“Prego”

Prego Italian Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 191 Restaurants in Chaweng
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The restaurant features an open-air pizza oven complimented by its al fresco-style dining setting, spacious layout and subtle hints of lighting. Chef Marco's passion for his craft only adds to the atmosphere with his displays in, and outside the kitchen, making sure his guests every request is catered to!
Reviewed March 16, 2014

we ordered 2 dishes & wine-
the pasta was great, very delicious.
good service
expensive in terms of thailand

the resterunt is bit loudy

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Awesome food. The gnocchi was devine. I was cautious to eat Italian food in Thailand and my expectations were exceeded. Great food, great service and lovely atmosphere.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

We had a fantastic meal as usual. Chef Marco recommended a tenderloin steak which was cooked to perfection. At the end of the meal we were presented with an anniversary cake brought to our table by the wonderful waitresses.

1  Thank Keith180
Reviewed March 11, 2014

We visited Prego for our wedding anniversary. Our first visit, so we don't have any real wealth of experience with the place, but here's our meal.
My wife has gluten intolerance and Prego has by far the best gluten free pasta that she has ever eaten in Thailand. Very big success.
Personally I ordered a steak, I'm a big steak lover. I can honestly say that it was the worst steak I ever ate, to the point that I left it almost untouched on the plate. Tasteless mush. Anyway, you can put that down to personal taste. Being a wedding anniversary, I didn't make a fuss. The part that annoyed me was that after the meal was finished the whole steak was returned to the kitchen. The staff and chef said nothing. If my own customer had sent back a steak with one bite missing, I would want to know why. Just struck me as very unprofessional. We haven't been back since.

1  Thank John K
Reviewed March 8, 2014

This restaurant is nice and clean.
The background music is soft and relaxing.
The service is quick: the girls are all pretty and have a fake permanent smile.
The food is good enough and the wine list is Ok.
Basically all is good but I think there is a lack of personality in any aspect of the restaurant. My perception is that everyone working here has perfectly learnt a manual by heart and all the procedures are very well applied. Nothing wrong with this but I would suggest a little bit more of passion and a more genuine attitude.
Prices are in line with the restaurant category and of course you don' t want to come here if you are looking for a budget meal in Thailand.

1  Thank Fealuna