“Paradise! ...but sssush, don't tell too many people about it! :-)”
Review of Jungle Club

Jungle Club
Ranked #28 of 103 Hotels in Chaweng
Reviewed March 14, 2011

I'm going to keep this short and to the point.

This place is bliss. It is the very best if you are looking for some where off the beaten track to relax and unwind.

The views are out of this world. The staff are polite, laid-back and firendly. The cuisine is stunning. The rooms were simplistic and clean. The natural infinity pool is just fabulous.

Time seemed to just stand still whilst we were here.

And guess what....?? Were're going back this year and CANNOT WAIT!!

Well done Jungle Club. Keep up the good work!!! Don't change anything!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Jungle Club

Reviewed February 27, 2011

Yes you are on a very steep side of a mountain & need to pay extra for your ride up & down the mountain apart from two free trips per day at set times. But the view, the peace & quiet are all worth it! The staff were very helpful & friendly. The pool is an infinity pool & gorgeous. Food & drinks at the restaurant good quality. We had a lodge with private balcony, more pricey but well worth the privacy & views over the bay. Due to these reasons The Jungle Club has the wow factor & we would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2011

I've stayed at Jungle Club twic now. The first time I was back packing around Thailand for a few months back in 2009. When I arrived here (I read a small review in Lonely Planet), I came with an open mind and no expectations... From the moment I arrived I was blown away! - I was picked up frm the base of the hills by one of the staff (JZ). After the short journey up through the mountain I arrived at what can only be described as a breathtaking view. The view of Chaweng below is awesome. The archetecture of every building is unique in it's own right and the staff even more so... Jack (the bar manager) is the most chilled and lovely host you could ask for. Val and It the owners are welcoming and professional proprietors, who'll bend over backwards to make your stay a special one. Whether on your honeymoon or just backpacking!

One of the best things about Jungle Club is the staff and the people you meet there. It attracts different people form many walks of life, from backpackers, to families, mid-thirties couples and singles, to honeymooners and retired explorers.. It's truely amazing and that's what gives Jungle Club it's edge. I would never stay in a 5 Star beach resor in Samui ever. This place has the tranquility of the mountains, yet it's close enough to the beach and bars for you to choose between a party night or a relaxed night. I often switched up my days here and went for a party one night, then spent a few days chilling, eating, reading abook and chatting with the people I met there and the staff. In fact I have since becaome close friends with some of the stafv and locals who I met there. They are such genuine and lovely people it makes you think you've experienced real Thai people in a place away from the hustle and bustle of most commercial hotels.

I returned to Jungle club in 2010 and will be heading bthere again in June 2011.

I cannot recommend a better place to stay in Samui. The bar, the restaurant, the massage, the music, the pool (oh the pool!) and the different levels of accomodation for every budget makes this place not only a hidden gem, but I think the hidden diamond of Samui... Enjoy!!!!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank MarcoLearmont
Reviewed February 12, 2011

I have such fond memories of this place! I arrived as a solo traveller in December 2010 and was immediately taken aback with the beauty of the surroundings. It really is one of the most idyllic locations imaginable, perched snugly at the top of a steep hill overlooking the Bay of Chaweng. Getting up there is a thrill in itself, as the road meanders steeply up the incline and eventually you arrive amidst the lush green vegetation and palm trees. I was welcomed by Valerie, a wonderfully free-spirited French lady who immediately endeared herself to me with her fascinating life story of how the Jungle Club was born and developed into the paradise it now is. To Valerie: thank you for your kindness, warmth and generosity and for the memories that will live for a long time to come! Thanks to It, Taa and Jack for the laughs we had together. Wonderful people all of them.
The staff are great and love to mingle with the guests and help in every possible way. Food is delicious and keenly priced. I stayed in a Jungle Hut which must be the most unique accomodation I have ever stayed in! The day I left I promised I would return and this is a promise that this Irishman will not break!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed January 20, 2011

Even before we arrived we were made to feel as though wew were going to stay with friends....from the first few minutes it was clear that we had made the right choice and were greeted with warm smiles and cold & colorful cocktails.
As this was our honeymoon, we were naturally concerned to be staying somewhere neither of us had been before....those concerns were overcome immediately and replaced with excitement and we soon realised we were about to have the best holiday we have ever had.

