“Excellent.”

Queen Boutique Hotel
Ranked #32 of 68 Chaweng B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 27, 2013

My boyfriend and I spent ten days in Koh Samui. After sleeping in an absolute dump one block away (the z hotel), we found the Queen Boutique the next morning. Rooms are CLEAN, and despite what the lonely planet book says about unfriendly service, we were so impressed with the staff. We were offered coffee every morning, complimentary fruit, and drinks are also available in the evening. This hotel is great value for your money, and is in a nice quiet location.. A short five minute walk from the beach and about a fifteen minute walk from the main shopping along Chaweng. Staff is helpful in booking taxis and day trips!

• Stayed: January 2013

Reviewed December 7, 2012

For our first 4 nights in Samui we endured a bungalow/shed on the beach. Before travelling to Krabi we spent our last night in Queen Boutique Palace. We drove upto Chaweng from Bophut on our moped and stopped at several hotels to ask about availability and prices. We stopped looking once we got to Queen Boutique. We were shown 3 different rooms, all at different prices, eventually choosing a double room with fridge, safe, TV And AC for 600 baht a night. We had been paying 1000 baht a night for a hut with geckos and no hot water. Sometimes just walking into a place can get you a great deal. The hotel was relatively empty as most guests were at Phangan for the full moon party. The room was luxurious with 24 hour security in the lobby, making us feel very safe and relaxed. The hotel is at the beginning of the strip of Chaweng. We had a moped so travelling up and down the strip was easy, however by foot I reckon it's probably an hour or so long. Hundreds of shops and bars. The location was great for us and I would highly recommend. Beach huts are an experience but the luxury of Queens Boutique was much more appealing.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Natasha T
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We stayed 4 days of our honeymoon in Koh Samui. I don't understand how can people can give 5 stars to this hotel!
First, the room has no windows. Only the few rooms that have street view have the chance to see the daylight. In addition, the lights in the room were not all working, so it was dark in the day.
Then, there was an awfull smell in the room! I don't know if was the air conditioning, but we felt like sleeping in public toilets.
The sheets were not clean, they had holes and spots.. I had to put a shirt on my pilow to sleep.
The bathroom was clean.
The breakfast: a slice of bread, butter, jam, tea/coffee and a fruit.
The location is correct, at the edge of the commercial street, have to walk 20 minutes to get to bars& restaurants and 10 minutes to get to the beach.

Anyway, all I can remeber from my staying the the smell of the room. A nightmare!

Room Tip: ask for a front room with windows, maybe it will smell less bad.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We loved our stay at Queen Boutique, we'd read about it in the lonely planet guide and when we arrived and saw the rooms we were not dissapointed. The price is so good and you get a lot for your money so we were happy. They come to clean the room every day. The bed was huge and so comfortable and there is a fridge and cable tv in the room. We rented a bike off them too which was all fine and the staff are very friendly - especially the night manager who did not speak english but was so so polite! Absolutely nothing to complain about! Loved our stay here.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I stayed at the Queen Boutique hotel in Chaweng (Koh Samui) for 3 nights mid July 2012. It took a while to the young taxi driver to find the place... When I arrived though, I was glad that the hotel was situated a little bit further away from the center where all the action is happening at night, otherwise it would have been really noisy.

My stay was perfect! The owner was amazing and very helpful, I had a great room, it was big and very clean. My breakfast was included and it was made by the owner herself! She even cooked me breakfast at 6:45 in the morning the day I was doing a day trip to Ang Thong Marine park (day trip that I've booked with her and that I also strongly recommand to do!)

I also booked my Lomprayah Boat tickets to Koh Phangan through the hotel including a pick-up service, I got there a little too early especially since the boat was delayed 2hours, but It's better to be there earlier than too late.

I would definitely recommand staying at this hotel eventhough I didn't really like the Chaweng area. Too noisy and commercial. I went there for the beach, apparently the most beautiful beach on the Island, and it was indeed beautiful, especially not too far from the hotel. Further away near the bars (Ark Bar) it was getting dirty and not as beautiful.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

Good:
1.Reception speak good English and is very friendly and helpful.
2. Air con very cold
3. Modern feel to hotel if needs a spruce up.
4. Felt secure and location had plus points as out of the thick of it.

Bad:
1. Location - you have to walk past about hundred people trying to get you to taxi or eat before you get to centre. Beaches are all shielded by expensive resorts. Reps and taxis are too pushy and if you're friendly they either try and con you or involve you in illegal activity.
2. The room had been left 'clean' for long enough that a large cockroach died and was on the floor. Room should be checked, basics. Spoilt a night's sleep.plus had more bites in one night than I had in 6 weeks elsewhere.
3. There was no WiFi in room despite this having been a deal breaker although attempts were made to fix problem.
4. TV channels turned off in the night.
5. Night porter speaks no English.
6. Pigeons nesting in roof cooing at 6am.

If you're reading this then I can't help think there are better options to visit full stop but as hotels go aside from my own personal experience you'll probably be okay here.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Stayed here in April 2012 as a Couple, discovered this hotel through Lonely Planet. First impressions were extremely clean(potentially obsessively clean - which is not a bad thing) and quiet which did not change over the 4 nights we stayed. The room was large, although the only window was in the Bathroom. The beach is near but its still a five minute walk as their is no direct route. The main strip is just seconds from the hotel and the main cluster of bars and restaurants are just up the road. Shops and massage parlours are also just on that main strip, just seconds away.

Whilst the hotel was very quiet, the walls seemed very thin and we could hear our neighbours, on occasion, quite clearly(with some noises sounding as if they were coming from within our room).

We booked our Lomprayah Boat tickets to Koh Phangan through the hotel which included a pick-up service, and on our departure unfortunately there was some sort of mix-up which we can not attribute as the hotel or the boat company's fault. Which was quite stressful but all was sorted out in the end and we made our boat with seconds to spare after a death ride in the pick-up service.

All in all, although Koh Samui wasn't our favourite island, if we were ever to return there, we would quite happily return to the Queen's Boutique Place and would recommend it to anyone who was going to visit Koh Samui.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple