“If you have booked this hotel please book another!”
Review of Nora Chaweng Hotel

Nora Chaweng Hotel
Ranked #53 of 104 Hotels in Chaweng
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

I was really worried about coming to this hotel with my 5 friends because of the reviews but I thought I'd give it a go, wrong choice! After staying at such a lovely hotel in patong, this place is like the slumps of koh samui and ruined our stay here as we will not return. Firsty the place stinks, especially our room and bathroom, there were dirty underwear left on the balcony from the previous people, your not allowed to leave your air con on when you go for a walk so they only give you one key, the breakfast was HORRIBLE even though it was included we went and payed somewhere else outside. The staff would not let 2 of my friends get a room with two single beds as they are two boys in stead it was going to be $45 Australian a night to have a fold out bed! There is mould all on the walls behind our bed and on the curtains, stains all on the carpet in the Hallway, the bed is rock solid, compared to our friends beds that where okay. Our view is looking into people's houses. And our friends Bed sheets had someone else's blood on them (yuck!). All in all if your staying here please look somewhere else and don't ruin your stay.

• Stayed: January 2013

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I stayed at this motel with my husband a while ago. There was mould and broken tiles in the bathroom, cigarette butt's on the outside of the window, stains and ripped bedding. The floor we were staying on smelt bad like urine/sewage. On the stair well was a fold up bed covered in mould. The buffet breakfast was just terrible and I refused to eat there. The motel in general is very run down. The service from front counter staff was very rude. My advice is don't stay at this motel. There are lovely motel's within walking distance of this motel, go there instead.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 17, 2013

When I booked this hotel I was not informed that if I come in with a friend I need to pay the hotel 1000 baht, just to get them in. it was very unfurtunate and embarresing for me.
on top off that, the service was disspicable and the worse that I have had in all of my life long hotel stays...
the staff does not speak english end are not very friendly.
to make long story short - not woth the money, not worth to spend your vacation in this hotel!!!

• Stayed: January 2013
Kwanchai S, Manager at Nora Chaweng Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2013

Greetings from Nora Chaweng Hotel,
Thank you for your review. I had to think hard before answering this review as it troubles me greatly. I will not give any defensive reply but I will replay. Firstly the fact is the guest wasn’t happy so it means we failed. This cannot be changed and for this we are really sorry and we would like to apologies for any inconvenience caused during your stay. However I did speak to entire team in our hotel and my information and feedbacks regarding your recent stay are different. Therefore I hope you will read this respond and will contact me shortly on my email address om@norabeachresort.com where I would like to hear your side of story.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed January 12, 2013

I made a reservation through Sawadee,com after reading here in Tripadvisor . I saw that there were no good reviews but read the answers of the Hotel about changing stuff and thought I will give it a go . I was asking to pick me up while making my reservation but no one showed up ! I ended taking a taxi for 400 baht to the Hotel. When I arrived the woman showed me that Sawadee wrot e - no- pick up but they had my flight details . I asked the lady why should I write my flight details for no reason but she just said it's not her fault and gave me Sawadee phone no without any help or anything to make me feel better after this upsetting experience . The room was looking old,not well maintained and water came out of the toilet . I didn't feel like asking for another room after I saw the way that she treated me . After all I came for a holiday and not for a battle. cleaning the rooms was very late .
Mattress was hard but not that bad. Internet is great and location ,if you love Chaweng, it is a great spot .
The stuff are OK but most of them do not understand English and it is hard to cmmunicate . Smiles are not helping when you ask questions and need help .

I was there in Jan 07 till the 09th January 2013 after reading the management answers and thought that things are better - I was wrong. it wasn't worth it for that price . Will not come back to this place

Room Tip: I was at the second floor and didn't like the room
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Kwanchai S, Manager at Nora Chaweng Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Greetings from Nora Chaweng Hotel,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at Nora Chaweng. I hope that you had a pleasant return journey.

Your invaluable feedback is very important to ensure that we continually deliver high standards of service and accommodation at Nora Chaweng. I was concerned to read that on this occasion we did not meet your expectations.

I have noted your overall experience and feedback regarding to the poor service, quality of rooms and generally the way that you have been treated. This is certainly not the level of service that we used to be renowned for. I'm glad that you notice that has been some changes, however I’m very disappointed to read that there are still things which are not follow by Nora Group policy and standards. I would like to ensure you that we will take immediate action to improve them. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused during your stay. I know it's too late, but i hope you will accept it.

I would like to inform that starting from tomorrow they will be several rooms closed for deep cleaning and renovation. It will not affect any guest!!!
At the same time, all our staff will be provide by training to ensure that this kind of things will never happened again. I have already prepared manual for all our staff at Nora Chaweng and will be personally involved on all of them for next few weeks.

I do hope that you will read this respond and therefore I would kindly ask you to send me an email to om@norabeachresort.com

Overall We are sorry that your experience wasn't the best. I hope within next couple weeks there will be no another mistakes from our side and our entire guest will enjoy a memorable stay at Nora Chaweng.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I liked this hotel and would return if it was properly maintained and cleaned. First impressions were very good with a modern spacious lobby and very courteous and friendly staff.
The room we were given was well appointed but smelt of smoke.The shower curtain was dirty and the bathroom mouldy. The bin in the bathroom was rusty and had marked the floor. The beautiful curtains needed to be properly hung.The carpets in the hallways were stained and dirty. These details are so easy to fix and would make a huge difference.
On the up side, the very obliging and friendly staff kindly moved us to another room which did not smell so much and supplied a cleaner shower curtain.(This room had much the same detail and maintenance issues as the first.) The beds were comfortable and the rooms spacious. The pool is good as it is out of the hot sun. The hotel is in a great position close to the beach and eateries and stores.
We just loved the 79 baht cocktails which were served out front of the hotel- great spot for people watching. Again the staff were wonderful. I am pleased to read that the the Nora management has recently recognised the many issues and problems and plans to make improvements from Dec 2012.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Kwanchai S, Manager at Nora Chaweng Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Greetings from Nora Chaweng Hotel,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on tripadvisor following your recent stay at Nora Chaweng. I hope you had a pleasant return journey.

I have noted your overall experience and feedback and I have to say I'm glad to hear that you have been satisfied with our Staff efficiency, their friendliness and courtesy. However I also noted your experience with room standard.

We would like to inform our future guest that from 14th of January we are planning to close several rooms and start with deep cleaning and renovation. Within next couple of weeks we are planning to close couple or rooms each week and provide them with total deep cleaning and renovation to increase our standard, same with the carpets in Hallways area. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Thank you once again for sharing your feedback and thereby giving us the opportunity to enhance our quality.

Meanwhile, If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.
om@norabeachresort.com

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Was a little apprehensive because of some of the not-so-good reviews I'd read, but the hotel ended up exceeding my expectations and then some.

The hotel arranged pick-up/drop-off at the airport which smooth and very prompt - the drivers were courteous and friendly. On the last day, they took the initiative to load up our luggage which we had left earlier at the reception before looking for us.

The hotel staff were unfailingly polite and greeted us warmly every time we crossed the lobby. The rooms were spacious and cleaned every day - they gave normal towels and pool towels in the room, and thoughtfully provided umbrellas in every room as well. The breakfast is nothing to shout about, but it's decent enough.

The hotel is located on the main Chaweng strip (a 5 minute walk from the beach), and it's within walking distance of shopping and convenience stores.

Docked a star only because the walls are a little thin so some nights we could hear loud music in the distance so that may be a problem for light sleepers.

Overall, a fantastic stay and I would recommend it to people looking for reasonably-priced accommodation in Samui.

Room Tip: Maybe pick a room on the side that is away from the main street which may be quieter.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Kwanchai S, Manager at Nora Chaweng Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Dear Jamie L.,

Greetins from Nora Chaweng Hotel,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback on tripadvisor following your recent stay at Nora Chaweng Hotel.

We are very appreciate that you had a great time and I will personally share your feedback with entire team on Monday meeting. I must say that i would be also little bit worry if I would have to read such a negative comments on our hotel, however it seems like the entire team understood that the little things make such a huge difference especially in our industry.
We are still in process of improving our quality and standards.

Once again, thank you very much. If I can be any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me on my email address om@norabeachresort.com or our Hotel Manager Mr. Kwanchai, hm@norachawenghotel.com

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed December 10, 2012

I cannot say enough about Nora Chewang. Amazing, helpful and friendly staff who are there 24 hours to help you with anything. The hotel is right on the main Chewang strip but on the quiet end so at night you won’t hear the madness from the bars and night clubs. The restaurant in the hotel delivers great quality food at very reasonable price. Equally great food in neighbouring eateries. The swimming pool is great for an afternoon dip out of the sun and the beach is literally a 5 min or less walk.

There are loads of shops nearby such as 7 Eleven for drinks and snack, cheap laundry and the hotel can also arrange a pick-up service from the peer at a very reasonable price if you arrange beforehand.

We stayed in Koh Samuai for 2 nights and the hotel made our stay perfect. We were really happy with the staff, especially the front desk during the day and on our departure we had a great chat with the Operations Manager for Nora group who was really helpful and attentive.
Thank you Nora Chewang for a making our stay in Koh Samuai great. We will definitely make this our first choice if and when we return.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Greetings from Nora Chaweng Hotel,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback on tripadvisor following your recent stay at Nora Chaweng. I hope you had a pleasant return journey.

I have to say that I'm so happy to write this respond. FINALLYYYYYYYY seems like we are back where we belongs too. I honestly have to say that we have still a lot to improve, but at the same time it's nice to see that we're on the right way.

We are very happy to read that you and your friend enjoyed your visit. Your positive feedback has been shared with the entire team in the hotel and everyone is delighted to see that their efforts are greatly appreciated again.

I would like to announce that we are in the process of changing our Breakfast, Lunch and Room service menu which will be launch in next 10 days. As you could read at previous reviews we had several issues with quality of food, room standards and staff attitude. I really do believe that last couple weeks we' ve put lot of effort to solve these problems and finally we can see first results.

Once again, thank you for sharing your positive feedback and by the way it was my pleasure to chat with you on your last day.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back at Nora Chaweng Hotel.

Meanwhile, if I can be any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Nora Beach Resort & Spa

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chaweng
Iyara Beach Hotel & Plaza
Nora Lakeview Hotel
Nora Lakeview Hotel
#67 of 104 in Chaweng
Marco Polo Resort & Restaurant

Been to Nora Chaweng Hotel? Share your experiences!