All reviewslazy wavehoneymoon suiterent a scooterkoh samuibeachresortmassagekoislippersbangkok
Reviewed October 7, 2017

we stayed in the hotel for two days. Its advantages are good location (just as you see). The rooms are clean and the WIFI is good.
The disadvantages are:
1. Our room contained of 3 "levels" with very SLIPPERY steps. My wife fells three times! You have pay extra attantion to go to toilet in the night
2. The restaurant is not clean - there were ants in the fruits

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shapiro A
Reviewed September 12, 2017 via mobile

First of all it wasn't like on the pictures - it was old and dirty, the floor outside and inside the wasn't clean and was broken.
When I came I had no idea it's going to look like that. Even the sign at the entry was falling apart.
There was something weird and perhaps not clean in the sheets cause every morning (3 nights from hell) I would wake up with red and sour eyes.
I didn't ask for refund cause I checked on day two and they made a lot of problems to ppl who wanted to get their money back after they paid. Anyway, after that I left Koh Samui, couldn't be there anymore.
Just don't go there it doesn't look even near like in the pictures and they should be ashamed for putting pic which doesn't represent at all how it really is.

The food at the "restaurant" was edible - mostly BUT it doesn't worth the price, you can do better outside.
The only good thing I can say about that "resort" is that they had one good soup.

I'm going to remember Koh Samui as a hotel from hell.

Stayed: September 2017
Reviewed August 17, 2017 via mobile

We have travelled around Thailand for almost 30 days, so have not needed luxury accommodation or five start resorts. However, we chose to spend a bit extra for our week stay in Ko Samui. We ended up finding what we thought was a great deal for a 'resort' which was right on the beach front for an excellent price. This turned out to be the worst hotel of our entire stay.

The whole resort (if you can call it that) is in desperate need of some attention. It needs painted, freshened up, the furniture at the front desk area is tattered and shabby, the main entrance is covered in wood a lot of which is damaged. It needs a good scrub and some TLC. The 'resort' looks NOTHING like the pictures, they have done an excellent job at portraying a cool, chic, beach front resort when in fact, it's the most grotty hotel. The staff on check in showed us to our room which was ten times smaller than we imagined. Exceptionally dark, roasting hot, in need of a good clean, it had damp bed sheets and window frames/door frames that were far too big so there were gaps around the edges of the door and windows. Plenty of opportunities for the Mosquitos to get in. No one told us where or when breakfast was served, simply given vouchers. We were not told how to use the wifi or given any basic info about the resort or even Chaweng.

We had booked to stay for 8 nights and left after night 1. During our disastrous one night stay, we planned to use the gym facilities. If you are active gym users like us who like the opportunity to train while away you'd be exceptionally disappointed. There is no opportunity to even move in the gym to lift a weight. There isn't even a path way between the running machines to the free weights so you can actually do anything. It's an awful set up, plenty of equipment but no opportunity to use it.

During the night staff were out at the pool at 3.45am they were shouting, playing music, laughing, joking. Extremely rude. Our room overlooked the pool area, it was so noisy it woke us up and went on for around half an hour before we opened the window to look down as a hint for them to be quiet before shutting it again. The too big frames didn't help with noise and attracted numerous mosquitos which later lead to myself having to get an antibiotic to clear them up later in the trip as they became infected! Disgusting!! The noise began again at 6,then 7, then 8, also this time came banging on our door which I presume was a broom attempting to clean the filthy communal landing.

That morning we headed to breakfast, which was delightfully covered in ants at the tea/coffee area, beside the fruit and hot food. The omelette making section was ridiculous, ask what you want and you get the opposite. None of a particular ingredient as I'm allergic, I'm sure I got extra. The omelette itself once you cut it open leaked raw egg. Vile. Staff at breakfast linger at your table and stare, I'm unsure what for. The bathrooms near the breakfast area are horrendous, honestly haven't been cleaned in forever.

I contacted Expedia (we booked through them) to express our disappointment. Booked this thinking it was a lovely beach front resort which really cool rooms. What we got was a filthy resort, infected mosquito bites, rude awakenings in the night and an ant filled breakfast. Expedia contacted the hotel about a refund for the 7 nights as we wished to leave early. Hotel took a charge for our one night stay (fair enough), second night stay as we checked out after 12pm (a bit rude considering the complaints made) and then a cancellation charge, you've got to be kidding me!! It was as if the hotel was doing us a favour??!!!!! Appreciate the rate was non refundable but surely given the circumstances the extra hotel charges were unnecessary.

When we were checking out, we were greeted by Eddie who I had watched from our room move the receptionist away from the desk when Expedia called him (we were on hold while they called the hotel), what I didn't realise when I met him was that I was about to be interrogated regarding our stay. I told him everything I thought and he told us Expedia refunds were not feasible, as in the hotel couldn't refund an Expedia rate. Nonsense, you could buy refundable rates for the hotel on Expedia. I called him up on that, as I've dealt with Expedia in my work place and I was told Thailand was different. Again, nonsense. It's a worldwide company, same rules will apply all over. Eddie then called over the receptionist and filled her in about our complaints , they had a chuckle about our gripes obviously heard it all before. He told me they were in the middle of renovations I find that hard to believe, there were certainly no signs of ongoing renovations. They said to contact their big boss and asked us about our Expedia call, he also tried to make out the expedia employee got some facts wrong about us etc. Bit silly if you ask me. Would never return to this hotel or recommend, absolutely awful. If you read the reviews on this hotel and what to take one seriously please let it be this one. Ended up paying £130 for one night here due to the big boss' decision, worst £130 I have ever, EVER spent.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Chloerose_09
Reviewed August 12, 2017

We were happy with our stay at Tango beach resort. The rooms and surroundings were very cozy. Feels like a hotel in the jungle with plenty of plants around the rooms. The hotel also provides chairs at the beach and massages. Worth to point out is that the beach is at the northern part of Chaweng which isn't the best for swimming. The seabed was full of seaweed but it is possible to walk maybe 1,5km to get good swimming possibilities.

We got very tired of the breakfast since it is more or less only fried rice, fruits and omelettes. But from my experience this is often the case in Thailand.

The staff were friendly and there is a bar at the beach so you can enjoy a beer or cocktail.

There is of course air condition in the rooms but unfortunately it is located just above the bed which means they you either get a very warm room or have cold air in your face the whole night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room where the air condition isn't just above the bed.
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 29, 2017 via mobile

Myself and my partner stayed here, probably expecting too much based on the price. We stayed in budget accommodation for all f our holiday and decided to splash out, but tango didn't deliver the goods. The room was dark, dated and the "double" bed was two singles. The buffet breakfast was rotten. The hotel itself isn't very central, the restaurant area is nice, but we didn't eat there. The beach around the hotel isn't the best either, as in there is no sun loungers and the beach area isn't ideal for swimming, with a walk of approx. 150m to reach water out of an adults depth.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple