“Third visit!”

Ranked #4 of 7 Food & Drink in Chaweng
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“Third visit!”
Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

After enjoying the red duck curry Sitca cooking class on our honeymoon, we couldn't return to Koh Samui without learning some new recipes! I attended the Panang curry class with my mum, sister and my sister's mother in law for an enjoyable afternoon with Ink. We then invited all our men and 2 babies to come and enjoy dinner with us. The food was delicious! Tonight, I returned to cook the deep fried chicken and chu chee fish with my husband. Again - amazing food and instruction. Thanks to Ink (who is professional and funny) and the Sitca team. A very worthwhile experience - I recommend booking the 4pm class and enjoying the dinner together with guests.

Baltimore, Maryland
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Absolutely worth the time and money”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

My wife and I visited SITCA to learn a bit about what it takes to make all the delicious food we'd been eating. We also hoped to learn a bit so we could emulate it at home. Not only was the food delicious but the instructors were excellent. They really go out of their way to explain what can and can't be substituted for and why and how to prepare the various ingredients both fresh or from dried stocks. The kitchen was very clean and atmosphere was fun (they're eager to help you if you run into trouble). Unfortunately I took a chili pepper seed to my eye mid preparation. while I spent 10 minutes crying in the bathroom one of the extra chefs stepped in for me and continued prepping. Once I was done I resumed my place and he caught me up on what I missed. They also send you home with a disk and paper versions of all the recipes you cooked that night.

My only recommendation is to bring extra people to help you eat. At the end of the night there was so much food we ended up wasting most of it. I would absolutely not miss this fun event and would happily return to learn another menu item.

Visited January 2013
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“FABULOUS - a must do!”
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

I dragged my nervous husband along to this cooking class (we did Monday night which was massaman, spring rolls and spicy salad). What an awesome thing to do! With about 20 in our group we were led by a personable, cute, funny chef called "Ink" who shares wonderful tips and tricks and knowledge about other Thai dishes at the same time.
We must have had at least 10 staff supporting us as we were cutting, mixing and mortar and pestling away during the 4 hours.
Additionally, above and beyond my expectations, they found out during the night that I have coeliac's disease and raced out to get me gluten free rice paper rolls as a substitute for our spring roll pastry. What considerate people!
A highly recommend from myself and my husband who was worried he wasn't going to be good enough but had an absolute ball. We also had a really friendly and fun group of fellow master chefs!!!

Breda, The Netherlands
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Excellent”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Today I went for Thai Cooking Class at SITCA. It was a wonderful morning. Ink is a great teacher, demonstrate everything, told a lot about the ingredients, different cooking oils. The kitchen is very clean, the staff very helpfull. We cooked Papaya Salad, Deep fried Fish with veggies, Red Curry pepper paste with chicken.
As I did not invite my family to join lunch, Ink give my a doggybag and extra rice. In the evening we had a delicious meal :-)
Have a look on their very informative website and book for lunch or dinner, you won't regret!

Thanks Ink and staff for this excellent morning in Koh Samui, I enjoyed every minute!

Visited February 2013
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A " must do" while in Koh Samui”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

A few friends and I did a course here this week and we all enjoyed it. Most of us have very basic skills in the kitchen, but it made no difference. The class suits all levels and the instructors are fantastic. The whole place works like a well oiled machine, everything is clean and efficient and you learn a lot about preparation of thai food. No boring bits, all fun and of course eating all of your hard work at the end was the best. You get SO much food so don't eat first. can't wait to use my reiepe book at home

Visited February 2013