Travelocity
eDreams
Priceline
ZenHotels.com
Orbitz.com
All reviews lazy wave koh samui stayed for nights beach resort sand
Selected filters
Reviewed October 28, 2012

The most amazing time of our lives! I searched day and night for that perfect place for the perfect price! While in south africa i short listed from 309 resorts and made my top 10! We winged it all the way from take off out of johannesburg! We landed in koh samui early morning and got a taxi to drop us off in mid chaweng! What a cutlure kick, i mean i travel allot as i work for an airline, and was very sceptical at leaving our passports at the motor bike rentals! But it all went well and the best driving experience as everyone has respect on the roads! We drove for 3 hours from resort to resort looking at rooms and pricing,complete dissapointment, until tango ingulfed my eyes and mind! The friendliest greeting, she showed us the rooms and gave us great prices, she even planned to have the two rooms next to each other for us two couples. off we went to fetch our ladies that couldnt wait to see us. The transport from tango drove 5 min with us two go fetch our ladies and luggage! The friendliest service ever! an amazing ambient pool, modern yet island feel facility with breakfast on the beach and a massage in the sea breeze! and the menu is perfectly priced and very tasty! We stayed a total of 8 nights! Which then turned out to be 9 for the better! we struggled to get away for our flight to bangkok, so when we got a taxi and he asked us where to go, we all said together TANGO!!!!as it was my girlfriends birthday! the staff assisted amazingly, from the ladies at the reception, to the gentle man than cleans the pool, to Wai, Joe, Gof and to the best intouch owner ive ever met Chatchai Techasarin, who even offered to help to setup candles in the sand! And how do we miss all of them! Cnt wait for our next trip. See all of you very soon again!

Room tip: All rooms are great! Trust me!
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
5  Thank ian l
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I travel a lot and I like staying in different hotels every time and even though I don't write reviews I always check Trip Advisor before I booked a hotel. I received a warm welcoming confirmation email from Tango Beach and I thought I made a better choice. Everything went well from pick up at the airport to check in. The resort was in a good location and the evening receptionist on duty did her part even though she spoke broken English which as in all over Thailand was somehow cute. The room was nice, clean and worth the price with a beautiful swimming pool close by. Things started going bad when it rained for the whole night. I found all my clothes in the wardrobe wet and dirty from the water dripping from the ceiling. And to add to it the toilet didn't flush. This kind of things happen and I can fully understand but hell broke lose when I went to the reception in the morning to tell them of the situation. The receptionist did not greet me (which made me doubt I was even in Thailand) and when I told her my story she pulled a long face and asked me bluntly..room number??? and to my utter surprise, instead of saying anything or attending to my problems started going through my bills. Was she telling me to leave or was it that they don't take complains. I stood there for 25 whole minutes looking at her making calls, gossiping with a face even her mother would vomit. I could have stayed as I like the set ups and would have taken any arrangement from changing rooms or geting things repaired only if she had apologize or even smile. I had read a few reviews of people who faced the same fate(maybe with the same woman) and I was stupid enough to book. I had enough and ask her if she would give me back the refund for the rest of my stay. She keep saying 'cannot agent booking' and started making calls again. Sorry seems to be the hardest word from her mouth. I had to leave- refund or no refund. and my sincere advice to those who are about to choose Tango Beach Resort is ..think twice!!! I'm in a better place Chaweng Cove Resotel; at least a hotel with much more polite, smiling and helpful people. Now this is Thailand!

