“Perfect tasteful food, very good service with a smile”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Le Scalette - CLOSED

Le Scalette
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Schalkhaar
“Perfect tasteful food, very good service with a smile”
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Le Scalette is a little Italian restaurant (Chaweng beach road , opposite Iyara clock tower/Krungsi bank).
We visited Le Scalette three times in february 2012. All times the food was perfect, very tasteful and resonable priced (try by example: the fish fillet with the sauce of asparges).
The service was also very good. Especially the Birmese waitress Bho makes you smile every time.
Eating is possible inside and outside.

• Visited February 2012

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Very nice Italian”
Reviewed September 19, 2011

I visited Le Scalette after seeing it being reviewed by so many italians on Tripadvisor and I wasn't dissapointed.

The night I went, there were several Italian familes dining and the staff were all Italian too.

The food was great and the service was very good too :)

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank portex
Los Angeles
“Cosi Cosi”
Reviewed September 6, 2011

Yes, I've said it. I love the fact, that the menu is written in Italian and in English, but, sorry, I've had better. I am a foodie. It may seem a bit snobbish,but,then again perhaps, it's just difficult to find the right ingredients ?And yet, my friend and I still went for it. It's a small place which was hard to find by the way. It's not anywhere close to "Bo Phut" so be sure to ask for the correct directions. Once your there, with the little knowledge I know in Italian, we were greeted by Thai female staff who spoke more "Italian" than English.. at any rate, the food was "so so." Of course, I've had wonderful dining experiences in Italy so, I lowered my expectations. Spaghetti ai Frutti de Mare was "al dente(firm to the tooth)" but what happened to the overuse of "sale(salt)?" And my Branzino (Seabass) was not crispy on the outside but a bit soggy, potatoes were slightly cold upon arrival. One note I could suggest is a small side of spinach. I can not speak for my friend's dish. I'm sure he will express his own opinions. Now, the flip side is that their wine list was decent. But, we decided not to order any that night. I love the concept of keeping it cosy and a casual joint with great staff but, I give it a 3.5 out of 5 stars. I'll give it another perhaps on the next trip?? Gotta think about it til then......

• Visited September 2011
Milan, Italy
“Excellent Italian food, good quality-price, excellent service”
Reviewed August 22, 2011

i've been there on aug. 2011 with my husband. roberto 1 and roberto 2 (both with the same name) were born in rome and prepare some dishes typical of the Rome's food specialties. kind and always atentive to service and food quality. water and fresh and raw vegetables can be aeaten without problems since they use dringking water to preapre their dishes. I highly reccomend this restaurant for all dishes (first,s econd courses, fish, meat and the exquisite hand-made desserts)

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank Laura B
“Cosy place and local italian taste”
Reviewed September 1, 2010

Cosy place and local italian taste