The location of the Jungle Club is truly magnificent....the views from every angle are stunning and the design and layout of the entire place is faultless. Everywhere you look there are natural stones, which rather than be moved to accommodate the buildings/pool etc, are incorporated which gives the whole place a very relaxed and natural feel.

The room was absolutely perfect and offered views of the bay below....a sala and hammock which also made the most of the vista, was outdone only by the fact that we had the same view from our bed...the room was clean, and has a very typical Thai feel, yet had hot running water, a TV and DVD....the balance between traditional and modern was just right and could not be improved upon!

The standout point of the Jungle Club is by far the people who own and work there...the staff are easily the most attentive and customer service oriented of any place I have ever stayed. The music is very fitting for such an idyllic location, and I was also welcome to share music I wanted to hear, which again made me feel as though as at home and not in a holiday resort. Valerie and It, the owners are such a cool couple and are also very involved in making sure our stay was perfect....to the point where Valerie made us sandwiches late at night even though the kitchen staff had finished for the day.

One other thing to note is that the Jungle Club attracts like minded people....and there were always friendly interesting people to hang out with....we made some great friends with whom we will stay in touch with and definitely meet back at the club some day.

There is really not much more to say other than if you are planning a trip to Thailand you really must make time to visit the Jungle Club....

Thank you so much Valerie, It, Jack, Tha, Karin and everyone else who made our honeymoon the trip of a lifetime....can't wait for the next visit, we're aiming for June : )

Matt & Sam Trickett

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 16, 2011

The Jungle Club is a pure delight balanced perfectly with it’s incredible natural surroundings. With towering palm trees, a perfect horizon pool and a whole host of places to relax, I had a hard time deciding which gazebo or hammock to chill in, read or just admire the incredible views over the Gulf of Siam which you would never tire of looking at.
I spent four nights initially and then returned for the remaining eights nights of my stay in Thailand as it’s most definitely one of the loveliest places I have come across on my travels.
The staff I can’t thank enough they were excellent and go the extra mile for you to ensure your stay is a good one. Arriving early morning on January 1, 2011, admittedly not the most convenient of times, a pick up service was provided from the airport and we received a very warm welcome on arrival and were immediately impressed by the stunning setting and fantastic atmosphere.
We had a lot of laughs, met great people, enjoyed delicious food and drinks, evening fires and good music with the accompanying jungle beat in this beautiful haven on Koh Samui.
I stayed in a lovely Jungle hut their budget option with all you really need, seating on the veranda out front, comfy large bed, mosquito netting and ensuite shower room. The room was equipped with an excellent safe, large fan and plenty of storage space.
The other accommodation was also beautifully presented with fantastic design detail and each in it’s own space with all the wonderful sounds and landscaped gardens and views to enjoy.
If you can drag yourself away, the hustle and bustle of nearby Chaweng with it’s beach, shops, nightlife, ATM, vehicle hire etc. is easy to reach as the staff provide a great service and are always available to collect you.
The Jungle Club is a real credit to the family and team of brilliant staff who have created the perfect feel for a relaxing holiday paradise. I can highly recommend staying if you have the chance.
Many thanks for a truly fantastic stay and I hope to visit again soon.

Jenny (and Lorna)

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 9, 2011

We spent five days in Jungle Club on the end December 2009 so we spent The New Year there too. It was amazing to see all those fireworks from the hill downstairs to the island. They had also great dinner late night on New Year´s Eve and gathered our friends in there to join with.Jungle Club is a top secret place in Samui. The best is that it´s separated from the main tourist hassle places.No one could come there without having a jeep.When you come up to the hotel you feel you have come to an paradise. We had two teenage girls with us. At first we thought they wouldn´t like to stay in Jungle but also they loved the place. We all wished we´d stay longer.

Every morning about 11 am the staff take you to the beach with their 4x4 jeep and bring you back at about 6 pm for free.You can come or go some other time also but it costs. We had the Jungle house with an amazing view from the veranda .Our teenage girls had Jungle bungalow which was very nice. No AC, just fan in every room.No fridge in any room also which was only negative matter what bothered us sometimes but totally the atmosphere was great!The bathroom was so great , it was made of nature stones etc
The owners with their lovely children were present at the place. Also the staff in the restaurant was very nice and friendly.

On the reception area was relaxing and peacefull music playing during the day. The whole area was tastefully decorated; just so beautiful place!

Jungle Club is highly recommended for anyone who likes different atmosphere than local hotels and bars.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family