“Friendly & helpful but needs some TLC”

Queen Boutique Hotel
Ranked #34 of 68 Chaweng B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

Good:
1.Reception speak good English and is very friendly and helpful.
2. Air con very cold
3. Modern feel to hotel if needs a spruce up.
4. Felt secure and location had plus points as out of the thick of it.

Bad:
1. Location - you have to walk past about hundred people trying to get you to taxi or eat before you get to centre. Beaches are all shielded by expensive resorts. Reps and taxis are too pushy and if you're friendly they either try and con you or involve you in illegal activity.
2. The room had been left 'clean' for long enough that a large cockroach died and was on the floor. Room should be checked, basics. Spoilt a night's sleep.plus had more bites in one night than I had in 6 weeks elsewhere.
3. There was no WiFi in room despite this having been a deal breaker although attempts were made to fix problem.
4. TV channels turned off in the night.
5. Night porter speaks no English.
6. Pigeons nesting in roof cooing at 6am.

If you're reading this then I can't help think there are better options to visit full stop but as hotels go aside from my own personal experience you'll probably be okay here.

• Stayed: June 2012

Reviewed April 16, 2012

Stayed here in April 2012 as a Couple, discovered this hotel through Lonely Planet. First impressions were extremely clean(potentially obsessively clean - which is not a bad thing) and quiet which did not change over the 4 nights we stayed. The room was large, although the only window was in the Bathroom. The beach is near but its still a five minute walk as their is no direct route. The main strip is just seconds from the hotel and the main cluster of bars and restaurants are just up the road. Shops and massage parlours are also just on that main strip, just seconds away.

Whilst the hotel was very quiet, the walls seemed very thin and we could hear our neighbours, on occasion, quite clearly(with some noises sounding as if they were coming from within our room).

We booked our Lomprayah Boat tickets to Koh Phangan through the hotel which included a pick-up service, and on our departure unfortunately there was some sort of mix-up which we can not attribute as the hotel or the boat company's fault. Which was quite stressful but all was sorted out in the end and we made our boat with seconds to spare after a death ride in the pick-up service.

All in all, although Koh Samui wasn't our favourite island, if we were ever to return there, we would quite happily return to the Queen's Boutique Place and would recommend it to anyone who was going to visit Koh Samui.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lankeymarlon
Reviewed March 15, 2012

the rooms are beautifuly designed and so is the hotel. we paid 890 bht per night. the hotel is not far from the beach, but some 20 minutes walk from town center. there are computers with internet for free use. the sheets had stains on them, and my room had no windows, which i find depressing. because of that, and the poor location, i would say it is slightly overpriced.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank eilonmorav
Reviewed January 21, 2012

Thank you to the Lady in charge of the hotel, she is helpful and pleasant.
The daytime receptionist tried to get me in trouble with a Tour I booked with a private company, because he couldn't get any commission on this Tour.

He took the decision to cancelled the same day my Tour, he called the agent and spoke thai to him so I couldn't understand what he was saying and then try to convince me to choose one of theirs.

So the agent in charge of the booking called me back and asked me ,why I decided to cancel I was confused, didn't understand the situation. Finally, someone picked me up so I could go to my Tour.
Simple rooms, a lot of ants in the rooms, we had to change 2 times.
First, noisy streets
Second, the shower was licking and the A/C was dripping.

If the Lady is over there in the morning, you will have breakfast.
If he is the daytime receptionnist No chance to get breakfast,
even fruits Nothing, he barely knows how to prepare a cup of coffee.

This B and B is not expensive , don't expect anything special.
You can rent some scooters for 2oo bahts a day.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back if not you won't sleep.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Andrealise
Reviewed January 18, 2012

I just finished a wonderful 2 week stay at this great little hotel. The owner, Pudasee, is a friendly and wonderful owner. She buzzes around the hotel making sure everyone has what they need. The rest of the staff are as friendly and kind as the owner. They made sure my room was cleaned and stocked with water everyday.
Located on the southern end of Chawang it was perfect to get to and from other areas of the island.
I'll be back again later this year.

Room Tip: the front rooms get to hear the happy Australians partying across the street at the Walkabout Grill
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Thoughtfully designed rooms, spotlessly clean, 10 mins from beach (you can always hire a scooter for £3 and day if that's too far). Helpful staff, Very good value. (No pool, no fitness centre - but I wasn't expecting one)

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 16, 2011

Everyone has been most accommodating in this very clean and comfort oriented hotel The only downside is that it is a block off the ocean

• Stayed: November 2011