant, unaware of the impending hard-sell they will face when they return to the offices of Absolute World. On at least 4 occasions victims of the scam were sitting next to us at breakfast at The Bay restaurant – I obejct to having to sit through breakfast (which is sub-standard at best) listening to people being blatantly scammed by Absolute World touts.

These things might not bother some people. But when you have experienced the outstanding hospitality of Thai hotels, even 3-star hotels, we found the Bhundhari to be lacking in most areas although still holding itself out as a “4.5 star resort”. We went to dinner at the restaurant at the Bandara resort, and the service there left the Bhundhari for dead.

We had previously stayed at Sala Samui and I would not hesitate to recommend it. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same about Bhundhari.

5  Thank TobermoryTheCat