Room tip: Think Twice!
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Kjtb
Tangobeach, Aung, Guest Relations & Reservations at Tango Beach Resort Samui, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Dear Mr. Kjtb, Thank you for taking such a long time to write a review. First and foremost on behalf of the management and staffs please allow me to apologize for what you experienced on the night of 23rd October and on the morning of 24th October 2012. Our behavior was extremely inappropriate, immature, and lacked the respect you deserved. From your point of view we fully understand that this was truly an unprofessional and unacceptable manner. In the future, we have every intention of curbing our actions and learn to adjust our behavior befitting our valuable guest such as you. It was not our intention to cause any damage or inconvenience.
At Tango Beach Resort, we strive for the perfection of services and the satisfaction of our guest. Unfortunately, due to key staff changes and prolonged renovation works, the issue you had experienced slipped through process. While we have caused this unpleasant experience, we were able investigate and saw where and what went wrong. The dripping water from the ceiling was due to unforeseen heavy rains which also caused the sewage system to over flood. We believe acquiring this insight has allowed us to learn and prevent similar issues in the future. We have taken extra precautionary measures with regards to room maintenance and sewage systems.
Regarding the behavior of our staff, in retrospect, the situation resulted from the receptionist’s eagerness to help you and overcome your inconveniences which unfortunately was misinterpreted. She was actually felling sorry for the inconveniences you had, our shortfalls and was lost for words at that particular moment. She was in panic and in due course started calling out to the superiors and all department heads concerned to resolve the issue without delay and to further upgrade you into a suite which regretfully did not come in time to prevent you from leaving. While this is by no means an excuse for her behavior, knowing the cause will help her guard against making the same mistakes in future. She will be taken full action for the lack of service and professionalism.
We guarantee that we will not let this problem persist. To ensure that this does not happen again, we are creating in house training sessions to return us to the high-level of quality and service our guests deserve.We look forward to having the opportunity to have you back as a guest of ours and allow us to show you the real changes we have made. We wish you all the best.
W.

Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for one night in October 2012. The surroundings are nice with a lovely pool that lights up all different colours at night. It is also is right on the beach which is great. It is however about a 25 min walk from the main nightlife but you can walk straight down the beach maybe stopping at one of the beach bars for a cocktail on the way or you can walk down the road or flag a red taxi bus down for 20bht. The room was clean but basic and very small with no complimentary soap by the sink. Also the toilet didn't flush properly which was unpleasant! We ended up walking down the road and booking in at the Muang Kulaypan which was only £7 a night dearer and 100 times nicer with a bigger pool and splendid rooms.

5  Thank Roomguide
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We chose Tango Beach because of the price and they offered an airport pick up service. This saved us any hassle at the airport as we were arriving in the evening. Our room was probably the cheapest as we had no outside space but the pool and beach were only metres away. The restaurant was ok but we found better value and choice at other places nearby especially for breakfast. The best thing is the location as the beach is right outside the restaurant. It seems to be the quieter end of Chaweng so there was only the occasional jet ski or banana boat to contend with. If you use the free sunloungers you will get hawkers trying to sell everything from coconut mobiles to sarongs but a polite no is usually enough.
In terms of the locality there is a pharmacy, 711 and internet cafe with a travel service all across the road. The main part of the town with the large banks etc is within a 10 minute walk.
If you plan on travelling to Koh Tao or Koh Phangan make sure to book the Seatran as the pier is only a few minutes away from Tango. The other pier is much further and you have to be picked up 2 hours before the boat leaves.
They were doing some renovations during our stay but we were notified in advance by a letter under the door and the staff were really apologetic.
The minibar is a nice touch. Just make sure to replace anything before you check out!

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
10  Thank chr1st1ne2016
Tangobeach, Aung, Guest Relations at Tango Beach Resort Samui, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Dear Christine,
On behalf of the management and staffs I thank you for choosing Tango beach for your stay and for taking the time to share your experiences. We are honored that you have enjoyed your stay even though the refurbishments were taking place. We are constantly trying to improve the overall quality and ambiance of the property to serve our guests better in the future. Your review is a spot on and provides a clear picture of our property and location. We wish you all the best in your business and personal endeavors.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

I have stayed here twice. For those of you theat really know Samui the Tango is the best! Its right on the beach, the breakfast bar is right on the beach, and the busy busy beaches are much further down the beach, but not too far if you feel like a massage or to buy some crappy beads.
The staff are not in your face, but will always fix things if required with a minimum of fuss! The rooms are clean and the place is quiet enough to sleep when required!!! Its prices are very good for what you recieve, and isn't that what we all want on a cheap relaxing holiday! See you in Feb 2013.

Room tip: You get what you pay for! really Check out the prices ( the closer to the beach the better)
Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
8  Thank Wayne M
Tangobeach, Guest Relations at Tango Beach Resort Samui, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2012

Dear Value Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are very honored that you have enjoyed your return and we are already looking forward to welcoming you on your 3rd visit next year. We wish you every success in your personal and business endeavors.
Kind regards, Aung.